I just worked with a former "EAST" F/A - Many topics

Not that we in the East are totally resistant to change but has management ever thought for a second that some things done in the West may be to hard to implement overnight on a MUCH larger scale? We have bases all over the place and hubs. Throw in tons of different stations that cater and this is supposed to work? Listen, I know we have great ideas on both sides to form one great airline but some things just won't work. Designing something on paper or having a round table discussion does not make it cost effective and streamlined. The new catering galley/cart packout is HORRIBLE at best.

We had a caterer just last night in DCA ask us how the cart where to be set up! Then in CLT the guy said it was a huge mess. Nothing was ever returned to the proper carts. It's just like everything else poor implementation of the idea! Ohh and not on person ever asked for our feedback on this new catering style.
Bonnie in inflight said that the carts may not be permanent and that they are looking at all the feedback.

I witnessed a little tiff between two caterers today. Never seen anything like it. The first one accidentally dropped a six-pack of sprite, and it sprayed all over the back galley, as well as the other caterer. The second caterer thought it was done on purpose and poured a can of bloody mary mix on the first one. Now #one is p*ssed, and jumps over my crew bags , which were in the aisle,to get to the front, and says, "I gotta see my supervisor". The galley was a holy mess.

I think the caterers are going through a little stress, ya think?

Bonnie in inflight said that the carts may not be permanent and that they are looking at all the feedback.

I witnessed a little tiff between two caterers today. Never seen anything like it. The first one accidentally dropped a six-pack of sprite, and it sprayed all over the back galley, as well as the other caterer. The second caterer thought it was done on purpose and poured a can of bloody mary mix on the first one. Now #one is p*ssed, and jumps over my crew bags , which were in the aisle,to get to the front, and says, "I gotta see my supervisor". The galley was a holy mess.

I think the caterers are going through a little stress, ya think?
Wow...I'll say! The other problem he said is that the F/A's do not put things back where they came from...so maybe we should all try and do that. Help our co-workers!

Smackdown!

As long as no alcohol was spilled…

If that had happened on a West flight, the FA's would have scrambled to put the bloody mary mix and sprite back into the cans to avoid waste. Every penny counts you know.

No laughing. He and I both had our jaws on the ground. Never had a whole six-pack explode at once. It squirted in every direction. Don't know why #two would think that is was done on purpose. Must have had some prior bad blood between the two.
That would have been funny to watch.... WW3 with Cokes/Sprits/and Blood Marys... However hope he went light on the booze. :shock: :p :D

Continued from the other thread:

<SNIP> Sounds like you are the clones... Always Unhappy and Never in a good mood. That's why US Airways needed new blood... TO stir the pot. :shock: :up:
You’re misunderstanding me.

<SNIP> If you would have read my post. I do put people in F/C. I will do it if a gate agent (couldn't at the last minute). Or a Flight Attendant wishes someone be put up in F/C. If the Capt wishes for someone to be in F/C. I try to take into consideration. HUMAN FACTORS (problems with tickets, staff, other airline situations, Katrina Victims, Military, and who ever I feel needs the extra seats. I am well liked by my mangt. They also know I do not do things out of place. I might even have moved a UM if I feel like it.

I dont think its a bad thing to take into consideration Human factors. I would say Its not a bad thing to Put MILITARY UP IN FIRST CLASS? IF they fight for my freedom. I'll BE DAMNED IF ANy passengers says that's should not happen. Which I dont think any of my passengers would care. I take care of my F/C passengers with the supplies/and equipment I am given.

As far as me taking the IOM/FAEM. I follow it to keep from getting in trouble. I have yet to be written up for trying to make someone who needs to be given a (BREAK) up in F/C. I will keep putting people up in F/C if I want. The only one I am accountable for is my Mananger. And I have yet to have any comments sent in.
I’m saying that’s a good thing.