IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
At any rate, with a rejection, the only one not coming back to the table is Randy Canale. We're coming for him in June and a transition negotiations team will be established in July.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

You forgot the other one not coming back to the table Tim....the company......

This board is full of more half truths and spin than I ever seen.

All you NO voters keep talking in circles...like your trying to convince each other. This T/A didn't get any better from September and isn't going to get any better in the future. Let's be realistic here.

nor will your New Direction team get a better one. We cant keep waitng on this thing to get better and hope and wait for 2 to 3 more years.
The time is now to put down your differences and understand this can be a positive for all of us.

For you freedom keep up the fight. We are with you guys in the west.
Oh and Im not sure who said it but the one post on here who said he talked to some guys who are voting no just to shut up PHX. Now thats some solidarity for ya. Oh ya.

first off this isn't about the New Direction team. there not in there yet . So why do you want to bring them in on this.

but since you did. lets see . I guess YOU would rather have a NEG TEAM . that knew going into NEG that the UA merger was a done

deal and your O.K with that. THEY KNEW A MERGER WAS COMING AND THEY STILL GAVE UP THE COC KNOWING IT WOULD SCREW

MEMBERS. good for you keep your faith in YOUR LIE / CHEATING UA board member president dictating your life. It's a democracy

so vote for a LOSER if you want to its your right. You want to screw your buddys in the class II . THEN GO RIGHT AHEAD. but this

time you can't come on hear CRYING that the HUBS sold you out. Fuzz when the day is done , its all about you and your struggles with

life. SO your know different than anybody else.

as far as the 60 day rule. READ YOUR T/A .. the words "PRIOR TO OEI". make that article useless. IF you don't understand it than

Please have someone explain it to you.

I have a question. If I am not mistaken is not the local lodge meeting in CLT and the T/A vote being held the same day.

Yes Joe you are correct . You will also be voting for which delegates to send to MCO in sep for the district convention

on how they are going to RAISE YOUR DUES. thur may 8 is going to be busy...

Just looking at the vollies back on p.44 of this thread...sorry I don't read every hour, I catch up after the day... anyway, if and when there is a merger, Fleet is not the hinge on whether it goes or not. We do have a large numer of employees in our combined work group, but T.A. or not, a merger is not contingent upon our work group!!

It would seem that the higher ups (company/union) are trying to butter us up with this T.A. again so that when the merger is announced, they are hoping that our vote is one that allows them the most flexibility in REDUCTION of workforce. Just my $.02. Be careful! A merged company with an obscenely high number of ramp workers is one that needs the fat trimmed in the eyes of the corporate scum. Screw the raise, I want some job protection! What good will the raise be if I am hitting the steets?

This West Coast Fieldy is a sure NO vote. Status Quo until the merger mania pans out and let the cards fall where they may. I'll move, and I have over 10 years, so I can go...... If it flies, I'll chuck bags on it.

i got a question for anyone.... i heard that if this merger goes through than anyone with 5 years or less in clt will be cut out anyone know any truth just so i know if i should start gettin ready to look for a job?????

i got a question for anyone.... i heard that if this merger goes through than anyone with 5 years or less in clt will be cut out anyone know any truth just so i know if i should start gettin ready to look for a job?????

CLTramprat72,
I hate to cut into this question without answering it but I'd like to settle something I've been hearing on the ramp at UAL. I was told that there are NO full time MAINLINE rampers at CLT or PHL that have less than 10 years with the company. I see you stated you have 5 or less and was curious if you were mainline us airways and if you were full time. This would put a rest to the rumors on the ramp that you cant hold a full time slot at mainline US aiways ramp without 10 or more years.

Thanks,
UALbagboy

here in clt we do have full timers with less than a year with the company i do belive i could go full time if i wanted just choose not to do so i have about a year and a half and there are people that were hired after me that have full time

i just hope that with the amount of people i have under me i will be safe if they do lay people off
Well your only part-time so its not like your using this to pay your house off. There will be plenty of other jobs out there and at 1 1/2 years your maybe making $10 a hour... It all depends on if they cut flights out of CLT. Good luck!

true but this job does pay the bills i have and jobs are hard to come by right now or atleast jobs with benifits other than a fast food job

I’m amazed at the level of self deception on this board … you all think you have some sort of super scope protection in your shitty BK contract????? WOW , no wonder you LOVE your BK contract , I wouldn’t want to give it up either ! 10 more years with it! Right brothers? Ten more years!!! (that’s called sarcasm )

Next Tim will be telling you that your 60 day rule is actually a GOOD thing! …. Yeah give me a break ..snap backs and change of controls and dignity and respect …. Yeah …. And sugar and sunshine and gold .….

Sometimes I wonder if I should change my style … perhaps I’m too realistic , perhaps my outlook is too worldly …. Maybe if I gave you more hope and empty promises you’d come over to our side …

OR maybe not …. So once again , here we go with another dose of reality …POW……

Our company lost 250 in the first quarter

The us economy is doing poorly and it’s expected to get worse

Fleet service is fractured into three different groups , two of them are paid less than the first , as long as this fact exists there will be no “wining “ negotiations …

Oil is up up and away …

We are possibly about to merge with united , there will down sizing , no one can know where or how many of us will lose our jobs … but we do know if it happens you east guys will leave this company and never come back with the 60 day rule …

I can’t keep remembering all of the negatives that we’re facing as a group , it’s like everyday there are more and more obstacles , yet nothing seems to phase you folks out there …. I’m sorry that times are bad , that things are getting worse , I really am …. There’s nothing I nor any of your brothers and sisters can do to change the world around us ….. We can only take that course of action that is the most logical , the most prudent …

It’s your decision , you can throw away this contract for the unknown …..

worst vacation, worst sick time, worst holiday pay, worst health cost, and a wage that guarantees you will be at Continental's current wages in the year 2016.

I'd have to say that deal will always be on the table and to be honest you don't need a union for that deal. PHX has isolated itself at this point.

regards,
Tim Nelson

actually tim , i think the WORST contract right now is what our poor easties have .....did you forget about that annoying 60 day rule ? hope that doesn't get in the way of your plans ....

You know if you convince the majority of the east fleet to vote this down and then they end up losing their jobs and getting involuntarily furloughed with that fun 60 day rule … I don’t think they’ll like you very much … nope …

Hey O man , knowing that the NEW TA takes away the 60 day rule , how do you still feel about it ? Joe , what say you ? Are you willing to let your boys go into the night ?

There is little scope to no scope in either contract (AWA or EAST BK )or this TA that will protect us from a merger .. Someone is GOING to have to pay the price , it’s like musical chairs …. When the music stops there’s going to be a loser ..

I guess the only question is if the music stops and you’re the loser , do you want to try to get in the next game , or just go away forever ?

And what if you vote no? What then? Bankruptcy? Chapter 7? Your company can not stand alone.
Mergers are not pretty and no matter how you slice it there will be reduced capacity and hub closures. The idea is to protect as many jobs as you can by positioning your company for the future. Randy Canale could have held on to the CIC and west scope and asked for contract enhancements but your company never would have signed it due to merger implications. All of you now know a merger will take place and you must determine if you want to be a part of United airlines and position for traditonal bargaining in 2011 with the biggest airline in the world. There will be job loss in such an event but many jobs will be preserved. Or you could reject the contract, keep the CIC and protect the west scope, and risk 8,000 jobs since your company may be without a merger partner. Will you take that responsibility?
District Force,
I understand your opinion that if fleet votes this down that the United merger won't happen and US AIRWAYS would have to go it alone, in which case you have been explicit that you believe US will file chapter 7 if this contract doesn't ratify [even though the Parker said he has no problem keeping the pilots separate if that's what they want].

Your opinion on the contract itself suggest that you think this contract sux like 100% of fleet service workers do. But your reason of supporting the contract is quite different from the others who have admitted that this contract is a rape job but still worthy of some yes votes.

So here's my question, If fleet service rejects this contract and it decided to protect the 22 west stations and keep the CIC merger protections, AND United still mergers with US AIRWAYS, does this contract have any merit at that point? Would you vote Yes or would you vote NO if you didn't think US would end up in bankruptcy? FWIW, I think I know who you are and you have always been a solid IAM leader and I know you'll support us if this contract goes down.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Freedom…Fuzz…Wieser…etc.

Say what yahh want… vote as yahh will…

I’ll assure ya’ll, that CLT Fleet, is gonna produce the highest NO percentage of any station! We have pride, and conviction… there is no way that we will ratify an agreement that is worse than the one just voted down a few months ago. Regardless of the circumstances!

So doing… would telegraph a position of weakness, and set a precedent for all future negations. Remember, the Company and the Union… both keep notes!

P.S. Fuzz… at no point in my posts, or opinion, have I indicated that a NO vote would prevent the Company from merging with another carrier. My position is, and will remain… that a NO vote will bring the Company back to the table! Period!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back