King Of The Hill

TDK

Apr 20, 2003
I've been browsing around, wondering what it takes to get to the top in here. To be the Top Dog so to speak. It's pretty apparent who's who on the roster.
I was wondering if the road to the top starts with a huge post count? Or with the years of experience they apparently hold.
I have figured out how to up the ante on the posts though, and found that one of two ways works just fine. Either post something, (or anything) about every topic, and refrain from making long posts. One sentence per post is a great way to pump up your personal stats.
But I really want to know what makes people chummy with certain individuals to the point it makes my Grandma sick. You know what I'm talking about.
And why do people who seem to be so buddy/buddy feel that this forum is a great place to talk about their personal meetings? You're friends (so you say), so pick up the phone and make your arrangements that way. I sure don't want to hear about your love affairs with one another.

End of rant, feel free to slander/slag/humiliate me as you please.

Care to enlighten us as to who you are referring to or are you bitter towards everyone as a whole?

Feel free to name em, we're all big boys.

Do the math Rosco and check out the history of the top posters.

:elvis: :elvis: :elvis:

the thing for me is that i just plain find most of posts interesting... who cares who's at the top of the numbers game?!?! :wacko:

There's an older gentleman over on proon who joined in May 2001. He's got over 8300 posts so far. Makes me look like a piker. :)

Posting isn't a contest.
I checked with Kyle, and there's no prize for first place.
TDK, you have choices, you can go for quantity, or quality.
You can read all posts or ignore the ones you don't care for.
It's still is a free country.

Heck, I didn't know anyone kept track of those things. Most of my posts are in answer to 407 driver givng me a hard time about my wifes car. It's all in fun for me unless you want to asks questions relating to medivacs. If I don't know the answer, I have been around long enough to make something up that may sound reasonable. :D
Speaking of cars, last time I saw 407 driver he was driving a girls car, one of those Sebring convertibles. I was going to buy my wife one but she wouldn't dye her hair blue.

407 Driver.. Its so much more then a contest...

Phase 1 - Have the most posts.
Phase 2 -
Phase 3 - Retire rich with a young easy wife who understands why I need to spend more on the TV set then the aniversary dinner.

Don't you see how important it is, can't you see the plan? ;)

22 and counting.... Watch out CTD here I come.

Elvis,

I could give a rat's ass about whatever history the top posters have. I know some of them personally and this site is about exchanging ideas, stories and the like. All in fun and jest with differences in opinion.

I am not gonna sit here and justify or acknowledge some wise ass who's nose is out of joint for whatever reason whether it be personal or professional.

This forum is a hoot and has been a great resource to many of us.

As 407Driver.....It's a free country.

I thought when guys and gals grew up and graduated from high school they left that kind of sniveling behind them with the locker.

Cheers

R

CTD.........FYYFF :eek:

:huh:

Yah, okay....so, aahhhh, I think the current topic is our next get together...right?? :huh:

So, CTD and yes, you T5Limit, our humble host.....what's on the menu for the weekend of the 17th of you know when?? Inquiring minds need to know!! Is there a pop shop near the hangout....BBQ with a full tank of dangerous goods....phone service so I can check the ShortRanger's hockey games....have a hockey pool on the go you know!! B)

Hey Rosco...how come your membership number is older than mine and we have the same number of posts?? :blink:

L-R, the stage has been set. Weekend of the 17th - I'll fetch you at the airport on the 15th. Just make sure you bring Old Sam. Talked to your friend in North Bay, and he's in.

TDK - I’ve looked over your posts, and it seems most of them have some negative or aggressive flavour to them , so I can only assume that you consider everyone to be inferior in your world. Be that as it may, here are some observations – at the risk of being accused of posting on everything…..

You seem to have a problem with the folks who have the highest post count. First let me thank you for pointing that out, because I realized for the first time that I am the ‘King of the Hill’, so to speak. Imagine, an introvert like me, rising to such exalted honours. Mom would be proud.

Second, you doubt the validity of the experience of these individuals – “Or with the years of experience they apparently holdâ€. When I look at the ‘top posters’ here, there is no question as to their experience – in fact, they represent our industry in a way to which most can only aspire:

407 Driver – I can tell you, that whoever you are, you cannot ever hope to even wash this man’s helicopter. He is one of the most skilful and experienced helicopter pilots you will ever have the privilege of meeting, or flying with – if you are ever so fortunate.

Kyle is the boss, so I won’t blow sunshine up his cloacae.

Downwash – Now you have me laughing. This is one of the most respected helicopter pilots in the history of our industry, and a fine statesman and gentleman to boot. Again, out of our league to pass judgement – all of us have a long way to go to ever question anything this guy posts, or says.

MagSeal – Ol’ Maggi has been around the block, and knows a thing or three about our industry. Most of his posts are provocative and insightful, and he keeps a lot of us on our toes. He’s a Tupperware guy, but he’s comfortable with it.

412Driver – Another ‘been there done that’ contributor, who has a varied past and a wealth of knowledge and experience to share. Don’t let that hunchbacked avatar fool you.

Biggles – I first met Biggles in 1987. This cat has seen more pilots and AMEs come and go, you couldn’t count them. A wealth of knowledge and insight. Looks nothing like the avatar.

Graunch 1 – Full-on tell-it-like-it-is dude, with awesome background as an AME on everything that flies. Gotta listen to these guys, even you can’t understand what they’re saying….

I’m afraid I don’t know who Rotor Pilot or Elvis are, so I can’t comment too much, but I do know that they are very strong and experienced members of the group.

The rest of the folks who don't make the front page include tens of thousands of hours of experience, and people who are among the finest you'll ever meet. I didn't know Rosco, 100ft, 407Driver, Downwash, or a host of others before joining this group - now I consider them all dear friends. It's a shame that your attitude will prevent you from the pleasure of ever knowing them.

So, where’s your problem? Surely you can’t have a problem with the friendships that exist here, but that may be it – “But I really want to know what makes people chummy with certain individuals to the point it makes my Grandma sick. You know what I'm talking about.â€

No I don’t, and sorry to hear about your grandma.

Chummy? That’s called friendship. Many of us have known each other for some time. Some of us are just getting to know each other. Either way, chummy is what you get. You’re not the first person to object to this:

–Saturnman didn’t like the attention I was getting during my bike trip out west, or the fact that I posted it.
–Somebody had a problem that folks were ‘sucking up’ to me on the association thread, which was the cause of much laughter, because I am not even involved.

The beauty of all this is, you can either accept it and become one of the gang, or you can continue to harbour personal grudges – the choice is yours. In the case of the latter, feel free to remove this site from your bookmarks. As 407 said, free country – nobody’s holding a gun to your head.

Hey LR,

How y'a been? I trust the move & the ride are all in check now.

As for the posts, at the risk of sounding "Chummy".......Some of us work more than others and have less time to be on here! Hence the more posts by a fine gent such as yourself with a later vintage. :shock:

CTD,

Little Rosco watched the Emmy tonite and at the first sight of you he said "Dad", no no I meant "Bwad".......damn phoenetics...... :shock: We're sooooo confused around here now and father's day just wont be the same!

Also very good post.......I couldn't agree more. You're eloquent as usual dude. :rolleyes:

Cheers

R

And before the pot shots start.....the last post was mine, hadn't noticed I time x-ed. :p

Cheers

R :up:

Latest posts