IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one really knows the effect on ACS hiring long-term by having DL operate a higher percentage of mainline flying than its peer network airlines.

Remember, UA just sent layoff or status reduction notices to many of its fleet service employees and has substantially reduced job protections than what DL currently offers.

It still doesn't change that the addition of 717s and the reduction of RJ flying - which DL is doing more than any other airline - will provide more jobs for DL employees, including FAs.

SO, 700, is it ok in your mind for B6 employees to sign individual employment contracts with the company instead of having a negotiated union contract?

700UW said:
Its in response to Josh.

And B6's pilots might not be unionized but they pilots work on renewable employment contracts.
In response to what? You dumped union updates and press releases, some nearly three years old. Organized airline employees earn less today in real terms than decades earlier, and in some cases less in nominal terms too. What's your point? Guess you can't get over that sole DL employees are happy and content without a union? And btw I flew DTW-MIA last month and entire crew was No Way IAM tags and pins and several were PM-NW. So yes even staunch unionistas are seeing the light of day. Signing an IAM card only guarantees you will full their coffers with dues and allow the Buffys, Roachs, and Sitos to enjoy a posh lifestyle with your dues not so much for the membership. Again how are contract negotiations going at Conmutair? IAM organized and in SIX years no CBA.

Josh

Kev3188 said:
They are? All of them? All the numbers you & I get reflect TOS employees. How 'bout those at the bottom or on lower tiers? How do they stack up comparatively? There's a lot of your colleagues who claim otherwise. Don;t forget to include increases in employee borne costs and/or decreases in paid time off...

I'll trust your math, and that in YOUR case it shows you've finally past the "restoration" threshold, and are back to increases. OTOH, it looks like only 3% over the last 9 years. That's nothing to write home about. I also assume you're topped out. I wonder how the back of the envelope math of a, say, 4-5 year employee might look? How 'bout someone who flies only (or mainly) domestic?

Just so I'm clear; you poke fun at what you perceive as "hope" from organized labor, yet will bank on the same idea as long as it comes from your employer? Is that correct?
The statement was made that I was making less now than 8 years ago.  And I responded.  I can only
speak for my experience.

3% really?  You and others conveniently leave out Shared rewards and Profit sharing. 

And yes, My employer has a history of increases, and good faith. Based on MY experience over the last 25+ years. and combined with the history of the last 80 years  for Flight Attendants.  No reason to believe otherwise.  More than I can say for the IAM. 
Also, I choose to FLY just enough hours to keep medical.  540 a year.   

BABABOOY said:
3% really?  You and others conveniently leave out Shared rewards and Profit sharing.
Yes, really.

It was you who posted an example that specifically excluded both of those. People are simply responding to the data you've supplied.

Do you not remember writing this?

BABABOOY said:
BTW this DOESN"T include Profit sharing and Shared Rewards received over the last several years as noted in my earlier post.

Nov 2001   3.07% increase
Nov 2002   4.95
Nov 2003  10.14
Jul  2004     2.08
Nov 2004      .27
Jan 2005  -10.01 decrease 
Nov 2005  -11.22 decrease
jun 2006     0.00
Jul 2007      4.00
jul  2008     3.00
jan 2009     3.00
Oct 2010    5.00
July 2012   4.00
May 2013   5.00

WorldTraveler said:
no one really knows the effect on ACS hiring long-term...
Nor do we need to in the context of this tangent. You made a statement that the intro of the 717 would drive hiring at M/L "across the company." I am telling you that does not necessarily include ACS in many places. Rather, the same crew (and same number) that is working a CR9 or E75 today will likely be working the 717 as they take over various segments. Stations aren't going to magically add X amount of rampers or agents simply from an upgauge in equipment from large RJ to NB. DL doesn't model their staffing that way.

Kev3188 said:
Nor do we need to in the context of this tangent. You made a statement that the intro of the 717 would drive hiring at M/L "across the company." I am telling you that does not necessarily include ACS in many places. Rather, the same crew (and same number) that is working a CR9 or E75 today will likely be working the 717 as they take over various segments. Stations aren't going to magically add X amount of rampers or agents simply from an upgauge in equipment from large RJ to NB. DL doesn't model their staffing that way.
Do you not see it is a good thing to draw down DCI capacity and replace it with in house Delta jets flying? Don't they have separate contacted personnel handling DCI at hubs and certain stations?

Josh

Kev3188 said:
Didja miss the part where I specifically noted the lowering/offsetting of fixed costs?
While I understand and respect your desire to have contractual scope protection, do you not agree that having more M/L is desirable for DL employees and indirectly provides greater job security?

Josh

My response above got lost.

DL's mainline growth and RJ replacement strategy is resulting in more mainline jobs to multiple groups.

If the same number of rampers can work an Ejet as a 717 then efficiency increases for DL. If that doesn't mean more ramp jobs it does mean more profit sharing.

there will be a pilot shortage which will hurt small RJ operators most. DL will be least exposed.

Wt what are the odds that a crew of 3 or 4 working a dl e 175 then run over work a 717 be if say one of the 2 breaks down or needs mtr etc and it happens I see kev side whereas the acs may not increase just bec the addtion of the 717

ATL Today:

1510362_10202419883032060_566874912_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back