Pilot labor thread 5/4-5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...we have become an enemy...and that enemy is....us..."

I wish you ALL...East and West would read that....

Jesus....we will all be very forunate to finish out our careers with oil and competition....we already have the company to deal with....and in the end, they are the ones to be dealt with.

We are truly wasting our time here and now.

Wanna make more? Want more days off? Want more options for lifestyle?

Stop the F'ing fighting amongst ourselves then....and redirect it to the people who write the checks and make the schedules.

"...we have become an enemy...and that enemy is....us..."

I wish you ALL...East and West would read that....

Jesus....we will all be very forunate to finish out our careers with oil and competition....we already have the company to deal with....and in the end, they are the ones to be dealt with.

We are truly wasting our time here and now.

Wanna make more? Want more days off? Want more options for lifestyle?

Stop the F'ing fighting amongst ourselves then....and redirect it to the people who write the checks and make the schedules.

Not a pilot but this makes so much sense to me.

OK...good. Are you able to elaborate? Did it happen?

I, for one, do not want to deal with such caustic events going forward....we all have an airline to run.

Thats West AND East.
Pilot's are called in all the time but it always turns out to be a he said, he said situation.

A wash.

Not a pilot but this makes so much sense to me.
Don't have to be a pilot, sir, to get this.

I think you may be a member of one of our FF groups, not sure, so please forgive me.

I would like to personally thank you, if you are.

I apologize for the state of MY airline...I take responsibilty for it and it's success

I am A USAirways pilot.

LCC has aircraft on order. Should/Would that properly allow for some absurd gains for any/all of us via "Career Expectations" over the UA group of "Fellow Pilots"? I think NOT, but am all ears to hearing why that wouldn't be fully "reasonable" under the Alpo paradigm...anyone???"

Aircraft orders are just that, orders, not rubber on the ramp! If you'll look at UAL SEC filings you'll see that UAL has 42 A320's on the books STILL that can be converted to widebodies should it choose. So, following that logic I suppose UAL pilots could argue we have the potential for 42 ADDITIONAL widebodies. Get real.

Does anyone really think UAL would ever buy an Airbus widebody (unless they were given to them) with our entire fleet composed of Boeings? Plus does anyone really think Boeing won't weigh in on any UAL decision to purchase more aircraft without a VERY VERY compelling bid to continue to have UAL operate it's widebodies? Of course they will.

That's why any discussion of "aircraft on order" doesn't mean didley. Nice try from a negotiating standpoint but we at UAL/ALPA are a lot smarter than that. You bargain with what you bring to the table, nothing more. And a mere 19 widebodies (if you want to consider the 767 a widebody....we pretty much don't at UAL which gives USAPA rookies NINE (9)!!!) is hardly a big card in your deck. I'll see those 9 and raise you 82! (777 + 400's).

Cheers,
Z B)

Don't have to be a pilot, sir, to get this.

I think you may be a member of one of our FF groups, not sure, so please forgive me.

I would like to personally thank you, if you are.

I apologize for the state of MY airline...I take responsibilty for it and it's success

I am A USAirways pilot.
"pregnant pause" noted...

All you "warriers' " better think about this....long and hard.

Aircraft orders are just that, orders, not rubber on the ramp! If you'll look at UAL SEC filings you'll see that UAL has 42 A320's on the books STILL that can be converted to widebodies should it choose. So, following that logic I suppose UAL pilots could argue we have the potential for 42 ADDITIONAL widebodies. Get real.

Does anyone really think UAL would ever buy an Airbus widebody (unless they were given to them) with our entire fleet composed of Boeings? Plus does anyone really think Boeing won't weigh in on any UAL decision to purchase more aircraft without a VERY VERY compelling bid to continue to have UAL operate it's widebodies? Of course they will.

That's why any discussion of "aircraft on order" doesn't mean didley. Nice try from a negotiating standpoint but we at UAL/ALPA are a lot smarter than that. You bargain with what you bring to the table, nothing more. And a mere 19 widebodies (if you want to consider the 767 a widebody....we pretty much don't at UAL which gives USAPA rookies NINE (9)!!!) is hardly a big card in your deck. I'll see those 9 and raise you 82! (777 + 400's).

Cheers,
Z B)

Any questions from the West?.....think about the West fleet for just a minute before you answer.....

If you'll look at UAL SEC filings you'll see that UAL has 42 A320's on the books STILL that can be converted to widebodies should it choose.
So, UAL does have an additional 42 A320s ordered? that can be converted to "wide-bodies"? or,

are they rubber on the ground that can be traded in for "wide-bodies"? or something else?

What, exactly, are you saying?

Does it matter?

He is "flexing"...just like he should when confronted with some crazy merger...

But, here's the catch, flyboy, the plane you fly has just been deemed unprofitable...and is heretofore parked....furlough letters on their way.

"Snapshot....tag...you're it!..."

You lose, and you lose BIG......

Career expectations?....what are those?

LOS ?....you get what you "brung" to the dance.....( off the property?....fcuck you..._)

Now maybe you know how some of those F'ing Easties feel......

Remember "Coast to Coast?" Once upon a time we had the correct target in our sights.

Remember "Coast to Coast?" Once upon a time we had the correct target in our sights.
Yessir, I do...

The "correct target" is NOT the "other pilot group"...it never has been, and it never should be.

Did you have any real say in who hired you?

Did I...?

Did we not apply EVERYWHERE to get a job?....

So , tell me sir, exactly how did we become enemies...?

I didn't vote for this merger...

You didn't vote for this merger....

We have NO say in this merger..or any other merger.....

( You and I could easily get F'd in a merger....)

If I don't know you...and you don't know me.....why are we enemies?

If you'll look at UAL SEC filings you'll see that UAL has 42 A320's on the books STILL that can be converted to widebodies should it choose. So, following that logic I suppose UAL pilots could argue we have the potential for 42 ADDITIONAL widebodies. Get real.

Cheers,
Z B)

What are the delivery dates on those orders? There are none. What you are disingenuously (big surprise) trying to hide is that those orders are in a "deferred delivery" status. What this means is that these were orders that your struggling airline was in no position to close on, so they were given a pass. These orders exist in the same way that Mesa's A380 orders exists. They don't.

As to the "potential" to convert these orders to widebodies, this differs in what way from the potential of any other company to show up in Toulouse tomorrow and order aircraft? You have to be able to pay for them, and your airline can't.

You are operating in Lala Land, my friend. :blink:

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back