IBT No Show Forum

What about on the swa side?

I can only speak for my station (Dallas). I am very positive that it will pass Dal. All along I have said this one will be close. Can't get much closer than the last one, I was told the last one fell within 3% on either side. I too would like to get pass this and move on to sec 6 nego. Lets all remember our dispatchers group just got huge raises with their new contract, and this was with a mediator involved. SWA can no longer say that we cannot use UPS as comparisome. Guys at all stations keep harping on the old timers to get them to vote. I've gotten 3 high timers here to vote, matter fact, I had to do one of them myself for him, to show him how to do it. This was his first time voting electronically. This time it does effect the high timers with 401K and Denver maint throw into the pile.

And your on our union committee

Yea, sure, I'm on the union committee. What the hell are you talking about? I am not on any committe within the union. Where did you get this idea. God I love it when people never have the facts. BTW: What is your point??

2 weeks left guys. Get those votes in. I hope to get better than the last turn out.

2 weeks left guys. Get those votes in. I hope to get better than the last turn out.

Per the AT chief steward, AT mechs have retuned 322 ballots out of 386 eligible voters. This vote could come down to the wire, like swamt said, get your ballots in.

Per the AT chief steward, AT mechs have retuned 322 ballots out of 386 eligible voters. This vote could come down to the wire, like swamt said, get your ballots in.

Nice! Almost 84% with 2 weeks to go.
Didn't you guys have somewhere around the 90% range on the last vote? I could be wrong.
Send those ballots in guys.

This is a little off subject, but something to think about in the near future. Once this is ratified, we could use some of you AT guys on our contract committee. We are right into "early sec 6" nego after this gets ratified. There are some items in your contract that we could use.

Lol and your not on the cool aid Committee. Be patient and arbitration will be right around the corner.
IMO, Arbitration is the last thing you want, either side. Take the four years and get back to your toolbox.
If you take this to the Courts, it will drag out far longer than anyone wants, well, maybe except you and a few others.
When the other groups are agreeing or getting a 2.5 to 4 year bump, do you really think someone is going to give you more?
Let me guess, you would like six to eight? Heck, why not shoot for 12 years since you can't change a tire any faster than someone else of equal craft, but you must be worthy cuz yer making the larger Dollar already!

IMO, Arbitration is the last thing you want, either side. Take the four years and get back to your toolbox.
If you take this to the Courts, it will drag out far longer than anyone wants, well, maybe except you and a few others.
When the other groups are agreeing or getting a 2.5 to 4 year bump, do you really think someone is going to give you more?
Let me guess, you would like six to eight? Heck, why not shoot for 12 years since you can't change a tire any faster than someone else of equal craft, but you must be worthy cuz yer making the larger Dollar already!

What he does not understand is there is a pecking order, if you will, in the aviation industry. Pilots are highest paid, F/A's and mechanics fall either 2nd or third depending on the airline. Let's say the the mechs at SWA fall between the pilots and F/A's. With this in mind an arbitrator may very well deside to put us where we are, right in the middle of the pilots and F/A's. Pilots recieved an average of 3 years enhancement, the F/A's recieved 2.5 years enhancement. If the arbitrator was to put the mechs in the middle, it would be 2.75 yrs enhancement. This guy does think he can get 6-8 yrs enhancement out of a 3 party arbitration panel. Not going to happen. We have been trying to tell this individual take the offer and move on. The ONLY reason the AT guys will vote this in is because they do not want to wait the 5-10 years to get on the pay scale that AMFA/SWA mechs currently enjoy. The largest enhancement so far is 4 yrs (dispatchers) by an arbitrator. The F/A's nego a 2.5 yr enhancement and the rampers arbitrated a 2.5 yr enhancement. I honestly believe an arbitration panel (which will have aviation ties and knowledge) will put us in our pecking order and would grant us 2.75 or maybe up to 3.0 yrs, but don't think we could get the 4 yrs that are now on the table to be voted on. Yes, I know about the LOA, however, that LOA could very well go away with a lawsuit, but it would take up to 10 years to iron all this out if it went to arbitration, just look at US and AW, they are still seperate contracts at well over 7 years.
Q; Thanks for your input, but this guy is on a big vote no campaign all by himself out here. Most of us are more than likely voting this in. AT we believe (from what we are hearing) will vote this in. However, if this does goto arbitration then so be it, we (at SWA) can pretty much count on an enhancement. If this does go to arbitration, I have already been told that AMFA will not ask for anything more that the 4 yrs anyway. If any arbitration panel saw that AMFA was moving into arbitration with higher exspectations than what they were willing to accept would look extremely suspicious. If we went in asking for 6-8, we would more than likely get it shoved you know where. If you ask me we are fortunate to have an enhancement, if we get it. History has shown that the majority of mechanics groups are always given DOH, not all, but the majority. Past history proves this...\
Once again good luck to all of us, and I don't care how you vote just vote...

What he does not understand is there is a pecking order, if you will, in the aviation industry. Pilots are highest paid, F/A's and mechanics fall either 2nd or third depending on the airline. Let's say the the mechs at SWA fall between the pilots and F/A's. With this in mind an arbitrator may very well deside to put us where we are, right in the middle of the pilots and F/A's. Pilots recieved an average of 3 years enhancement, the F/A's recieved 2.5 years enhancement. If the arbitrator was to put the mechs in the middle, it would be 2.75 yrs enhancement. This guy does think he can get 6-8 yrs enhancement out of a 3 party arbitration panel. Not going to happen. We have been trying to tell this individual take the offer and move on. The ONLY reason the AT guys will vote this in is because they do not want to wait the 5-10 years to get on the pay scale that AMFA/SWA mechs currently enjoy. The largest enhancement so far is 4 yrs (dispatchers) by an arbitrator. The F/A's nego a 2.5 yr enhancement and the rampers arbitrated a 2.5 yr enhancement. I honestly believe an arbitration panel (which will have aviation ties and knowledge) will put us in our pecking order and would grant us 2.75 or maybe up to 3.0 yrs, but don't think we could get the 4 yrs that are now on the table to be voted on. Yes, I know about the LOA, however, that LOA could very well go away with a lawsuit, but it would take up to 10 years to iron all this out if it went to arbitration, just look at US and AW, they are still seperate contracts at well over 7 years.
Q; Thanks for your input, but this guy is on a big vote no campaign all by himself out here. Most of us are more than likely voting this in. AT we believe (from what we are hearing) will vote this in. However, if this does goto arbitration then so be it, we (at SWA) can pretty much count on an enhancement. If this does go to arbitration, I have already been told that AMFA will not ask for anything more that the 4 yrs anyway. If any arbitration panel saw that AMFA was moving into arbitration with higher exspectations than what they were willing to accept would look extremely suspicious. If we went in asking for 6-8, we would more than likely get it shoved you know where. If you ask me we are fortunate to have an enhancement, if we get it. History has shown that the majority of mechanics groups are always given DOH, not all, but the majority. Past history proves this...\
Once again good luck to all of us, and I don't care how you vote just vote...
nothing cooler than an arm chair lawyer!! I voted and NO is the word of the month!! arbitration .... bring it on, i got nothing to lose. Plus i want front row seats to watch the lawyers earn my money. come on boys ... lets watch the show and maybe history ...

nothing cooler than an arm chair lawyer!! I voted and NO is the word of the month!! arbitration .... bring it on, i got nothing to lose. Plus i want front row seats to watch the lawyers earn my money. come on boys ... lets watch the show and maybe history ...

Any info on why you voted no? Besides, "I got nothing to lose."
Just wondering how others are viewing this agreement.
Thanx for voting...

Back