IAM Nominations and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations for winning LL1726 in BOS. I am sure Canale promised them something to get the vote his way. I just find your excitement so funny, you sound like Walter Mondale in the '80s. "Hey guys, we kicked ass in Minnesota!!!" Of course, he lost the other 49 states I believe. Heck, Canale couldn't even win his OWN local.

:ph34r:

Was Bos snowed in for 2 weeks ?

"FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY HAVEN'T ACCOMPLISHED"

The corporate stooges on this board want an us against us campaign.

As opposed to us against them.

They got what they wanted,

'If getting up there means stepping on you. I'll stay down here with this raggedly crew.'

Myself and Tim have had plenty of disagreements, especially over him wanting to get another union. But what he has done of late to bring solidarity on the property is incredible. Randy will be voted out like he should be and it couldn't be accomplished without Tim and another couple dozen guys working together. Don't know what Tim's up to but Tim's not running for office so whether you like him or hate him he's a non issue. If he was seeking my vote, I'd have a long talk with him, but he's not. Since he's finally putting his energies into fixing the IAM, I commend him.

Rich Delaney is a respectable man who I'm sure will do a fine job. All those who have worked with Rich respect him and know him as perhaps the brightest AGC in the district. A few of the good ones on Randy's team are on Rich's team and after I read about the Denver vote it was apparent that some on Randy's team are actually with Rich.
This doesn't surprise me since many with Randy hate him. I'd say Wallis is with Rich also. I've worked with just about everyone on Delaney's team and to a man they are solid labor men and have the experience necessary to get the job done.

As for District Force, I supported the live to fight another day while we were in bankruptcy but it is obvious that now is the time to fight before the billions starts changing hands on the backs of workers in the upcoming mergers.

I havent seen Tim post why he flip flopped on pushing a different Union and now he is big time behind the IAM? Very Confusing. I do not believe Mr. Delaney will live up to the real change that needs to occur within the DL. It seems Tim is just a moth for the lights and again im not trying to be a smart ass it just seems to be. The facts are, and correct me if I am wrong, Tim pushed against the IAM, was unanimously voted out as being a member by his local, never stepped foot in the Union hall for 5 years, now he is a big IAM supporter. Smells like Piss Clam. Tim what changes will Rich Delaney make to the DL Bylaws if he gets in? I want to see real change like you wanted in 2002 to the Bylaws. Are the AGC's going to reduce their pay? Will there be less locals needed to win nominations to be on the ballot? Will their be more accountability of the Pres and AGCs or is that now all out the window because you were promised something by the new direction slate? I hope you will be consistent this time because your record shows your not.

Again your posts seem to try to direct member aggression at the Union when we should be concentrating on mgt. I hope your not intentionally trying to get union members divided. That is the worst thing we could do at this point. A merger could happen at any moment. And you seem to be point out everything wrong with the IAM without facts. I just hope everyone realizes how important it is to have a union in this industry. Any person could post whatever they want to stir up angry members like myself. In the future could you please post towards what the new direction slate could possibly do different then the incumbents. Please give me one reason current DL 141 AGC Rich Delaney would be any different from Randy Canale.

Remember Rich was on your DL sh*t list six years ago and now your pushing for him. Plus again you pushed to get rid of the IAM now your wanting it as your union? Why the change in views? Just wondering. It seems everyone is sensitive on this site and bands people from expressing contrary views. I hope my questions are apropriate and professional and please let me know if they arent. I just want to know why the change of heart from Tim.

At this point I am not sure who to vote for in the upcoming election it seems in these turbulant times the devil I know is better than the devil I dont know.

Boston went for Canale? He is winning quite a few stations. This election is going to be interesting. I think the thing that will put Canale over the edge is getting this contract for US. Delaney is going to have his work cut out for him if that or a merger happens. I just think experience is more important for my job security in situations like that. Again please dont label me just because Im not on the bandwagon I just want facts and for Tim to explain why he is all over the board from his past views.

Thank you for reading

It looks like to me the membership is exercising their voting rights as dues-paying members in good standing.

Why do the district types hate that so much?

I mean - have you read your own by-laws lately? They call for nominations and voting and shhhhhh - membership participation!!! :shock:

Now, do y'all mean those bylaws or not?

Heres food for thought ......................You wonder why they raise the dues ???Cause Canale was willing to let 19 "west " stations be Contracted out.
I am tried of Canale comming asking me to give up something for nothing!!! I work in a class II station and make the $15.76 if the last t/a would have went thru i would not made the $19.00 till March 1st . and i have 24yrs with 3 weeks of Vac. H#LL the newbie comming off the street get 2 weeks starting off!!!!
I was in ATL i saw first hand how after the BKII contract was force down our throat everybody knew those 17 cities were going to be wacked within a yr.
So u see nothing changed with Canale he gave up on those 17 cities and it time to give up on him!!!!!
Rook

I could swear that you said you were on the NC w/ the iam before 2 yrs ago.....and the members were happy with how things were going? They was no grumblings about how they were treated by the company and the union? The members couldn't get enough of ALLEN HEMENWAY (nice spelling huh).....
Apparently you dont know how the RLA works do you?

The East CBAs (final offers) were ratified in 2005, they are not amendable (Section 6 Negotiations) until 2009.

No one is happy with the final offers, yet they were ratified so the membership has to live under it till a new CBA is negotiated starting in November of 2009.

When I said the IAM was certified 2 years ago, I meant for the west, M&R at US/East have been the bargianing agent since 1949 and for fleet since 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.