IAM Fleet Service topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the TWU Fleet seniority language in 1e(1) was directly applicable to the AA/US scenario (It’s not), I see no reference to seniority as being sacred; it is simply the Allegheny Mohawk LPP’s with a sentence that attempts to protect hours, pay, and work conditions…IF…those provisions in the LPP’s are not adhered to.

Here is the portion of the AA/TWU contract I’m speaking of…

(e) The integration of the seniority lists of the respective employee
groups will be governed by the provisions of Sections 3 & 13 of Allegheny-
Mohawk, 59CAB22 (1972), provided that no employee on the master seniority list
will be adversely impacted in rates of pay, hours, or working conditions by the
integration.

Here is the rest of the story…

(f) Merger, Purchase, or Acquisition by Another Company
In the event of a merger, purchase, or acquisition of the Company by another
company, the TWU and the Company will meet to discuss the merger, purchase, or acquisition. The Company will provide the TWU with information concerning the proposed merger, purchase, or acquisition at the earliest feasible time to allow for the Union to prepare for those discussions. Those discussions will include the impact of the merger, purchase, or acquisition upon the TWU represented employees.

(g) Labor Protection Provisions:
In the event of a merger, purchase, or acquisition of the Company by another
company, the integration of the seniority lists of the respective employee groups will be governed by the provisions of Sections 3 & 13 of Allegheny-Mohawk, 59CAB22 (1972).The employee groups of each carrier will remain separated until such time as the seniority lists are integrated in accordance with this paragraph.

Here is what the Allegheny Mohawk sections say…

Section 3 specifies that:
“insofar as the merger affects the seniority rights of the carriers’ employees, provisions shall be made for the integration of seniority lists in a fair and equitable manner, including, where applicable, agreement through collective bargaining between the carriers and representatives of the employees affected. In the event of failure to agree, the dispute may be submitted by either party for adjustment in accordance with section 13.

Section 13 of the Allegheny-Mohawk order directs that when a dispute or controversy cannot be settled by the affected parties within 20 days, either party may refer it to an arbitrator selected from a panel of seven names furnished by the NMB. The parties involved select the arbitrator by alternately striking names until one remains. The selected arbitrator must render a decision
within 90 days unless the parties agree to extend that time limit. The salary and expenses of the arbitrator are shared equally between the employer and employee group or individual employees. The arbitrator’s decision is final and binding. The involved parties may agree on an alternative method for dispute resolution or an alternative procedure for selecting an arbitrator. The new federal law, however, provides that if the same collective bargaining agent represents the combining classes or crafts at the newly merged airline, then that collective bargaining agent’s internal policies regarding integration will supersede the Allegheny-Mohawk provisions. This is an important distinction for the pilots in the proposed Northwest-Delta merger. Since both pilot groups are represented by the same union, they are allowed to resolve the issue among themselves. For other unionized employees who are combining with nonunion employees or employees of another union, the provisions of their collective bargaining agreement related to integration or successor clauses apply only if they do not contradict the “fair and equitable” standard and arbitration procedures of Allegheny-Mohawk. The role airline management would have in integration discussions under these circumstances is unclear.

Now… how can any of these words be construed as some magic, exclusive, “sacred” language?

what I see is like all these contract it seems , enough gray area for a fleet of battle ships. of course that damn federal law is just as bad.It couldn't say anything specific just "just fair" What a load of horsesh**

Interesting accusations indeed. How much of it is spin and how much can be substantisted remains to be seen. The web site speaks of the LFP team as though the current LFP team candidates running for election had already been in office. It's unfortunate, with the launch of their website, they choose to discredit the other slates rather than focusing on their own accomplishments the past four years. IMO... this speaks volumes.
ograc

[sub]I agree with you Ograc its all just spin spin spin. I also heard that RD asked for US to be removed to another DL. Maybe 700 could comment on that.[/sub]

ograc,

Some of the LfP team has held office before. I do not know the exact numbers, but we can start with KA, RE, MW, just to name a few. I can find out the exact numbers if you wish. But I am sure you already know. So please dont play coy and act like NOBODY on the LfP ticket has never held office. On another note, who is proposing a move to DL142?, and who would be the ones moving? Really, where do you guys get this stuff?

pjirish,
Fully aware some of the LFP team has held office before. I am not sure if it is fair to insinuate the said candidates mentioned are the sole reason for what they are being accused of. I never stated NOBODY on the LFP team has ever held office. Where did you get this from? Regarding your question concerning a move to DL 142... I heard it was proposed to the International by none other than RD. The ones moving would be current DL 141 US members. Got "this stuff" from a member of the ND Team. If it is true, apparently they did not share this with you or the membership at US. Things are not always what they appear to be.
ograc

When someone is on here defrauding the US AIRWAYS members I will call them out on it.

Tim, a lot of people, myself in some instances, say you're doing exactly that, defrauding the membership. But of course we're in opposition to what you say so we're the ones defrauding the membership.

That would be great Tim if not for the fact that section 1(e) would apply if AMR was doing the purchasing.

Unfortunatly we've learned that language regarding purchaing can be interpreted in many ways. The US Airways management are masters at weaseling around these clauses, or structuring things to their best advantage.

One thing that I'm looking for in the event of a merger is the TWUs stance on seniority. When AWA and US merged the TWU chose not to fight for AWA seniority on the premise that Date of Hire is fair. Will this be the TWUs stance for an AA/US merger?

Tim
I have read on Facebook, that you are asking Delaneys ticket how many African Americans he has on his ticket. Question for ya!! If you have the best ticket, and the best people running, what is your need to bring race into the mix???
Ill ask you now, if you think your guys are the best, then put GA from phl that is running for Agc on your ticket on here, or send him to visit cities and let him be asked some questions without you answering for him. I will tell everyone now, that Tim won't do this, because he knows GA, can't speak for himself, dosent have anything to do with the color of his skin, has to do with his knowledge. Or better yet, let any of your AGC,s visit cities without you being with them!!! Let's see is this happens!! People if Nelson won't do this, how is he going to let these people represent the members?? But yet he says he is there for the members!!! Again, wake up people!!!!!

Everyone,
It is time for everyone to realize who the enemy is. Nelson will spend all his time putting down the other tickets!! Why does he do this?? Because he wants to put everyones focus away from his ticket. Go to occupy 141 web site and listen to these bio,s and listen how many won't even state their experience. Why??, because many of them don't even have any!! Tim dosent want you to know this, that's why he tries to get you to focus on the other tickets. He even put 2 continental people on his ticket in the beginning, knowing full well that the dept. Of labor would rule they couldn't run, but he wanted to deceive the continental people so they would vote for him. This man will destroy this union, if he is lucky enough to get in, and he can't deliver on his promises, then it will be the GL ,s fault, not Tims, then he will be telling everyone how we need to get the GL people out of office!!!

PLEASE WAKE UP TO THE TRUTH!!!!

Tim
I have read on Facebook, that you are asking Delaneys ticket how many African Americans he has on his ticket. Question for ya!! If you have the best ticket, and the best people running, what is your need to bring race into the mix???
Ill ask you now, if you think your guys are the best, then put GA from phl that is running for Agc on your ticket on here, or send him to visit cities and let him be asked some questions without you answering for him. I will tell everyone now, that Tim won't do this, because he knows GA, can't speak for himself, dosent have anything to do with the color of his skin, has to do with his knowledge. Or better yet, let any of your AGC,s visit cities without you being with them!!! Let's see is this happens!! People if Nelson won't do this, how is he going to let these people represent the members?? But yet he says he is there for the members!!! Again, wake up people!!!!!

IMO... the teams running in this election have put it out there, so to speak, for the members to decide. Does the membership vote for a team based on perceived racial, gender or classification diversity? This seems to be the pitch for the Occupy Team. IMO... The membership's decision in this election should be based on the candidate's experience, years of involvement and which team proposes plans for the future betterment of the membership? IMO... true union representation, wheather it be contract negotiations or grievance representation, is not based on race, gender or classification. Assembling a ticket based on race, gender and classification, regardless of qualifications should be perceived as divisive and political in nature. I guess the ends jusify the means with some.
ograc

please visit: http://lfp12.com

Off the elections for a bit. Once again Clt mgt has violated our contract by "blanket mandatory" of the entire pm shift. No voul's. ask for(at least not where I work) & didn't go by seniority. I hope some one from our comitte will "wake them up".

Harry

Dave,
here's a good laugh for last 4 years you have become DA lapdog and IT guru, so we understand
your alliance to ND. but really how about showing WHAT the ND did in the last 4 yrs other than have
nice conventions in LAS and fluffy nice printed Messenger magazines. If it wasn't for Nelson You would
still be in PHL trying to get the teamsters.

How's the nightlife in Tijuana heard its pretty cheap

To all,
I would like to invite input, from anyone with connections to, or stationed in PHX, what the general opinion is regarding the upcoming DL 141 Officer election among the Fleet Service members at US. IMO... this station deserves to be duly recognized.
ograc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back