Pilot labor thread 5/4-5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWAPPA update:

3. Watch Your Back
AWAPPA has received several reports of USAPA members attempting to create a hostile work environment for former AWA pilots by engaging them in debate designed to entrap them and then filing reports against them with management. In their reports to management, the USAPA members have deliberately added "spin" to their version of the confrontation to appear that they are the victim.

Frankly, this vile act is inexcusable and the culture that has created this environment should be immediately stomped out by senior management. We hope that senior management is going to adopt a zero tolerance approach to this "baiting" activity by some USAPA members who file these frivolous reports.

AWA pilots need to be especially careful not to be entrapped by these activities and avoid any and all confrontations with East pilots. AWAPPA recommends that if you are confronted, you should immediate remove yourself from the situation and find witnesses to bear evidence to any events that may have transpired. Document everything. And please be careful out there.
s.

I heard that there were two AWA pilots helping an old lady with her bags, they had stopped to help her on their way to do volunteer work at the local orphanage thereby maximizing the 1 hour break. While doing this an EAST pilot came up to them, insulting them and throwing insults and using profanity in front of the old lady. What makes this even worse was the old lady was a nun. The AWA pilots knowing this was inappropriate behavior quietly asked the EAST pilot if he would mind refraining from this attack at least until they could retire to a more appropriate location where they could rationally and quietly discuss this in an adult and professional manner. Well the EAST pilot would have none of this and only increased his verbal assault. By now a crowd of children on their way to Disney had gathered. One of these children, crying from all the profanity was struck by a flying yellow lanyard. During all this chaos another EAST pilot had snuck up behind the two defenseless AWA pilots and dumped their flight bags on the floor. By now the entire crowd was outraged by the behavior of these EAST pilots. However the two AWA pilots by staying unemotional managed to somehow gain the publics trust and restore order before the police arrived. Luckily for the entire airport these two AWA pilots restored order because the police were going to shut the entire airport down because of the reported terrorist activity. All these people were lucky to have their vacations saved by these two AWA pilots.
The two EAST pilots ran when they saw the police coming and went to management blaming the AWA pilots for this whole terrible incident.

Have to say something, don't you, no matter how distorted it comes out. Yes, PSA had a couple L1011's flying for a few months in the mid 70's- over a decade before USAir came in and destroyed them. As stated in my post, the first widebodies the boys out east ever saw came from Piedmont.
You stated a falsehood. It needed to be addressed.

The PSA "boys" became the "boys out east" before Piedmont came on the property.

If what you say isn't what you are thinking, then perhaps you need to work on your grammar? :D

I heard that there were two AWA pilots helping an old lady with her bags, they had stopped to help her on their way to do volunteer work at the local orphanage thereby maximizing the 1 hour break. While doing this an EAST pilot came up to them, insulting them and throwing insults and using profanity in front of the old lady. The two EAST pilots ran when they saw the police coming and went to management blaming the AWA pilots for this whole terrible incident.

Be fair sir! You've completely left out the part where those, and dozens more evil east pilots then proceeded directly to the orphanage itself.....

Why am I never in the right place to see all, or even ANY of these social atrocities committed? I'd be very happy to intervene in any supposed abuse of ANY pilot, east OR west. Like it or not; We're all in this mess together.

Sheesh! Talk about total BS...and I'd thought Alpa was the finest available source for such within this industry. I've gotta' say that I'm now equally impressed with AWWHOPPERS's talents. Have fun out there kids.......

Or take a look at how long a guy at UA can realistically expect to spend on a widebody hired at a given point versus how long a guy at US will.

And just how long could a Cactus pilot expect to spend on a widebody vs. a US pilot? Well, according to the almighty St. Nic, just about the same amount of time.

DOH does not take into account anything other than time passing.

Thanks for the clarification. I had no idea.

Did the leather jacketed wannabees down at the FBO help you prepare this brief? That is, during your break from practicing proper radio procedures, such as the always popular "Wilco" response. :lol:

Time to move this to the new thread for the week--and let's keep the rumors of incidents limited to those with some evidence that they occurred shall we?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back