IAM Nominations and Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to thank everyone who showed up to cast a vote in Chicgao tonight.
Our voice may have been ignored but a vote is a silent scream. The idea of
making a change is becoming more a reality with each passing day. I can only
hope the cities that decided on giving Canale another nomination will be open
to at least the discussion for change. When the vote arrives we need to make a
statement to this company that this work group will be heard and that they
need to listen and negotiate in good faith. The days of a union slate that leans
more to the company side may be ending and the days of a slate speaking for
the membership may be at hand.

To all other cities, VOTE....either way, but don't let others decide your fate. IMO
we need a change and have needed one for some time.

Thanks

tim,
is canale wanting to protest this vote too. any word on the west coast or den
I didn't hear of any protest. I thought things were handled in a professional manner between the Canale team and Delaney team. But who knows what Canale will do. There were a few clarifications but I think the ORD members on each ticket handled things very professional.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

To all other cities, VOTE....either way, but don't let others decide your fate. IMO
we need a change and have needed one for some time.

You are so correct. There are a lot of cities in the west that are in their "infancy" with unionism. Alot of us don't know who is who and what is what,

but this company has shown us the way. Their lack of respect for us is showing that solidarity is the only way. If you don"t vote than " Don't complain ". If

ur not complaining because you think this company has treated you fairly than you are in for a big surprise when they " Drop Anchor "

sonofsamsonite

You are so correct. There are a lot of cities in the west that are in their "infancy" with unionism. Alot of us don't know who is who and what is what,

but this company has shown us the way. Their lack of respect for us is showing that solidarity is the only way. If you don"t vote than " Don't complain ". If

ur not complaining because you think this company has treating you fairly than you are in for a big surprise when they " Drop Anchor "

sonofsamsonite
We know who is who - and what is what....

Alright boys and girls,
It may not be official but its pretty d*mn close. UA has OUR back as we have there's . that is a mountain

that alot of us have thought would never be able to climb. SO now for the grand slam. CLT it's time once again to get off our

ARSE's and get out there for nomination's on Feb 14. 12 noon.. OUR local boys are getting support system wide and cross

airline ties it's time for CLT to rise to the occasion and return some favors..

and to Tim and all others that are behind the scenes that put this ticket together . a heartfelt thanks.

You have restored hope in the little guy out there that still no matter what Canale wants to neg away from us..

CAN'T take away YOUR VOTE..

well said ori-hole man!!!

It's glad to see all your campaigning is paying off. Their only counter to all of this is that you guys are newbies. They offer nothing but SLANDER, yet you guys have already taken steps to improve thigns... IE, New union altogether. What's the alternative? We keep cornholio in power and he sells us out?

No thanks, I think I'll give you guys some OJT time, as it will pay off in the long run.

DISTRICT 141 NOMINATIONS................................HISTORY IN THE MAKING

Well it seems to be coming together, not only are the US fleet workers fed up, but
the UA guy's are as well.

" cheap suits" didn't carry UA's bigest fleet local, but was crushed. This sends a clear message.
No more corruption at the district level. From what I've been told PF is getting very
uptight and also the belly warmer is in disbelief, so close to haveing the chairmanship handed to her.
( word get's around)

Word in the district is; collateral damage will take alot of agc's and district officers down. Don't worry though, when your back with the working people, you'll understand the misrepresentation that
you have caused.

All of you are a part of history, this feat has never been accomplished before!

Can anyone on the west side dispel the rumors out of SFO. I heard "Cheap Suits" is getting so beaten up in every significant local that there were more retirees at the SFO meeting than active members. I was told that he sent all the retirees notice that If they didn't vote for him their pension would be gone.
"Cheap Suits" should be em"bare-assed". Pulling out all stops and losing by 1 vote shows us what kind of battle it really is for the little guy trying to the right thing against a big machine. The New Direction team took a bloody nose in SFO and are still standing proud, but from what I read, the beating delivered by ORD, PHL, DEN, "PHX", has "Cheap Suits" on the ground with his eyes rolling.
Another rumor is that Brickner and Roach showed up in DEN and actually asked for a re-count. I thought that the International was supposed to take a neutral position in this democratic election system. We have to keep this in mind. The Union should be concerned about what the "membership" wants and how it should serve those members. STAY OUT OF OUR ELECTIONS!
If anyone went to DEN or SFO please post so the truth be known!

Can anyone on the west side dispel the rumors out of SFO. I heard "Cheap Suits" is getting so beaten up in every significant local that there were more retirees at the SFO meeting than active members. I was told that he sent all the retirees notice that If they didn't vote for him their pension would be gone.
"Cheap Suits" should be em"bare-assed". Pulling out all stops and losing by 1 vote shows us what kind of battle it really is for the little guy trying to the right thing against a big machine. The New Direction team took a bloody nose in SFO and are still standing proud, but from what I read, the beating delivered by ORD, PHL, DEN, "PHX", has "Cheap Suits" on the ground with his eyes rolling.
Another rumor is that Brickner and Roach showed up in DEN and actually asked for a re-count. I thought that the International was supposed to take a neutral position in this democratic election system. We have to keep this in mind. The Union should be concerned about what the "membership" wants and how it should serve those members. STAY OUT OF OUR ELECTIONS!
If anyone went to DEN or SFO please post so the truth be known!
SFO was a split decision. We wanted to do our best to cancel SFO out and we feel we accomplished that by getting one person on our ticket the nomination and losing on the other SFO nominations by only a couple votes. I beleive your info on Canale is correct but I can't blame him for campaigning hard and sending just about everyone to SFO.

Brickner and Roach were in PHX. There was a recount but dunno who requested it.

I'm putting a chart together showing how many members are represented in our total nominations cities. We control UA's biggest Locals almost entirely with over 85% support of 8,000 members in DEN and ORD. We also dominate PHL with over 90% support of 2,000 more workers. We have PHX, feel good about LAS today, and feel good about CLT next week. We want the 'grand slam' on US AIRWAYS [PHX, LAS, PHL, CLT] and we targeted the two biggest at UA in ORD and DEN, minimized SFO and are still hopeful of HNL. Either way, the NEW DIRECTION TEAM is the current frontrunner and our strategy is paying off more than anticipated.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Thanks for being up front and honest about the good and the bad, but if "Cheap Suits" tries that c##p here its gonna get ugly!
LAS, our thoughts are with you today!!!! Show up and represent!

DISTRICT 141 NOMINATIONS..................................HISTORY IN THE MAKING

It appears " cheap suites" and crew are realizing the "pain" of the misrepresented workers.
Cries from the 141 board room, "if only we had done our jobs", echoes throughout the district
offices. Agc's are asking for advice on what to do when thier paycut comes in Oct.

All big locals are smashing the "cheap suite" slate as we speak. On Feb 14th ( valentines day),
CLT will send cheap suites thier love. Hopefully, the district officials who are up for re-election
in two years will learn from this.

It is all too important for the smaller locals to express thier discontent with district also.
Support the new direction team. Solidarity across the system, airline to airline is a must.

As you have noticed, canale supporters have been very quite on this board the last couple of days.
They must be trying to dig up trash files on the new slate members, but don't worry, thier closets are
full of bones too.

( word gets around ) :up:

Just read the 141 web page, looks like negotiations are on for the end of the month.
What's interesting is the second paragraph, not sure what to make of it.
" cheap suites " beating
by Delaney may be forcing canale to make a move to preserve
the belly warmer's future position with the district ( word gets around).

The wording leads me to believe either a deal is already cut or negotiations will be called off
and the west brothers transitioned into the east contract as is.

I heard pf is reserving a rubber room, doesn't want to return to the phl ramp. Frankie O will
help him out...............out of office that is.

Just read the 141 web page, looks like negotiations are on for the end of the month.
What's interesting is the second paragraph, not sure what to make of it.
" cheap suites " beating
by Delaney may be forcing canale to make a move to preserve
the belly warmer's future position with the district ( word gets around).

The wording leads me to believe either a deal is already cut or negotiations will be called off
and the west brothers transitioned into the east contract as is.

I heard pf is reserving a rubber room, doesn't want to return to the phl ramp. Frankie O will
help him out...............out of office that is.

should have some numbers soon.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back