Pilot labor thread 5/4-5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the new pilot labor thread. Please stay on topic & do NOT make it personal as that is time off with no other warning.
There is no more ALPA, fix the title. " All USAPA labor issures here". hope I don't go the the corn field for the correction!!!

Excuse my not knowing ALL PILOT ISSUES.

From the previous week for Nostradamus:

The PSA web site you linked was created and maintained by a former HP employee who happened to love PSA for what it was. Regrettably, PSA had merged with US before he could get a job there.

All of the former PSA'ers really appreciate his efforts to keep this site up and running.

No conspiracy theory here, Nostro, sorry.

nostradamus

QUOTE (AWA320 @ May 4 2008, 09:39 AM)
Yeah they call those S%$B lists and it makes for a really rough time getting around off line. I had to prove myself on an Alaska flight, good thing I carry my ALPA card with me and proof of the two councils that were in the west.

You were hired in 2004, you carry your alpa card proudly. 3500 us airways pilots voted alpa out. I guess you know so much more than a 30 year pilot. I carry a list of some of your pilots on me. Some worked where they should not have, some flew things they should not have, and some flew when they should not have. These were all pre meditated acts.

Nos I was not hired in 2004!! I know you think you know who I am but you are wrong! If you were correct I would tell, it's an honor thing with me!!! Again as usual with you east folk it was not 3500 pilots either it was 2700. Do you ever tell the thruth or are you dishonest about everythng??

Will you Pilots ever get along?

I think ALPA hurt its self when they deviated from using Senority.

I've belonged to three different Unions in my carrier.All use Adjusted Senority Date , a modified date of hire. None intregrate senority lists, actual dates determine ranking not some kind of formula giving less senior employees more time just to be Fair. How is giving a less time on the job employee more time over an employee with more time fair?

Having said this none of the unions once the merger takes place would permit a higher senior employee to bump the lower senority employee out of their position. This would however posably prevent a pre merged #1 employee from being promoted to a higher position since post merger maybe that employee would now be #4.

Does anyone have an example of any other Union that does intregrated senority?

Does the United Mine Workers merge senority lists like ALPA?

How about the United Steel Workers? Teamsters? UAW? IUE?UE?AFSME?AFGE?

I've belonged to three different Unions in my carrier.All use Adjusted Senority Date , a modified date of hire. None intregrate senority lists, actual dates determine ranking not some kind of formula giving less senior employees more time just to be Fair. How is giving a less time on the job employee more time over an employee with more time fair?

Having said this none of the unions once the merger takes place would permit a higher senior employee to bump the lower senority employee out of their position. This would however posably prevent a pre merged #1 employee from being promoted to a higher position since post merger maybe that employee would now be #4.

Does anyone have an example of any other Union that does intregrated senority?

Does the United Mine Workers merge senority lists like ALPA?

How about the United Steel Workers? Teamsters? UAW? IUE?UE?AFSME?AFGE?

Raptor 22,

To answer your question NO we will not. We have liers cheats and thieves in our yard and the only answer is to rid the yard of that element... Being a pilot on this property is an embarrasment. I have never ever dispised a group of people like I do the east pilot group.

Raptor 22,

To answer your question NO we will not. We have liers cheats and thieves in our yard and the only answer is to rid the yard of that element... Being a pilot on this property is an embarrasment. I have never ever dispised a group of people like I do the east pilot group.
Why? Since they took away your lottery ticket? Since they won't give your their careers? Just why are you so hateful towards anybody, let alone your compatriots. Shows serious immaturity to me.

saguaro:USEAST:

If your going to bag on someone for referencing pearl harbor then you probably shouldn't put you yourself in King Solomon's sandals I would call that delusions of grandeur on a biblical scale.

Also I'm pretty sure it stopped being ok to refer to people from Japan as Japs as long ago as when you were in the "modern" air force.

Oh and as far as grammar lessons go. The pilot you "corrected" was referring to "a" hole not "an" hole.
The "east" term is just a description of the geographic location of said hole.

That's all for now I'm going to go teach my girlfriend how to drive stick.."

On a lighter note: Ummm...let me see if I have this right = You're about to attempt to "go teach my girlfriend how to drive stick.."...and...you yet project that I'M guilty of having "delusions of grandeur on a biblical scale"? :lol: Have fun..and don't forget to take along a quart or two of humility and patience....along with the usual cactus Koolaide of course :rolleyes:

QUOTE (Raptor22 @ May 4 2008, 08:54 AM) *

I've belonged to three different Unions in my carrier.All use Adjusted Senority Date , a modified date of hire. None intregrate senority lists, actual dates determine ranking not some kind of formula giving less senior employees more time just to be Fair. How is giving a less time on the job employee more time over an employee with more time fair?"

Raptor: You can sadly see by even the first, typically angry and hysterical response to your very reasonable post, ("To answer your question NO we will not. We have liers cheats and thieves in our yard and the only answer is to rid the yard of that element... Being a pilot on this property is an embarrasment. I have never ever dispised a group of people like I do the east pilot group.") that for some..there are zero notions of what's proper within any craft union,...much less..any frets over what's fair ;)

Time and events have a way of working things out....

Raptor 22,

We have liers cheats and thieves in our yard and the only answer is to rid the yard of that element... Being a pilot on this property is an embarrasment.

You're are being too hard on yourself, really.

Why? Since they took away your lottery ticket? Since they won't give your their careers? Just why are you so hateful towards anybody, let alone your compatriots. Shows serious immaturity to me.

You guys haven't taken anything, just prolonged it. You have given up your honor.

Still waiting on the "lottery ticket as you call it" however the award help me very little!! I think UNITED will take care of that for me :up: Now if lottery is the way to go then I would say you won by being able to keep a job when Douglas bailed you out!! Not that's a lottery winner for the ages huh???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back