IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point being that having a Union can NOT protect you.
I'm curious as to why an outsider who is NOT a Delta F/A is
so interested in having us Unionized.  Can it be $$$$$    Also 
I see my earlier question hasn't been answered.   If I have to pay a 
Union (dues) will I get a signed contract from THEM stating what they 
will and won't do?

Because I am a trade unionist.

Ask 737 why he is here, he is allegedly a JP Morgan Securities employee.

Thanks, you are one of many reasons why many non union people say
that we don't want a third party representing us.  Contrary to what many
say it is a third party.  Many outsiders in our business.
Right now I enjoy:
No union dues. 
No threat of being fired for refusing to pay dues
No possibility of a union-called strike
No risk of having a union ignore your concerns
No risk of having a union put you on trial for violating its rules
No possibility of a union trial board fining you money
No union bosses spending your money on political causes or candidates you may not support
No possibility of a union negotiating things you have for things it wants
No union telling you that you cannot speak for yourself
No union having the ability to refuse to process your issues, complaints or grievances

This is from airliners.net, this poster also posts here, but here is a better explanation of that is going on:

There is no simple way but here goes . Continental and UA FA 's are operating under 2 separate contracts . AFA has been trying to negotiate a combined contract with the company for the past 2 yrs ( I may be wrong . Prob a little shorter than that ) . Both AFA and UA management have not been able to agree on much . They only closed on like 5 sections .In any case . You have two separate contracts so two separate groups . The CO side is receiving new airplanes .787/737 that was already ordered by CO before the merger . Since they are still on two separate contracts only CO FA 's can fly on CO metal and UA FA on their metal . The deliveries are on the CO certificate so therefore they are CO metal. More airplanes and new routes on the CO means more FA for the CO side . It would be silly to hire people off the street when there are tons of FA 's on the UA side right ? One would think so . So in order to prevent any furloughs . The company decided to offer a crossover program . Where as A FA from the UA side was offered a position at the CO side . They would go below any CO FA but keep Their pay at their seniority . AFA counter proposed to the company that they would accept the crossover only if there was a No furlough clause in it . The company denied AFA's request because what if only 5 people took the crossover ? You would certainly have had to furlough some FA 's . AFA's demands simply didn't make any sense . Therefore they are where they are at today . If Afa would've agreed with the companies offer they would've have had some furloughs but not as many as they are experiencing right now . In fact , I believe that more people would have taken the voluntary furlough and there would've been no need for involuntary furloughs .

Based on the seniority of the senior bidders, not all Voluntary Furloughs or Partnerships were awarded.  We encouraged the company to award all Voluntary Furlough and Partnership bids on file, but they declined to do so.  As a result, there is a deficit in the numbers needed to attain the reduction in force desired by the company.

And these union members pay to be a part of all this drama?
no thanks  I got to tell you, Delta f/a's didn't have this drama when
combining with NW.  Wonder why.

BTW I would like to add that we have F/A initial training classes that started 10 days ago.  First of many.  over 1,000 and
possibly more.

Maybe dl fas didnt at the time but behind backs theres likely a nbr of them that wished they were still union but given atl largest airline its basically a no brainer they would trump at no union vs nwa msp dtw etc as ive said it before dl is the walmart of the skies

700UW said:
This is from airliners.net, this poster also posts here, but here is a better explanation of that is going on:

I thought unions prevented furloughs? If not, why would an employee pay money to a union? A union, after all, is about job security....right?

robbedagain said:
Maybe dl fas didnt at the time but behind backs theres likely a nbr of them that wished they were still union but given atl largest airline its basically a no brainer they would trump at no union vs nwa msp dtw etc as ive said it before dl is the walmart of the skies
I take it DL is the Walmart of the skies, simply because of no union representation?

I hope there is another vote, maybe you peeps will get what you want and life will be Unicorns and Rainbows or maybe you won't and whoever is forcing you to stay at a company, with no union representation, will allow you to look elsewhere for employment!

southwind said:
I take it DL is the Walmart of the skies, simply because of no union representation?

I hope there is another vote, maybe you peeps will get what you want and life will be Unicorns and Rainbows or maybe you won't and whoever is forcing you to stay at a company, with no union representation, will allow you to look elsewhere for employment!

Have you been nominated yet for douchiest person alive? If not, allow me

southwind said:

DL arguably has a superior onboard product and service to most other US carriers in many markets they serve. But if you're saying because they're unorganized why just say Wal-Mart? Last I checked most retailers are unorganized. Spirit or USAIR are the Wal-mart of the sky, not delta. And the IAM is the union that has brought on the Wal-Martization of airline careers through agreements like at AS, HA, UA that allow unlimited part-time, unlimited split shifts, ready reserve, UA even has a clause that allows IAM members to match the cost structure of Air Serve or Swissport (IAM representates there) or Air Willy.

Josh

robbedagain said:
Isn't Walmart profitable?  Very profitable?  What's wrong with that?

I really don't like to get into name calling, but if DL is Walmart, then US is gotta be the Salvation Army Thrift Store of the skies.

DL is the best run airline in the US and certainly at the top of the list in the world. DL's profitability and market cap prove that.

Whether it comes down to seeing opportunities to grow in key industry markets or that there will be a pilot shortage that will most impact regional airlines, DL has adapted to the changing business environment faster and better than its peers.

DL's employees know full well that DL's success depends on a strong mgmt. - employee relationship and DL ensures that DL employees financially benefit far better than any of their peers. No other airline is coming anywhere close to providing profit sharing roughly equal to an extra month's salary.

DL employees are smart enough to know they aren't going to mess with the winning formula they have.

Meanwhile, unionized airline employee ranks at other airlines will continue to shrink due to layoffs and increased outsourcing.

Frugal theres nothing wrong w dl being profitable but when it comes to labor dl like walmart will put out all the stops to prevent unions from coming on property I look at atl as being the main driving force

wt while dl may be one of the most profitable outfits in the airline look at wn for ex once fl is done being absorbed i do think wn will still be just as profitable as wn and I do think the new aa will also be just as profitable but only time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back