IAM has new contract at NK

And CLT and RDU are big stations for DL and they are outsourced.
Why are there vendors working along side of Mainline DL ramp at JFK, LGA and other stations?
speck, meet log.

NK outsources a higher percentage of their US stations than any other jet carrier but the IAM hails their accomplishment as a victory even while the IAM outsources more and more stations at UA and the TWU gives up stations at AA and where side by side mainline and other rampers are common.

unions have done absolutely nothing to protect jobs - which explains why they can't sell their wares to anyone that has even half of a brain and sees the pitiful track record.

260 rampers for a fleet of 70 aircraft is a victory only for the unions who get a few more union dues to help put gas in the corporate jet - but NK has already given the work away and it isn't coming back.

the lengths to which the union salesboys stoop to avoid admitting that reality is incredible indeed

"Spirit’s profit margin is currently running at 11.7%, just ahead of number two in profitability, Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE: ALK), with a profit margin of 11.3%. But Spirit’s return on assets is about 40% higher than Alaska’s, at 15.9% compared with 9.8%. On the basis of return on investment, Alaska posts a return of 20.2%, compared with 19.8% for Spirit.

Among the three remaining legacy carriers, profit margins are far below Spirit’s.

American Airlines Group Inc. (NASDAQ: AAL) performs best with a margin of 6.8%.

United Continental Holdings Inc. (NYSE: UAL) and Delta Air Lines Co. (NYSE: DAL) both post profit margins of just 2.9%."

WorldTraveler said:
the lengths to which the union salesboys stoop to avoid admitting that reality is incredible indeed

As opposed to the lengths you'll go to when yet another of your posts is exposed as a deliberate fallacy ....

"...a company that can't even fly the same schedule for two weeks in a row..."

Then, as if we all didn't know how ethically bankrupt you are already, you go on another thread and tried to LIE about your original post above ....

it's amazing that in one post Q can accurately note that few carriers don't offer consistent schedules - which is precisely what I said all along - but he can't admit that NK doesn't offer employment in more than one city to a significant number of ground employees except its largest hub.

As I said before -you clearly were NOT talking about carrier schedule consistencies across airlines - you were posting one of your sadly typical attempts at slighting the new union contract at NK.

You are once again exposed for the LIAR that you are.

Reactions: 5 people
there is no fallacy.

NK doesn't provide airport employment outside of its hubs despite almost a dozen cities having 10 or more flights/day and all are mainline.

what reason do YOU have for why NK got by with and the IAM hasn't succeeded in bringing any more of that work back in house?

NK underpaid its rampers and had very few of them. They now have a union but most of the work was already outsourced.

great victory.

lie about that reality and spin it as a victory if you want.

WorldTraveler said:
there is no fallacy.

NK doesn't provide airport employment outside of its hubs despite almost a dozen cities having 10 or more flights/day and all are mainline.

what reason do YOU have for why NK got by with and the IAM hasn't succeeded in bringing any more of that work back in house?

NK underpaid its rampers and had very few of them. They now have a union but most of the work was already outsourced.

great victory.

lie about that reality and spin it as a victory if you want.

Sorry - you don't get to dodge the subject by trying to deflect into an argument I wasn't making.

You started it all with this post - which you have yet to substantiate ...

And again, you go on another thread and tried to LIE about your original post above ....

it's amazing that in one post Q can accurately note that few carriers don't offer consistent schedules - which is precisely what I said all along - but he can't admit that NK doesn't offer employment in more than one city to a significant number of ground employees except its largest hub.

And again -you clearly were NOT talking about carrier schedule consistencies across airlines - you were posting one of your sadly typical attempts at slighting the new union contract at NK.

So why don't you follow your own advice and lie about that reality and spin it as a victory if you want. - it seems to be all you're good at.

Reactions: 3 people
meanwhile, you and every other person who has tried to argue otherwise can't show any of us that the IAM has or will protect any more work in any other station despite the fact that NK has a dozen stations with more than 10 flights/day.

Funny that you argue that it was ok for UA to have 300 employees in a station that had fewer seats than a dozen NK stations but you can't explain why NK got by with outsourcing that much work in all those cities or how any union is going to change that.

WorldTraveler said:
meanwhile, you and every other person who has tried to argue otherwise can't show any of us that the IAM has or will protect any more work in any other station despite the fact that NK has a dozen stations with more than 10 flights/day.

And again - I never was apart of this argument, and once again trying to drag me into it will not deflect from the fact that you still have not substantiated your original post on this thread...

Nor will it deflect the fact that you tried to LIE about your post above on a different thread with this post.

And again -you clearly were NOT talking about carrier schedule consistencies across airlines - you were posting one of your sadly typical attempts at slighting the new union contract at NK.

As for the rest of your post...

Funny that you argue that it was ok for UA to have 300 employees in a station that had fewer seats than a dozen NK stations but you can't explain why NK got by with outsourcing that much work in all those cities or how any union is going to change that.

First off, I'm not arguing about anything - I work for United Airlines - YOU DO NOT. 

Don't try to pass off your outsiders overly simplistic observation of our operations as anything more than the amateurish musing that it is.

As for NK - I've never worked their, and I doubt you have either. Anything I might offer if i chose to would be simple speculation - JUST LIKE YOU.

Reactions: 2 people
I never said that I worked for UA. and working either at UA or NK doesn't stop me or anyone else from noting the inconsistency in your logic.

It is humorish hearing you and others try to argue that it is ok to justify 300 staff to work a UA station that is being closed but NK can't staff with its own people a dozen stations that have that many or more seats.

WorldTraveler said:
I never said that I worked for UA. and working either at UA or NK doesn't stop me or anyone else from noting the inconsistency in your logic.

It is humorish hearing you and others try to argue that it is ok to justify 300 staff to work a UA station that is being closed but NK can't staff with its own people a dozen stations that have that many or more seats.

And its humorous to watch you in yet another pathetic attempt at a dodge.

When did I ever argue that  ..... "it is ok to justify 300 staff to work a UA station that is being closed but NK can't staff with its own people a dozen stations that have that many or more seats."

Nice Try

You can argue that schedule isn't a part of it but you and others here LOVE to argue semantics without ever being able to address the major issue - in this case that NK has already succeeded at outsourcing most of the work.

Since you can't or won't address that key issue, then just admit that a union can't make a difference at NK because NK already outsourced a huge portion of the work.

And why dont you wait till anyone sees the Scope language until there your pull crap out your rear end once again.

And NK had/has ramp in at least, FLL, ACY, DTW and MYR, not sure of what other stations.

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
You can argue that schedule isn't a part of it but you and others here LOVE to argue semantics without ever being able to address the major issue - in this case that NK has already succeeded at outsourcing most of the work.

Since you can't or won't address that key issue, then just admit that a union can't make a difference at NK because NK already outsourced a huge portion of the work.

ROTFLMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are so incredibly desperate to drag me into your argument you're coming unhinged.

Look at your 1st post in this thread - Look at my 1st post in this thread.

YOURS-

job security at a company that can't even fly the same schedule for two weeks in a row?

really?

MINE-

I too would like to see a credible link to substantiate this claim.

You have failed to substantiate your initial statement with any sort of credible link. Further, you have made repeated attempts ad nauseam to try and steer the thread away from your unsubstantiated claim, by insisting I'm taking this position or that in your supposed argument when I've done no such thing.

Asking for verification to your initial post isn't "semantics", nor is refusing to be drawn into an argument I never made, and now you've failed in yet another attempt at a pathetic dodge.

Well Done.

Reactions: 1 person