IAM has new contract at NK

not to mention not all of the ramp in all of DL mainline are even staffed by DL mainline rampers..

on the other hand   Spirit has daily flights out of BWI to CHS and LAS and I believe FLL   but in the eyes of WT its just not continuous I guess

if DL staffed its ramp the way NK staffed theirs, DL would have about 1500 rampers. Tops.

and they would all be in ATL.

and who works those flights in BWI, robbed?

the only lie is from those who can't admit that NK doesn't staff its outstations so the IAM got a win based on one hub and a severely underpaid workgroup to begin with.

No union has had trouble unionizing employees if the company underpays its workgroups like what NK has done.

I'm sure there are some people on Virginia Avenue that would be thrilled with an ATL-only ramp staff.

It's my opinion only, but I have to believe the continued staffing of large cities like RDU & CLT with DGS is part of a larger plan to see if doing so is sustainable on a larger scale.

no, there is no lie.

NK doesn't offer a large enough and constant enough schedule in the vast majority of the cities it serves so it can't hire its own workers in the vast majority of stations where it flies.

as for DL, Kev, DL still has its own rampers in more US cities than AA or UA and both of those carriers have whacked more stations than DL has so your argument only works if you choose to ignore the reality that actually exists this decade.

See once again, you didnt answer his questions nor mine, typical MO.

And AA/US have about the same or if not more ramp stations now due to the merger.

Reactions: 1 person
I answered the question. You just would prefer to argue instead.

NK's business model is built around outsourcing because they don't fly a stable or full schedule.

and you are flat out lying about the remaining stations that have AA employees compared to DL employees.

Even the TWU sales guy on here admits what AA has cut.

No you did not.

Third Seat Hero asked you several times for the factual proof to show that you didnt make it up (like you normally do)

And you havent answered any of these:

How many planes does DL have?

How many cities does DL fly too?

How many of those cities have DL Mainline ramp working those flights?

How many ramp stations did NW bring to the merger and how many did DL?

yes, I did answer the question and so have other people.

you just don't want to believe the truth so you argue.

The IAM organized the ramp group at an airline that already outsources the vast majority of its ramp work and a fraction of what ANY of the big 4 airlines would have for the saem number of planes

WorldTraveler said:
yes, I did answer the question and so have other people.

you just don't want to believe the truth so you argue.

The IAM organized the ramp group at an airline that already outsources the vast majority of its ramp work and a fraction of what ANY of the big 4 airlines would have for the saem number of planes

Well you still haven't provided a credible link to substantiate this claim ....

"...a company that can't even fly the same schedule for two weeks in a row..."

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
NK's business model is built around outsourcing because they don't fly a stable or full schedule.
NK's business model is built around making money.  Still waiting for a link on the "stable" schedule statement..

Reactions: 2 people
This is NK's current schedule for the month of June.

They have 10 cities that have more than an average of 10 flights PER DAY and yet NK hasn't managed to put is own people in those stations?

so, tell me how NK's vastly consistent schedule - in the eyes of the people here - have kept them from staffing their stations with their own personnel?

this is flights per month for NK's top stations.

NK FLL 1,427
NK ORD 990
NK DFW 875
NK LAS 840
NK IAH 621
NK DTW 612
NK DEN 390
NK LAX 390
NK MYR 389
NK MCO 377
NK ATL 369
NK ACY 330
NK LGA 330

Now tell me again how NK has won this when it can operate a dozen cities with more than 10 flights/day and contractors.

WorldTraveler said:

They have 10 cities that have more than an average of 10 flights PER DAY and yet NK hasn't managed to put is own people in those stations?

so, tell me how NK's vastly consistent schedule - in the eyes of the people here - have kept them from staffing their stations with their own personnel?

NK FLL 1,427
NK ORD 990
NK DFW 875
NK LAS 840
NK IAH 621
NK DTW 612
NK DEN 390
NK LAX 390
NK MYR 389
NK MCO 377
NK ATL 369
NK ACY 330
NK LGA 330

Now tell me again how NK has won this when it can operate a dozen cities with more than 10 flights/day and contractors.

Now tell me again - when are you going to post a credible link to back up your ridiculous claim that started this little sleigh ride

"...a company that can't even fly the same schedule for two weeks in a row..."

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:

NK FLL 1,427
NK ORD 990
NK DFW 875
NK LAS 840
NK IAH 621
NK DTW 612
NK DEN 390
NK LAX 390
NK MYR 389
NK MCO 377
NK ATL 369
NK ACY 330
NK LGA 330

And CLT and RDU are big stations for DL and they are outsourced.

Why are there vendors working along side of Mainline DL ramp at JFK, LGA and other stations?

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts