IAM Nominations and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solidarity:union arising from common responsiblites and interests as betwenn members of a group or between classes. So what was the lie vote vs wait? Is he negotiating for the west we voted our TA down. Please tell us what is this leverage that only you are aware of? You are marked as management because you are supporting them with all this nonsense. I'm sure Randy has said all those things to the company and I vote that you go in and negotiate a better contract for all of us.

Huh?

When you tell Tim to lay of the "Hater-Juice", do you mean the Boonsfarm you seem to be drinking from the paperbag...

The next time you have a thought, please... let it go.

:ph34r:

Tim you are Management because you support them by running down your union as the committee chairman and don't support solidarity, and you still didn't answer what would you do?

I think that little guy on ur shoulder is right when he says " see I told you RC screwed it up "

I don't know of too many that would have thrown away leverage of sec-6 on a TA that still would be at the bottom of the industry in 4 years. Unless they

have similar goals and motivation as the company they are negotiating with!

Team RC is going down..................................

sonofsamsonite

View attachment 7169

I don't read these boards too much anymore as I've lost hope of ever getting my pay seniority back. I see that 141.org reports that the talks at the end of the month might bring closure to negotiations. Any info out there as to the accuracy of that statement and is there any hope in hell they'll get rid of the 60 day rule retroactive to the people that got screwed in '05.

Solidarity:union arising from common responsiblites and interests as betwenn members of a group or between classes. So what was the lie vote vs wait? Is he negotiating for the west we voted our TA down. Please tell us what is this leverage that only you are aware of? You are marked as management because you are supporting them with all this nonsense. I'm sure Randy has said all those things to the company and I vote that you go in and negotiate a better contract for all of us.

How about we go in and just read the proposal the company hands us and just walk out without saying a word.......let them call us......

"The concession stand is closed"

View attachment 7170

I don't read these boards too much anymore as I've lost hope of ever getting my pay seniority back. I see that 141.org reports that the talks at the end of the month might bring closure to negotiations. Any info out there as to the accuracy of that statement and is there any hope in hell they'll get rid of the 60 day rule retroactive to the people that got screwed in '05.

The company doesn't want them back. They cost too much. The union, it seems, is ok with it since their dues money is already in the bank. What the BOD doesn't realize is that this "SANDCASTLE" is the liability, not former or present employees.

sonofsamsonite

View attachment 7171

With Canale at the head of contract talks I would say your going to stay screwed.

To the mods: I don't take offence of Liberace calling me names so no big deal.

To answer your question KA...to be honest with you and not meaning to sound crude, I would have daffy duck negotiate for me over Randy Canale. Randy is the equivalent of my 8th grade math teacher that had alot of time in his job but really sucked at what he did.

At any rate, can you define the word experience for me and exactly how Randy has benefited the members?

FWIW: I have to go grill some burgers so don't think it rude if I don't post again for an hour.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago
Mr. Nelson

You need to be careful, you could be brought up on charges and risk losing your job. You have no idea how Randy is working to make sure your company stays afloat and if you keep pounding your chest and fleet service keeps voting out cost neutral contracts then what will you say to everyone when they lose their jobs because this airline couldn't transition and get the required financing to complete a merger? What leverage do you have if you force your company into bankruptcy? Your company is a low cost carrier that came out of bankruptcy with a business model that is based on cost neutral contracts. Now isn't the time to pound your chest. Maybe you should be at the negotiations table so you can see how your company negotiates.

We are all union men here but things in this industry are extremely fragile now. Live to fight another day. We are proud of this industry and once mergers happen, everyone's wages and benefits should stablize.

I think that little guy on ur shoulder is right when he says " see I told you RC screwed it up "

I don't know of too many that would have thrown away leverage of sec-6 on a TA that still would be at the bottom of the industry in 4 years. Unless they

have similar goals and motivation as the company they are negotiating with!

Team RC is going down..................................

sonofsamsonite

View attachment 7169

I have met with Tim Nelson and am very concerned with his motives in this IAM election. In the past he pushed that the IAM needed to change bylaws in favor of making leaders more accountable. Now he is pushing for a DL 141 AGC to be president who more than likely keep things status quo for union members. I havent seen anything from Mr. Delaney stating he would change bylaws for more accountabilty or say he would reduce AGC pay. Isn't that what you wanted before? I highly doubt Rich Delaney would change bylaws to have more accountability. Plus Tim pushed for a different union I think it was called allied ground workers. I guess he's abandoned that plan. Whats the deal Tim. You flip flop consistently. What position have you been promised to now get back on board as a DL 141 advocate?
Just wondering. I'm not going on the attack its just that each time I see you and talk with you, you have a different position. Im not sure if your sincere with this election. It seems your now trying to harness ignorance and anger with should be directed towards the company at the union. You don't work for the company now do you? I mean you could be on here stating misinformation to break the union apart.

We are all union men here but things in this industry are extremely fragile now. Live to fight another day. We are proud of this industry and once mergers happen, everyone's wages and benefits should stablize.

Spoken like a present weak postioned AGC "live to fight another day" For crying out loud by the time you fight another day something else will come up and you will delay again stall and do what ever not to disrupt your cushy sit at home do nothing union job. Enough already are you so weak as a leader that you have no spine? This kind of response is why I will fight for change and the slate of the
New Direction is going to bring that to us.

And I love the line where everyone's wages will stabilize what a "F"N joke statement that is I have over 25 yrs and have been thru the most turbulent years most of it under the leadership of Canale and I'm working at 1987 wages. I might add my union dues has skyrocketed during all this time under Canale Regime.

Please for goodness sake please start the 12 step program I think you might have an addiction to bad union leadership

Mr. Nelson

You have no idea how Randy is working to make sure your company stays afloat and if you keep pounding your chest and fleet service keeps voting out cost neutral contracts then what will you say to everyone when they lose their jobs because this airline couldn't transition and get the required financing to complete a merger? What leverage do you have if you force your company into bankruptcy? Your company is a low cost carrier that came out of bankruptcy with a business model that is based on cost neutral contracts. Now isn't the time to pound your chest. Maybe you should be at the negotiations table so you can see how your company negotiates.

"You have no idea how Randy is working to make sure your company stays afloat "
"what will you say to everyone when they lose their jobs because this airline couldn't transition and get the required financing to complete a merger?"

You gotta be Sh.t'n me. Our company stay afloat?..This company made millions the last 2 yrs. and offered to buy DL for 10 Billion with financing.

"Maybe you should be at the negotiations table so you can see how your company negotiates."

Why don't you just tell us and break the news...! I have a feeling of how they negotiate. They have left their marks on the backs of alot of their employees.

And don't give me the old " then find another job routine".

How do you Equate Bonuses and New contracts for the Top Management of this company with another bankruptcy. If fleet doesn't let the company

negotiators walk all over them then we'll all go down? BS
View attachment 7172

The concession stand is closed. With my vote anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have met with Tim Nelson and am very concerned with his motives in this IAM election. In the past he pushed that the IAM needed to change bylaws in favor of making leaders more accountable. Now he is pushing for a DL 141 AGC to be president who more than likely keep things status quo for union members. I havent seen anything from Mr. Delaney stating he would change bylaws for more accountabilty or say he would reduce AGC pay. Isn't that what you wanted before? I highly doubt Rich Delaney would change bylaws to have more accountability. Plus Tim pushed for a different union I think it was called allied ground workers. I guess he's abandoned that plan. Whats the deal Tim. You flip flop consistently. What position have you been promised to now get back on board as a DL 141 advocate?
Just wondering. I'm not going on the attack its just that each time I see you and talk with you, you have a different position. Im not sure if your sincere with this election. It seems your now trying to harness ignorance and anger with should be directed towards the company at the union. You don't work for the company now do you? I mean you could be on here stating misinformation to break the union apart.
Myself and Tim have had plenty of disagreements, especially over him wanting to get another union. But what he has done of late to bring solidarity on the property is incredible. Randy will be voted out like he should be and it couldn't be accomplished without Tim and another couple dozen guys working together. Don't know what Tim's up to but Tim's not running for office so whether you like him or hate him he's a non issue. If he was seeking my vote, I'd have a long talk with him, but he's not. Since he's finally putting his energies into fixing the IAM, I commend him.

Rich Delaney is a respectable man who I'm sure will do a fine job. All those who have worked with Rich respect him and know him as perhaps the brightest AGC in the district. A few of the good ones on Randy's team are on Rich's team and after I read about the Denver vote it was apparent that some on Randy's team are actually with Rich.
This doesn't surprise me since many with Randy hate him. I'd say Wallis is with Rich also. I've worked with just about everyone on Delaney's team and to a man they are solid labor men and have the experience necessary to get the job done.

As for District Force, I supported the live to fight another day while we were in bankruptcy but it is obvious that now is the time to fight before the billions starts changing hands on the backs of workers in the upcoming mergers.

Status
Not open for further replies.