Is there a new stimulus on the way

You and I have a different definition of "living within your means". To me living within my means is defined as I won't lose everything I have if I miss a couple of paychecks........

Exactly. You think you are deserving of privileges or special treatment.. They have a name for that, entitlement. You are text book.

So you took pay for work that you did not do. If your company took government grants and agreed to a no layoff clause then YES you were covered by the taxpayers.

Of course you don't. The taxpayers are paying you partial pay to sit at home on your ass.

You mean except the ones sitting on their ass at home getting partial pay right? Again, you don't need 100% of your employees to transport a fraction of the traffic.

If they are paying you partial pay to sit at home on your ass they are overstaffed.

I hope you don't. But I sure as hell don't want to subsidize your paycheck. I also don't want our nation to go even further in debt to cover payroll for people not working when there are other businesses hiring.

If they are giving away their shifts, turning down opportunities to earn, then why the hell should the public subsidize them?

Yes WE. Last I checked you lived in the United States. We, as a nation, have a lot of credit card debt.

Nothing funny about it. It is the absolute truth. You are asking people, most of who make far less than you do, to subsidize your income.

No matter how you spin it you cannot justify taxpayers funding an overstaffed airline when they have employees sitting at home drawing partial pay for doing absolutely nothing. You are so damned entitled you have actually fooled yourself into thinking this absurdity is reasonable.
I guess we will just have to except that we look at it differently then.

I sure hope American will not use retaliation moves in order to lose more $$$ just so they can file for BK and go thru that process yet again. If they do the courts should be able to refuse to except their filing as this was brought on by their own doing. At an average of 30 million per day (average) that 8.3 Billion on hand will be gone in less than two years, and, they will have more than the current 47.8 Billion in debt.
Also read where American is still moving forward with the recalls even though Trump balked at the assistance aid. If no PSP is passed I smell BK's coming...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/f0f372da-61a0-304d-b491-33a6835620fd/american-airlines-shoots.html

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/american-airlines-moves-ahead-worker-160443119.html

Way out of control on this topic, name calling and foul language are uncalled for. The economy is only going to get worse and many more will die due to many who expect things to go back to the good old days, or 2019. This is the new normal and yet fools still won't wear a mask, keep a safe distance and nix the get togethers. Reap what you sow.

Reactions: swamt
Enough.

Last warning before some of you spend the winter in the cornfield.

I sure hope American will not use retaliation moves in order to lose more $$$ just so they can file for BK and go thru that process yet again. If they do the courts should be able to refuse to except their filing as this was brought on by their own doing. At an average of 30 million per day (average) that 8.3 Billion on hand will be gone in less than two years, and, they will have more than the current 47.8 Billion in debt.
Also read where American is still moving forward with the recalls even though Trump balked at the assistance aid. If no PSP is passed I smell BK's coming...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/f0f372da-61a0-304d-b491-33a6835620fd/american-airlines-shoots.html

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/american-airlines-moves-ahead-worker-160443119.html

under penalty from the SEC - aa told the investment world that it will apprx. $14 billion in equity on jan. 1, 2021.

maybe me and adam levine-weinberg have different definitions of equity vs. cash on hand.

the disclaimer at the bottom of the article tells us everything:

Adam Levine-Weinberg owns shares of JetBlue Airways and is long January 2022 $10 calls on JetBlue Airways. The Motley Fool recommends JetBlue Airways and Southwest Airlines. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.

Way out of control on this topic, name calling and foul language are uncalled for. The economy is only going to get worse and many more will die due to many who expect things to go back to the good old days, or 2019. This is the new normal and yet fools still won't wear a mask, keep a safe distance and nix the get togethers. Reap what you sow.
It may be YOUR new normal.

It is not going to be mine.

And before you make some snarky remark know that I have been hospitalized with COVID. I have also missed 3 funerals of family members due to family members concerns over the pandemic. COVID has already cost me plenty. However, I am not going to stop living my life. Live free or die.

As far as Old Azz Mechanic, let Eagle send me to the cornfield or even ban me from the forum. I am not going to put up with OAM's BS. OAM likes to play the part of the victim but in fact he is the one causing the problems. I am not going to tolerate his foolishness under threat of a ban hammer.

under penalty from the SEC - aa told the investment world that it will apprx. $14 billion in equity on jan. 1, 2021.

maybe me and adam levine-weinberg have different definitions of equity vs. cash on hand.

the disclaimer at the bottom of the article tells us everything:
I was going by the article that I included, they claimed 8.3 Billion on hand cash. They very well may have 14 Billion in equity and that would include their 8.3 Billion in cash plus other equities totaling 14 Billion. Didn't mean for it to sound like that was all they had total. Sorry if it did read that way.

It may be YOUR new normal.

It is not going to be mine.

And before you make some snarky remark know that I have been hospitalized with COVID. I have also missed 3 funerals of family members due to family members concerns over the pandemic. COVID has already cost me plenty. However, I am not going to stop living my life. Live free or die.

As far as Old Azz Mechanic, let Eagle send me to the cornfield or even ban me from the forum. I am not going to put up with OAM's BS. OAM likes to play the part of the victim but in fact he is the one causing the problems. I am not going to tolerate his foolishness under threat of a ban hammer.

You can live free or die on your own. I have a right to not have selfish people not wearing masks spreading this virus. Tired of dumbass, narcissistic fools playing the I’m free to live my life bs.

You can live free or die on your own.
Thank you but I was not asking your permission.

I have a right to not have selfish people not wearing masks spreading this virus.
No, what you have the right to do is make your own personal decisions regarding PPE. You do not have the right to mandate others' decisions.

Tired of dumbass, narcissistic fools playing the I’m free to live my life bs.
And I am tired of a hypocritical government telling us to do one thing while doing another (Michael B. Hancock, Sam Liccardo, Steve Adler, Andrew Cuomo, Gavin Newsom, Sheila Kuehl, Nancy Pelosi, Sam Riccardo, Muriel Bowser, Jim Kenney, London Breed, Lori Lightfoot) and their useful idiots that think these hypocrites should control our lives. I have news for you, politicians are supposed to be representatives not rulers. You need to learn that.

You have small businesses and churches being shut down while large corporations and BLM/ANTIFA run amok.

If you want to live somewhere free of "dumbass, narcissistic fools playing the I’m free to live my life bs" then move to China you closet commie.

Last edited:
I was going by the article that I included, they claimed 8.3 Billion on hand cash. They very well may have 14 Billion in equity and that would include their 8.3 Billion in cash plus other equities totaling 14 Billion. Didn't mean for it to sound like that was all they had total. Sorry if it did read that way.

no need to apologize, you saw the article by someone who has skin in the airline stock game.

this is what aa told investors a few weeks ago in an SEC filing (not a motley fool filing with author owning jetblue shares):

“Following a strong start to the fourth quarter of 2020, rising COVID-19 case counts and associated travel restrictions in the immediate period leading up to the Thanksgiving holiday have resulted in a slowing of net bookings growth, which has persisted into December,” American Airlines stated in an SEC filing.

As a result of the slowdown in demand and modestly higher fuel prices, American Airlines now expects to end the fourth quarter with more than $14 billion in total available liquidity, which excludes any proceeds from the recently announced $1 billion at-the-market equity offering. The US air carrier ended the third quarter with about $13.6 billion of total available liquidity.

Thank you but I was not asking your permission.

No, what you have the right to do is make your own personal decisions regarding PPE. You do not have the right to mandate others' decisions.

And I am tired of a hypocritical government telling us to do one thing while doing another (Michael B. Hancock, Sam Liccardo, Steve Adler, Andrew Cuomo, Gavin Newsom, Sheila Kuehl, Nancy Pelosi, Sam Riccardo, Muriel Bowser, Jim Kenney, London Breed, Lori Lightfoot) and their useful idiots that think these hypocrites should control our lives. I have news for you, politicians are supposed to be representatives not rulers. You need to learn that.

You have small businesses and churches being shut down while large corporations and BLM/ANTIFA run amok.

If you want to live somewhere free of "dumbass, narcissistic fools playing the I’m free to live my life bs" then move to China you closet commie.

Lol, you ignorant people need to educate yourselves, you don’t have a right to infect the rest of us because you think you have the right. Think it through dummy.