IAM Nominations and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Liberace

I've been waiting for the UA IAM Elections thread to change from 5 comments to 6 for 2 days now. They must not be too interested......eh?

Mr. Nelson

You need to be careful, you could be brought up on charges and risk losing your job. You have no idea how Randy is working to make sure your company stays afloat and if you keep pounding your chest and fleet service keeps voting out cost neutral contracts then what will you say to everyone when they lose their jobs because this airline couldn't transition and get the required financing to complete a merger? What leverage do you have if you force your company into bankruptcy? Your company is a low cost carrier that came out of bankruptcy with a business model that is based on cost neutral contracts. Now isn't the time to pound your chest. Maybe you should be at the negotiations table so you can see how your company negotiates.

We are all union men here but things in this industry are extremely fragile now. Live to fight another day. We are proud of this industry and once mergers happen, everyone's wages and benefits should stablize.

When Randy and the AGCs go to making LESS than $100,000 a year and go to the wages WE are making, they will not be nearly so fast at saying "Live to fight another day". We did that on the last contract. Now that we are making money, we ALL need to make money.

As for Tim's being at the negotiations table, I would welcome it. Because from what I have seen, the IAM walks into the negotiations like Oliver Twist walking to the server asking for "more please". If the International was watching this fiasco of a negotiations they would be ashamed to still use the term "Fighting Machinists", more like "Fainting Machinists". I wish the International would take control of this District, but since they will not WE must now take control!

Bring back the FIGHTING MACHINISTS!!!

:ph34r:

Maybe we could close this thread and start a new one.....

What a schock, ''shocker'' joins the board and BAM !!! already
a anti new direction post and ''District'' threatening jobs, good
union talk. I suggest you type ''The Constitution'' into your web
search and see what constitutes the 1st Ammendment.

I'm going to start a new thread and see if the mods' want to close this
one as it is getting rather long winded.

Solidarity:union arising from common responsiblites and interests as betwenn members of a group or between classes. So what was the lie vote vs wait? Is he negotiating for the west we voted our TA down. Please tell us what is this leverage that only you are aware of? You are marked as management because you are supporting them with all this nonsense. I'm sure Randy has said all those things to the company and I vote that you go in and negotiate a better contract for all of us.
While it would be an honor to negotiate on behalf of the masses, I find it unlikely, especially since Boss Canale sent word to hemenway not to recognize me as the Local Chairman of 1487 [without even having the balls to pick up the phone and call me up first]. His attempt was unsuccessful as the company is not the authority that decides who's the local chairman.

While in negotiations, I'd stand on the shoulders of the solidarity of the masses and not be swayed by Hemenway talking about cost neutral goofy contracts.

regards,

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

When you say everyone do you include your wife mother daughter sister and girlfriend? word does get around
You know, your starting to bore me, I've seen th pics from the last convention, do I need to post them.
I won't though. I do have some sympathy left.
Why don't you engage in some intelligent thought and tell us what your idea of a fair contract is.

The environmnet has changed, 8 qts of profit, airplane orders, management golden parachutes,
oil is hedged now, new vps hired monthly. When union leadership gives in without a fight, they should be voted out. We have several items the company wants. Why did al call cheap suites when our contract is up in 09?

I think your just mad because you see your future gen chairpersons job going down the tubes.
Alot of people new if he won he was going to pass the torch to you. Sometimes that's the breaks.

This is the first time a slate has been challenged. The perfect storm has hit in Ord and and your ship is taking on water. I'm sorry for you. If we could get along I would even ask you out.

This entire US AVIATION is no more than a HR Experience. Let's get to the real players. Email Elise Eberwein, Doug Parker, And the cronies. Forget this forum! They have the smell of company all over it!

BOS (LL 1726) kicks the "No Direction" @$$ at a margin of six (6) to one (1) !!!!
Thanks to all of you who drove MANY hours to keep and maintain
experienced representation on the US Airways property!!!

Mr. Nelson

You need to be careful, you could be brought up on charges and risk losing your job. You have no idea how Randy is working to make sure your company stays afloat and if you keep pounding your chest and fleet service keeps voting out cost neutral contracts then what will you say to everyone when they lose their jobs because this airline couldn't transition and get the required financing to complete a merger? What leverage do you have if you force your company into bankruptcy? Your company is a low cost carrier that came out of bankruptcy with a business model that is based on cost neutral contracts. Now isn't the time to pound your chest. Maybe you should be at the negotiations table so you can see how your company negotiates.

We are all union men here but things in this industry are extremely fragile now. Live to fight another day. We are proud of this industry and once mergers happen, everyone's wages and benefits should stablize.
This company is on the verge of acquiring United or Continental airlines according to rumors on the AP business newswire. Cost neutral? You gotta be shi##ing me? Hell, you got this company going into bankruptcy if fleet service just gets a few more bucks. Last I checked, this company had the second best balance sheet in the entire airline industry and made 1/2 billion in each of the last 2 years. Dougie even got a new big contract. What on earth are you talking about? Are you nuts? Your babble manifested itself in the TA that was just shot down. Grow some nuts and do us a favor and tell Al that he can shove any agreement he proposes next week that even gives the hint of the last goofy piss clam contract.
Al needs a contract with Labor. Bottom line.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Mr. Nelson

Hey brickhead,
Let me comment on you comments.

1. Why is Randy working hard to keep my company afloat. I pay union dues to be represented to
make sure I have a life. I want my union leader worrying about me, not the company.

2.Cost nuetral contracts, that's not what I'm paying union dues for.

3.We are not going to lose our jobs, 2 bk's and still working, besides with 3 bil in the bank it aint gonna happen.

4. We are not trying to force this company into bk.

5.That's exactly what we're tying to do Tom, get new people to the negotiating table.

6. wages stabilize, that's where we're at now, we want them to increase.

Wow, for a union leader you sure are weak. You take a pay cut, you try living on class two pay.
Maybe you should get ready to work with a new gen chairman, cause it's gonna happen.
Now go to bed ole man.

I just want to know if those campaigning for Canale (or bashing New Direction) that are IAM reps are doing this from the IAM office. That would, you know, be illegal, and charges could be filed. I am NOT making the accusation, but I have a feeling I know the answer.

Mr. Nelson

The sad thing about what you say is
that the membership you court reads
this post. They read about your positioning
on the company friendly cost neutral
bargaining. That is specifically why it has
taken 8 years of organizing Delta with
nothing to show. Bargaining from a positioning
of weakness has cost us dearly.

thanks

BOS (LL 1726) kicks the "No Direction" @$$ at a margin of six (6) to one (1) !!!!
Thanks to all of you who drove MANY hours to keep and maintain
experienced representation on the US Airways property!!!

Congratulations for winning LL1726 in BOS. I am sure Canale promised them something to get the vote his way. I just find your excitement so funny, you sound like Walter Mondale in the '80s. "Hey guys, we kicked ass in Minnesota!!!" Of course, he lost the other 49 states I believe. Heck, Canale couldn't even win his OWN local.

:ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.