If Us Airways Goes ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
coolflyingfool said:
Liveinahotel said, "JB will not be able to just buy US's A320 and A319 a/c and change them in a couple of weeks. JB doesn't have the manpower to do it and they don't have the funds to buy them."

I am not saying that they will buy all of them or even most. I am saying B6 could pick up the leases on say 15 to 20 of them and bring them in over a 3 month period. There are plenty of outside vendors and Airbus that will help with the conversions. Just my thoughts.........
[post="169990"][/post]​

Hey, you could probably offer the USAir guys jobs flying their own airplanes on the EMB scale, too.

After all, you got yours, they should just be grateful for a job...

Fubijaakr said:
Hey, you could probably offer the USAir guys jobs flying their own airplanes on the EMB scale, too.

After all, you got yours, they should just be grateful for a job...
[post="172169"][/post]​

You sound like some young inexperienced kid who may be so young that he as never heard the phrase "what goes around, comes around" or maybe you have heard it but can't understand what it means.

After all that the employees at UAIR have been through, I have never heard one of them express ill will towards other airlines employees that are doing well.

Nothing lasts forever, that's another one you may have never heard.
Someday the tables may turn and YOU may be the one who is just grateful for a job ! :down:

linemech.

linemech said:
You sound like some young inexperienced kid who may be so young that he as never heard the phrase "what goes around, comes around" or maybe you have heard it but can't understand what it means.
[post="173927"][/post]​

linemech,

I guess you don't recognize sarcasm. It is jetBlue's modus operandi to hire furloughed/distressed pilots, mechanics and F/As then pay them below standard wages and benefits.

A typical non-union operation preying on distressed labor just to make a buck.

Gotta love Needleman and his cronies.

It sounds like your standard is different than others. Maybe the archaic standards of the past are the ones that need to continue to become extinct instead of the current trends in the industry. People had it too easy for many years. Someone comes along and decides to do it differently and all of a sudden you have to to try to copy them. Instead of trying to be the airline for everyone, how about going back to the niche that made you successful in the first place. Southwest has pretty-much not deviated from their original concept. They have refined the product enough to make it very competitive and other airlines have yet to do that hard work in order to compete. It's not that you make too much money, it's how the job is engineered by both employer and employee to make the most out of your employees, and to make the company competitive.

A typical non-union operation preying on distressed labor just to make a buck.

The company is in business to make MONEY, not to provide jobs. Why would they do anything else. When business is going good does labor ever say "No thanks, on the raise, we want to make sure and keep those profits rolling in"? Nope.

and anybody willing to work for less wages/benefits selling out the rest deserve what they get!

This is an incredibly stupid way to think.

I think the number of pilot applications on file is over 9000. Probably more, that info is from 4-5 months ago. Some of them are out of work, but most of them are still employed. I do think that Jetblue tries to keep a mix of GA, military, regional and legacy pilots. Interestingly, it is the former legacy pilots who are most anti-union, I'm told. They've lived with them. What does that tell you?

Whadayano said:
Interestingly, it is the former legacy pilots who are most anti-union, I'm told. They've lived with them. What does that tell you?
[post="174966"][/post]​

It tells me they're probalby TWA or USAir guys who are blaming the Union for their loss of jobs. It also tells me they're morons.

It wasn't the Unions who killed TWA and are killing USAir. Its poor management and worse managers.

Unions don't make the life and death decisions in corporations. Managers do. TWA and USAir have had the most dicked up managements in airline history since Frank Lorenzo was ousted.

So, you're roommates are just using misplaced bitterness coupled with guilt over scabbing to generate that anger.

I pity you.

At UAL, unions ran the show, cranked up wages when times were good and devil take the hindmost, and as a result were the biggest and most spectacular bankruptcy of the modern era not involving fraud. So union run is not any panacea. As Uncle Bobby I think it was first said, "in this industry you are at the mercy of your dumbest competitor," you have virtually no pricing power, and you have very high fixed costs. So you have little control of your fate, as 9/11 and then $45 oil have shown us. But the unionized pilots keep paying dues and have little to show for them that wouldn't have come their way anyway. I basically think paying union dues is alot like paying protection.

You better hope US goes chapter 7, becasue if they do turn the airline around I think they will become the hunter and you the hunted, remember you are only but a fraction of the size of US......

Fubijaakr said:
It tells me they're probalby TWA or USAir guys who are blaming the Union for their loss of jobs. It also tells me they're morons.

It wasn't the Unions who killed TWA and are killing USAir. Its poor management and worse managers.

Unions don't make the life and death decisions in corporations. Managers do. TWA and USAir have had the most dicked up managements in airline history since Frank Lorenzo was ousted.

So, you're roommates are just using misplaced bitterness coupled with guilt over scabbing to generate that anger.

I pity you.
[post="175710"][/post]​

Full of Jack, management and unions did not casue the problems, more efficent operators came in and changed the marketplace, happens in many industries - look at the steel business....

A question for Fubi:

On several occasions I have asked you to explain what happened to you over at Alaska Airlines, however you never answer the question. I have heard rumors that you no longer work there. Is that true? I have also heard that you were "let go". Any truth to the statement? Please set the record straight.

An explanation of what happened to you over at AS might shed some light to us all as to your obvioulsy very bitter attitude in general.

v1

I'd like to wish everyone at Jet Blue, and all my fellow birdmen, the best of luck in these uncertain times. All of us have a full plate and an uncertain future. So do me a favor Fubi, if you want to speculate on what you're going to do with the remains of USAirways could you at least wait and see if we're dead? The fat lady is gagged and she's not singing today. Rank and file is trying to do our part; if we can just get management to do theirs. Once again, I wish Jet Blue the very best; but don't stick a knife in me yet.

And by the way Fubi, even though I was a union organizer, and still faithfully pay my dues each month, the IAM isn't doing dick to save my job right now either.

Status
Not open for further replies.