Inflight service announcement

Ahhh, the party cup! That takes a half a bottle of wine, because you just can't fill it halfway :ph34r:

Well I certainly wish I could figure it out. It all boils down to money, but then like GP said, we used to have smaller cups, but now we have bigger cups, but we need to save money :blink:

So for me to get 2 cups out of one can I fill it up with more ice, then I can get it. BUT we have to pay for ice, and we'll use more ice then ..... We should revert back to our old cups (weren't they 8 oz)

As for us FAs being cheap and chintzy? You are abviously not one of us. Most FAs give out the can regardless of company policy. Many are just too lazy (as evidenced by posts here) or feel the customer "deserves" more. Personally, I dislike the waste. If I give the can out on a med haul, I almost always get a large amount half-full cans at trash pick-up. People are greedy.

Pouring on a trans-con selling meals is not going to happen. We always did a can service and just pouring a cup with be problematic at best. The FAs will be out with the cart throughout the flight "cause a cup ain't gonna cut it" :ph34r:

The original US had the smaller cup for years. I also might add that the old cup was A. nicer B. easier to handle and C. in line with what other carriers offered. Not to mention that the cup is ugly. How about a cup ya advertise on? Hell management loves advertise on everything else. When you do a quick "express" service of C, DC, SP and H20 the cup is too big. If you only get 8oz. of soda we'd gladly give more. I don't mind service. I KNOW I'm alone on that one as a majority. The customer as Piney mentioned appreciates the second pour if they want it. Ok and one more thing to add about this silly "cup" situation. F/A's for the majority HATE a group standing right at or IN the galley waiting for the lav. Remember on transcon when the movie credits would roll and the LAV lines? A whole can vs. a cup. What do you THINK will cause people to need the lav more? Hmmmmmm Change the cup to a more suitable size. :up:

Oh man, I am so glad I can just fill up the cup with ice sit on top of the can and hand it to them... No time for this pour crap.. That would drive me nuts.

You see Piney. This is why serve more works as opposed to serve more often. Our crews are just not able to "be there" that often and look like they are enjoying themselves and their jobs.

My apologies for calling many on here a bunch of cheap asses. LOL

You know, I non rev frequently on another carrier whose crews are known to visit each row asking pax if they would like another drink. Can you honestly expect US Air crews to do this? I can see "You don't really want another drink, now do you."

You see Piney. This is why serve more works as opposed to serve more often. Our crews are just not able to "be there" that often and look like they are enjoying themselves and their jobs.

My apologies for calling many on here a bunch of cheap asses. LOL

You know, I non rev frequently on another carrier whose crews are known to visit each row asking pax if they would like another drink. Can you honestly expect US Air crews to do this? I can see "You don't really want another drink, now do you."

You know, before the company decided to implement the failed policy of charging for bevs, MANY...yes, MANY of us did the service as the company asked! Guess what? We will do the same March 1st whatever policy the bozos in Tempe decide!

F/A's for the majority HATE a group standing right at or IN the galley waiting for the lav. Remember on transcon when the movie credits would roll and the LAV lines? A whole can vs. a cup. What do you THINK will cause people to need the lav more? Hmmmmmm Change the cup to a more suitable size. :up:

OH, they already solved that problem...stop showing movies! :lol:

I agree with everyone else though. Without the can, a cup is just that, a cup - so why not replace these party cups with the normal sized ones the east used to have?? Plus, they looked classier too. But it took them 6 months to figure out charging for beverages was a bad idea, so lord knows how long it would take them to figure out something like this. :down:

OH, they already solved that problem...stop showing movies! :lol:

I agree with everyone else though.... Without the can, a cup is just that, a cup - so why not replace these party cups with the normal sized ones the east used to have?? Plus, they looked classier too. But it took them 6 months to figure out charging for beverages was a bad idea, so lord knows how long it would take them to figure out something like this. :down:

According to "Ask Inflight" this has already been in the works, thank god!!! They've already selected a smaller cup and will launch as soon as our current stock of "party" cups is depleted, which if they stopped ordering a week ago should be quickly after Mar. 1st...lol Of course this is US we are talking about and they will probably have ordered the new cups and run out of the old and we'll have "united" or ''delta'' cups ''bought for the time being" lol like the "alaska air" bev. cart fiasco a couple years ago before the "new" carts we have now arrived...lol

Frankly I think that US Flight Attendants would love to go back to the days of enhanced service. ...
I happen to think most would actually enjoy "Working the Flight" and being out amongst the customers. Anyone who thinks this is NOT a customer/people business is a little slow on the uptake.

Serving a cup (or full can on request) creates a more positive experience for the customer AND costs US far less on many levels.

I agree. There are many of us who never agreed with the previous "idea", however we had no alternative.

I think it is a step in the right direction ... for once .... let's see what the follow-up will be

I just hope they leave the carts alone. This is the only good thing that came out of that decision.

I think you are all being chintzy and cheap like management. A cup with ice holds 1/2 can of juice or soda. A cup without ice holds one entire can.

What is the reason that you want to GIVE passengers less? If the cup size looks to BIG then maybe rethink your marketing abilities. Most anyone would probably hope that you would want to create the illusion of giving the pax more, not less. you have your opinions about what the cup conveys...without proof no less....

Your idea about filling a hole sleeve from one can is everything cheap and stingy this management vamps too...and there you are right along with them. Congrats. I'm curious what your interpretation of generous hospitality looks like? Your choosing cups to suit your needs...please try to choose a cup that suits the people who are buying the ticket and their OVERAL enjoyment of the inflight experience...this will probably include asking for seconds - and i'd hate to see how you handle that request.

Put the puzzles down folks get out there and mingle.

AND stop being a bunch of cheap asses with the product we serve and with your shining personalities
I think you are missing the point with the party cups. F/a's aren't trying to be lazy - just practical. If a service for a long flight calls for a pour service, til you stand there waiting for the foam to settle AND pour most of the can into the cup, the passenger would end up asking for the whole can. Now for an express service, until the customer got the party cup, we would be on descent. Good luck trying to collect cups before landing!! They will be sipping at that cup til treetop height!!

Back