It's out

PTO, your posts from waaaay back say that you absolutely hate the unions and that you personally wanted to see them broken. I don't know why you carry such hate for them. I can only guess that somewhere along the way either a union, or someone with a union wronged you. I don't understand why you hate a type of organization who's agenda is to make thing better for someone in your position. I cannot understand why you don't feel at least some ire towards the corporate criminals who knowingly and deliberately decimate the economy for the average person. Explain this please.
Peaches, you are dealing with a sociopath who was stuck at a dead end MRO sweatshop, and saw an opportunity to "make a few bucks" at a major airline the only way he could, as a scab. PlaytheCods naively assumes he can "work my own deal" with the Scab Air management "three headed monster" and it will be honored. Quite a comical notion I might say. After scabbing a whole six months, 'Cods has many opinions on all the problems at Scab Air, and 99% the unions are at fault (funny how he hardly mentions the ALPA or PFAA in his anti-union rants). He knows nothing of what AMFA stands for and how they have and continue in the attempt to bring the AMT profession together. AMFA has recently sponsered a bill to force all overseas MRO's to perform random drug tests and backround checks as the FAA requires in the USA.

If you look at his unreal record of 1840 posts in just 6 months, you can conclude he has no life, except to constantly come on this board and flame. In addition, he attempts to tell those of us who have been at the airlines for many years how his extensive knowledge and work ethic will win the day.

I can't wait for the scabs to show us how its done, and pull Scab Air out of the blackhole they are in. Fat chance. So far, they have not impressed anyone (FAA included) with Scab Air's consistant LAST PLACE performance. Not to mention the maintenance problems and aircraft incidents that occur nearly weekly since the scabs took over.

PlaytheCods......Misguided and Misinformed as usual;

"The unions have failed the AMT profession. They have failed to keep up with the current trends in the aviation industry. they have let overseas out sourcing go unchecked and have neglected the third party shops."

WRONG AGAIN SCAB....

Ken MacTiernan
post Jan 13 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #1

Veteran

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 2,575

I want to ask everyone reading this to please help. I am asking that you write a letter to your elected officials asking them to support House Resolution 4582. This bill, when it becomes law, will require employees of foreign and domestic repair stations to undergo criminal background checks. That is not the case right now. Does this affect you? If you fly it does!
Please go to the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association web site at www.AMTAUSA.com and click on the "Support H.R. 4582" link. There you can read the bill and find who your elected official is. Simply click on the provided government links. There is even an example of what to write, just include your address. I know it is a pain to sit and write a small letter these days, what with the convenience of e-mail and cell phones. But this is very important. This bill will help fill a gap in aviation security.
After you write your letter please mail it directly to AMTA, P.O. Box 211591, Chula Vista CA 91921 or to Maryanne Demarco, AMFA National Legislative Liaison, 1725 I Street NW, Suite 300, Washington DC 200026. I ask you to mail your letters to either of us instead of directly to your officials because this way we will ensure they do not get lost in the mail by walking them up "The Hill" and hand delivering them in person. Time is of a concern so your quick response will be greatly appreciated. If there are any questions please contact me.
One last thing, after you write your letter please forward this request to everyone you know. It is not a chain letter. It is a request to help protect the flying public. I thank you all very much for your assistance and apologize if you might have already received an e-mail on this subject. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

PlaytheCods......Misguided and Misinformed as usual;

post Jan 13 2006, 01:37 PM
Post #1
Veteran
:lol: I said keep up Hackman if not stay ahead of the game. :lol: Drug screening!!!???? :lol: It is a small step in the right direction, BUT TEN YEARS LATE!!!! :lol: BOY You guys are on top of it all. Hackman You get an "F" for effort. Go ahead SPIN it Hackman. COME ON HACKMAN LETS DO THE "TWIST"!!!!! :lol: :lol:

:lol: I said keep up Hackman if not stay ahead of the game. :lol: Drug screening!!!???? :lol: It is a small step in the right direction, BUT TEN YEARS LATE!!!! :lol: BOY You guys are on top of it all. Hackman You get an "F" for effort. Go ahead SPIN it Hackman. COME ON HACKMAN LETS DO THE "TWIST"!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Wayyyy ahead of you "at will" scab. How do you figure its late dummy? What have you done for the profession except scab? Nothing, but bootlick management and accept substandard wages and working conditions, because your too ignorant to know better.

Again, what have you done???? NOTHING BUT scab!!! Your grade 'Cods? An "I" ...Incompetence and Incomplete. :blink: :down:

BTW, when can we expect the Scab Air SUPERscabs to set the bar higher for the next raises and benefits package??? Never? Exactly.... :unsure: :unsure:

:unsure: I actually have been following this thread regarding the proposal, as our station has not yet voted, and is not in the magic 40...
Alot is riding on this vote, too bad it is taking so long to get it done. Morale gets worse every day.
I hope the topic gets back to the original "Its Out"
Thanks D

Peaches, you are dealing with a sociopath who was stuck at a dead end MRO sweatshop, and saw an opportunity to "make a few bucks" at a major airline the only way he could, as a scab. PlaytheCods naively assumes he can "work my own deal" with the Scab Air management "three headed monster" and it will be honored. Quite a comical notion I might say. After scabbing a whole six months, 'Cods has many opinions on all the problems at Scab Air, and 99% the unions are at fault (funny how he hardly mentions the ALPA or PFAA in his anti-union rants). He knows nothing of what AMFA stands for and how they have and continue in the attempt to bring the AMT profession together. AMFA has recently sponsered a bill to force all overseas MRO's to perform random drug tests and backround checks as the FAA requires in the USA.

If you look at his unreal record of 1840 posts in just 6 months, you can conclude he has no life, except to constantly come on this board and flame. In addition, he attempts to tell those of us who have been at the airlines for many years how his extensive knowledge and work ethic will win the day.

I can't wait for the scabs to show us how its done, and pull Scab Air out of the blackhole they are in. Fat chance. So far, they have not impressed anyone (FAA included) with Scab Air's consistant LAST PLACE performance. Not to mention the maintenance problems and aircraft incidents that occur nearly weekly since the scabs took over.

Hackman,
I finally had the time to start going through his old posts from August. There, he mentioned something about the Postal Workers Union but didn't say exactly what happened. I figured, as you did, that he had a chance at a real job so he went for it. (Which is probably still true.)

However, with he passionate hate of unions, the constant baiting, I figured that he has to have something going on more than just not believing in them. Nobody has that kind of passion about something without being deeply personally vested in it.

I wanted to ask him straight up what happened?

Hey, I thought you said you had to get some sleep because you had a "day job" you had to wake up for?

A mechanic with less than 3 hours of sleep is not someone I want working on aircraft.

Or is "I have got to go to bed" SCAB code for "I need to go close down the local bar"?

It's not exactly good in the 40 stations, either....
Kev...With the diposal proposal in mind,other wise known as POS..I can say this much from the four hour rule perspective:This past weekend being winter break for the kids,all of our flights were overbooked..starting from last Thursday to today.We had to deal with one early morning cancellation and 3 maintenance related delays that broke all kinds of connections for many passengers.With every Airline in the station looking at their own flight over sold,there was not anywhere to put people who couldnt get out.Some had to waite a day,some had to waite 2 days to get out.I have been wondering how nwa is going to get this work done when they slam the door on us.I mean,personally I had at least 50 people in my face yelling about their messed up trip after I unloaded 150 bags because of maintenance,then we had to rebook them and change e-tickets and all that good stuff...the point here is...Do they really think they are going to get people to do this job for 9 bucks?..seriously,..I hear NW is hiring all these low grade managers that are supposed to be training our replacements..."super trainers" if you will...myself and my co-workers cant waite to see this operation.It's challenging to us who have been here for a long time,let alone what it's going to be like with the kind of people they will get for that whopping 9 bucks..It's going to be fun to watch the lines out the door when some sort of irregular ops happens and shows these replacements why you cant do this job for Burger king wages........

Work'n short, I couldn't agree with you more on this one. I can't say that I have walked in your shoes but I have seen you guys in action. I have already heard stories from some of the guys that have been non-revving that have run into similar situations. Between there being no maintenance support at the out stations to amount to anything compounding it with the above situation is simply going to make matters worse. When I was getting my seat number at the gate for my flight back the guy asked if I were flying jumpseat. I said no I'm just non-rev to dtw. He then asked if I were a pilot. I said no I am a mechanic. He looked at me and said "Damn I wish I had known you were here we could have used you earlier." Time was short so I didn't get to ask any details of what he needed but I am sure not having maintenance available is hindering their operations.

About a month ago, maybe a bit longer now, we grounded four 757's in about a two hour period at dtw. I don't know how the guys upstairs pulled that one off but I am sure they busted their arses. To my knowledge no flights were cancelled. We did have hell keeping up with all the gatechanges for the rest of the day. My hat is indeed off to you guys.

That's because SCABS like you are working on the NW planes!
Them SCUM BUM SCUM BAG SCABS really know how to hurt NWA even further by grounding 4 planes in one day! thats a loss of more money. sounds like mgmt need to tell the scabs--we are stealin mor out of you so we can get even richer!

This past weekend being winter break for the kids,all of our flights were overbooked..starting from last Thursday to today.We had to deal with one early morning cancellation and 3 maintenance related delays that broke all kinds of connections for many passengers.

Sounds frighteningly (sp?) similar to our past few days.

With every Airline in the station looking at their own flight over sold,there was not anywhere to put people who couldnt get out.Some had to waite a day,some had to waite 2 days to get out.

Here we don't really have any other carriers to use as viable back up plans.

American Eagle? No, their plans are all stuck in ORD.

United Express? See above

Midwest Express? Not unless you want to go to MKE first. Then what?

Continental Express? They still fly here?

I have been wondering how nwa is going to get this work done when they slam the door on us.

It won't get it done. You and I know that. The company is too hellbent on pushing their agenda to see it.

I mean,personally I had at least 50 people in my face yelling about their messed up trip after I unloaded 150 bags because of maintenance,then we had to rebook them and change e-tickets and all that good stuff

Again, thank God I'm in a B station.

...the point here is...Do they really think they are going to get people to do this job for 9 bucks?..seriously,..

In my city, the company is competing with the likes of Target for new hires. I've said it before: why work outside at night in the cold, when you can be in a nice climate controlled store?

It's going to be fun to watch the lines out the door when some sort of irregular ops happens and shows these replacements why you cant do this job for Burger king wages........

I have a feeling that if this passes, the Living will envy the Dead......

Everyday I give thanks that I applied for a ramp job and not a CSA spot; I don't know how people can do it.
Sounds frighteningly (sp?) similar to our past few days.
Here we don't really have any other carriers to use as viable back up plans.

American Eagle? No, their plans are all stuck in ORD.

United Express? See above

Midwest Express? Not unless you want to go to MKE first. Then what?

Continental Express? They still fly here?
It won't get it done. You and I know that. The company is too hellbent on pushing their agenda to see it.
Again, thank God I'm in a B station.
In my city, the company is competing with the likes of Target for new hires. I've said it before: why work outside at night in the cold, when you can be in a nice climate controlled store?
I have a feeling that if this passes, the Living will envy the Dead......
Hey Kev...How long has your manager been at your station?How long has he been with nwa?

Latest posts

Back