If you think Seniority integration is ugly now...

flyguy121

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
The Seniority Lists of East and West have not yet even been combined, which is sure to bring it's own drama, but consider this:

Northwest f/a's have now elected to replace PFAA with AFA for their Union Representation. If the NW/US merger rumors prove to be true, get ready for the f/a group to get a bit more contentious to say the least...

Hold on tight, it's about to get very interesting...

The Seniority Lists of East and West have not yet even been combined, which is sure to bring it's own drama, but consider this:

Northwest f/a's have now elected to replace PFAA with AFA for their Union Representation. If the NW/US merger rumors prove to be true, get ready for the f/a group to get a bit more contentious to say the least...

Hold on Tight??????

Whats the big deal....IF we merge, It will be doh, no biggie.....all of us will adjust......

So how "contentious" can that be we all know its doh for 2 afa represented unions.

Hold on Tight??????

Whats the big deal....IF we merge, It will be doh, no biggie.....all of us will adjust......

So how "contentious" can that be we all know its doh for 2 afa represented unions.

Yes, it is DOH for those represented by AFA, however from what I've heard from newly hired Westies, some have been feeding these Newbies some false information regarding where they will rank once all of the pre-9/11 Furloughees are back on the property, as well as anyone else hired by pre-merger HP post 9/11. You'd be surprised how much misinformation is out there among the f/a's. Of course, this confusion works for the company because it must be difficult for new hires to comprehend and accept that there are many out on furlough who are not active employees, but one day when they return, they will return Senior to you and even others who have already been flying for the past few years at old HP.

And that's just East and West...

Add in a possible merger with NW (YIKES!), and we're talking about 3 airlines (2 with separate furlough lists), and even more dissention (and certainly confusion among the ranks). I would just hope that East and West seniority lists are merged and any furloughees wishing to return have the opportunity to do so before yet another merger partner comes into focus.

Didn't Parker say that he expected all the invol f/as to be back on the property within the year?

If this merger is something that would come to pass then having the same union will ensure DOH and that is a good thing.

The new hires would be protected by being active against the furloughed list and the no bump and flush will protect their position in their base.

What about the concept that a combined AW/NW/U would be a much stronger entity and therefore increase everyones chance of a stable career (if that is possible in the airline industry)?

As a pilot I never look forward to the emotions associated with the merging of lists (it is the ultimate exercise in "Fear & Greed"); however, first no one asked my permission to merge AWA/U/PSA/Piedmont/Empire therefore why worry about something I have ZERO/NADA control over. Second, whatever union you are in (along with an arbitrator) will dictate you combined list...no amount of whinning, lawsuits, or any other kneejeck reactions will impact how it goes down.

Once it is done...do yourself a BIG favor & get over it!

I hope we do merge with NWA, pick-up ASIA and shore up our domestic system...I am willing to eat the required crow to work for an airline that will probably be around.

I am willing to eat the required crow to work for an airline that will probably be around.
An airline with the lowest wages, morale and labor relations in the industry? And you're willing to do that for the remainder of your career? That's not crow, buddy. That's Pterodactyl. And you won't be eating it; it will likely be the one that eats everyone else, from the inside out.

I remember when SWA was the lowest paid too.

If we are ever to claw our way back to where we deserve to be (pay & benefit wise) we have to be a player in the industry to do so....

IMHO

An airline with the lowest wages, morale and labor relations in the industry? And you're willing to do that for the remainder of your career? That's not crow, buddy. That's Pterodactyl. And you won't be eating it; it will likely be the one that eats everyone else, from the inside out.

What's another merger?....We're old hands at this! We're the Liz Taylor of the skys.

LOL...I love it! We used to have a saying at TWA..."In a thousand years, the only thing left on the planet will be cockroaches, Cher, and TWA." Looks like that title may have to go to USAirways now.

Yes, it is DOH for those represented by AFA, however from what I've heard from newly hired Westies, some have been feeding these Newbies some false information regarding where they will rank once all of the pre-9/11 Furloughees are back on the property, as well as anyone else hired by pre-merger HP post 9/11. You'd be surprised how much misinformation is out there among the f/a's. Of course, this confusion works for the company because it must be difficult for new hires to comprehend and accept that there are many out on furlough who are not active employees, but one day when they return, they will return Senior to you and even others who have already been flying for the past few years at old HP.

And that's just East and West...

Add in a possible merger with NW (YIKES!), and we're talking about 3 airlines (2 with separate furlough lists), and even more dissention (and certainly confusion among the ranks). I would just hope that East and West seniority lists are merged and any furloughees wishing to return have the opportunity to do so before yet another merger partner comes into focus.

Actually, management makes it very clear that US East furloghed FAs will come back with full seniority. Its no secret around here. But, for the most part it won't affect PHX unless the fuloughs come back and want to transfer into PHX, which they can, with full seniority.

LOL...I love it! We used to have a saying at TWA..."In a thousand years, the only thing left on the planet will be cockroaches, Cher, and TWA." Looks like that title may have to go to USAirways now.

Actually, the correct, scientific, observation should be that "in a thousand years, there will nothing left on the planet except cockroaches and Tupperware." (But, no lids that fit.) :lol:

Who the hell would want to live in PHX? It is a #### hole. I would take PHL, CLT, BOS, LGA, or ANYWHERE else before PHX. Seriously, come spend a month here in this hot, nasty, dusty, poor, sprawling, crime ridden town ... then you will realize how nice the east and west coast are! I never realized how lucky I was to live in SAN and having grown up in PIT until I spent five weeks of training in PHX. Their air quality alone is enough to make someone gag!

Latest posts

Back