July - US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironic, see you think you know it all.

In CLT at the time there was not one utility per gate, we worked short handed, so explain to me when the planes all come in basically at the same time, how can one person be in two places at one time?

Maybe you if actually took the time to educate yourself on what transpired you would understand it, instead of making wrong blanket assumptions.

And your pilots cleaned planes, which is performing work of another unionized group and crossed the picket line, Jack London has a name for you.

And I didnt see any other work group jump into the cockpit and fly a plane when a pliot was late and didnt show up on time.

I would love to have seen someone from another group climb in and fly a trip.

You still dont get it.

And you wonder why we had buttons made that said "thanks for nothing ALPA", and you all ran to Seth and complained about them and cried.

700UW: "Ironic, see you think you know it all."

You still dont get it.

And you wonder why we had buttons made that said "thanks for nothing ALPA", and you all ran to Seth and complained about them and cried.

"...see you think you know it all." "and you all ran to Seth and complained about them and cried."

Umm...."...you think you know it all."..."and cried"? Perhaps your earlier admonition regarding inadequate levels of maturity should indeed be considered by many. Hmmm...what so quickly happend to your notion on: "Time to act like grown men and not children having temper tantrums."?

"And you wonder why we had buttons made that said "thanks for nothing ALPA".." OK. What was the mature and rational point in making said buttons? An uniformed observer might mistake such behavior for that of "children having temper tantrums.".....?

Dismissed.

See we stuck together, and you pilots scabbed and made a sweetheart deal with the company to cross the picket line, so we showed our thought on it.

Your deal the company grounded all the DC9, MD80, F28, F100 and 737-200 aircraft during the six day strike, and all the pilots got paid. And the company didnt have to pay the pilots due to a strike, but ALPA and US made a deal so you would scab and they would pay.

Case closed.

Your not organized labor, your every pilot for himself, your group scabbed, plain and simple.

....you pilots scabbed......... your group scabbed, plain and simple.

I completely disagree with your BS there. Neither myself, nor any pilot I ever observed was usurping you work then. If you saw otherwise, you weren't on any planes I flew at the time. Btw; that "so we showed our thought on it" certainly sounds like a temper tantrum to me.

You crossed a legal sanctioned picket line, made a sweetheart deal with the company to scab.

Go ask VP of Labor Relations Al Hemenway about how many grievances were filed over pilots cleaning planes during the 30 day cooling off period, I have no reason to lie, you on the other hand do. Hundreds of grievances were filed.

ALPA in October of 92 was a traitor to the labor movement, the AFA honored our picket line and it took a federal judge to order them back to work, the ladies had more testicles than the men of ALPA.

ALPA in October of 92 was a traitor to the labor movement, the AFA honored our picket line and it took a federal judge to order them back to work, the ladies had more testicles than the men of ALPA.

That much we can agree on, and I've never much been a fan of alpa, in case you've not noticed. In my estimation, alpa's been "a traitor to the labor movement" for a long time now. As far as your use of "scab"? = Complete BS....period.

700UW: "I have no reason to lie, you on the other hand do." What reason to lie would I have here?...So as to curry your favor?...Or at all be concerned with your opinion, especially after your "scab" BS?....Sure thing ;) Neither myself nor any pilot I ever observed were cleaning aircraft....Period. I can only speak from what I saw. If that fails to serve your little agenda...well...tough. ;) You can take your "grievances were filed over pilots cleaning planes" and do whatever you feel best with that BS in order to impress whoever you can with it. Good luck.

I thought scabs were non-union? All unions started losing big time bargaining power when most THOUGHT Reagan busted unions. I would never call ANY union member of ANY union a scab. Childish or not it is my opinion that calling union members scab is a new low.

ALPA and its pilots crossing a legal and sanctioned picket line and making a sweetheart deal to have all pilots paid when five fleet types were grounded due to the strike are scabs.

Performing work of another unionized group, which I witnessed and many others and hundreds of grievance were filed, with names and employee numbers of pilots who cleaned planes, I have even stated if he or anyone doesnt believe it occurred you can contact VP of Labor Relations Al Hemenway, as he was involved with it and had the grievances come across his desk.

At least the AFA honored the picket lines and had a federal judge order them back to work.

ALPA and its pilots crossing a legal and sanctioned picket line and making a sweetheart deal to have all pilots paid when five fleet types were grounded due to the strike are scabs.

Performing work of another unionized group, which I witnessed and many others and hundreds of grievance were filed, with names and employee numbers of pilots who cleaned planes, I have even stated if he or anyone doesnt believe it occurred you can contact...

You forget how I have seen the IAM sell-out high paid members for lower paid members? From NWA to Air Wisconsin. Both IAM, one high paid one low paid. Everyone called the Air Wisconsin replacement SCABS, and when I enquired why, former NWA employees stated that they were NON union. You are more computer savy than myself, 700, look up my first posts in the NWA forums. I believed they were "SCABS" and didn't hold back. Imagine my surprise when I was informed not only is Air Wisconsin union, but they are IAM. Somebody informed me that it is the same region or chapter that represented NWA and Air Wisconsin. You should have seen the faces of former NWA employees still at the airport when I told them this little fact!

Unfortunately in today's market there is little hope that anyone will strike and if they do, replacements are as easy as the CIA-China India Africa...just my own little demon.

Performing work of another unionized group, which I witnessed ....

I didn't ever see any such activity personally....but I should just take YOUR word for that....well....why would I? Anyone that hangs around assailing people he has zero personal knowledge of as supposed "scabs"/etc isn't anyone that ranks high on my list as having any credibility...especially one offering up: "I have no reason to lie, you on the other hand do" to a complete stranger, and can't seem to comprehend that I'm merely stating what I observed at that time.

Convince me otherwise. I admit I only saw interiors of planes I was operating or traveling on. You claim "with names and employee numbers of pilots who cleaned planes"..? How do you claim that those were obtained? Let me guess...such as yourself just marched up and demanded to see employee ID's?

How many times do I have to tell you if you dont believe me contact VP of Labor Relations Al Hemenway?

And what union represents most of the pilots flying RJs that use to be mainline routes?

Are you saying the reason with don't have to wait for a mechanic to push back the airplane and the reason we have three contract cleaners instead of one (when he arrives) utility is because some pilots picked up trash?

How many times do I have to tell you if you dont believe me contact VP of Labor Relations Al Hemenway?

Why? I don't doubt the filing of, as you said: "hundreds of grievance were filed"....just the actual basis for such. Seriously; how do you account for "hundreds" of grievance filings during such a short time? Were there supposed observers within the interiors of "hundreds" of aircraft during that period? Did the presumed observers view the ID's/EMP numbers of "hundreds" of pilots in the process as well? What you're saying simply makes no sense to me...and, where any aspects of logic are concerned; I've zero concern for "How many times" you feel the need to repeat yourself. You could avoid that hardship by simply putting out material that actually makes any sense in the first place.

Are you saying the reason with don't have to wait for a mechanic to push back the airplane and the reason we have three contract cleaners instead of one (when he arrives) utility is because some pilots picked up trash?
Fleet Service pushes the planes and has since 2005, try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back