Line Premium

Seriously, how many AMT's do you think actually sharpen drill bits? If we have any on this base, it might be 1 who is on light duty. From your first post, it sounds like you work at DFW. I have been told many times that you got guys who just drive vans all day. Does that AMT deserve a substanial raise over the drill bit sharpener?

I feel the same about the van driver job as the drill bit sharpener.

Seriously, how many AMT's do you think actually sharpen drill bits? If we have any on this base, it might be 1 who is on light duty. From your first post, it sounds like you work at DFW. I have been told many times that you got guys who just drive vans all day. Does that AMT deserve a substanial raise over the drill bit sharpener?
I feel the same about the van driver job as the drill bit sharpener.
How bout the AMT;s working reclaimation? Why do they need to be AMT's? or the AMT that pulls prints and runs to the engineer for Crew Chiefs in hanger 1/2? Can't the Crew Chiefs pull their own prints and communicate with engineers?

Let me key in here.
Line Premium was intended to compensate people working off shifts. Nights, afternoons and weekends. Back in the day where working nights and weekends was not common work place. M-F 9-5 was always the baseline. Outside of those hours had compensation.
Today it is common to work 24/7. PLEASE do not start comparing Overhaul vs Line compensation. Overhaul is M-F 9-5 for the most part. Weekends was O/T. I know people work weekends in Overhaul. My understanding is that working weekends or after normal shifts is O/T. Now the company wants 24/7 at the Overhaul bases. Will the bases get compensation or premiums like the line stations? I do not really know what the TWU has in mind. We all need some kind of Premium or Compensation for working off hours. Compensation for being away from our families at the dinner table and missing family events has to have a price on it. Time will tell.

Let me key in here.
Line Premium was intended to compensate people working off shifts. Nights, afternoons and weekends. Back in the day where working nights and weekends was not common work place. M-F 9-5 was always the baseline. Outside of those hours had compensation.
Today it is common to work 24/7. PLEASE do not start comparing Overhaul vs Line compensation. Overhaul is M-F 9-5 for the most part. Weekends was O/T. I know people work weekends in Overhaul. My understanding is that working weekends or after normal shifts is O/T. Now the company wants 24/7 at the Overhaul bases. Will the bases get compensation or premiums like the line stations? I do not really know what the TWU has in mind. We all need some kind of Premium or Compensation for working off hours. Compensation for being away from our families at the dinner table and missing family events has to have a price on it. Time will tell.
No in the hangars we run 3 shifts mids usally stays locked up with a smaller crew but aft's has same amount as days and we all have to work aft's, but true most of dont work weekends for straight time

Let me key in here.

Your reasoning is right on....hence the inceptipon of GEO pay. When we debate and hear arguments about line vs. overhaul, I think GEO pay is more suitable than line premium.
We could split hairs endlessy even between the various line stations. Should a mechanics working at a Class I station make more than than one at a CLass II station?

I think the GEO structure as outlined in the fail T/A of 2010 was the correct path to take.

Texmex ur right it might only be one mechanic on light duty. Usually its a charter member of the local 567 bubba club. Malone,cava,Powell if you spent time on the rock you get the picture

Your reasoning is right on....hence the inceptipon of GEO pay. When we debate and hear arguments about line vs. overhaul, I think GEO pay is more suitable than line premium.
We could split hairs endlessy even between the various line stations. Should a mechanics working at a Class I station make more than than one at a CLass II station?

I think the GEO structure as outlined in the fail T/A of 2010 was the correct path to take.
Agreed I dont think anyone ever disagreed with GEO pay, and that would end the debate about who's toolbox is bigger:)

Let me key in here.

Well 7 pages and finally a reasonable explanation as to why a Line Premium..Thanks 1AA and I may have changed my opinion on the subject..

This is the reason I want a change to a craft representation as compensation such as shift pay and sick time is being given away by the current Industrial Machine..

Elements as well. Class II mechanics are dual qualified, they work Avionics as well.

There was no GEO in the failed TA, there was a $2.55 line premium. So the line mechanic in Tulsa would have recieved it but the Title II mechanic in New York and LAX would not.

GEO pay is a low cost item, as proposed by the Union I believe it was $5 million but for some reason the company is exteremely opposed to it even though it exists in several forms already. They give it to management and to the Union in the form of Market based "Flex starting rates".

$2.55 is pretty good, I would be ok with that but paying it as a GEO would be better than as Line pay because Tulsa line Mechanics don't live in a high cost of living area so In my opinion shouldn't get it anymore than the Overhaul Mechanics

I have worked both in the hangar and on the line over the last 24years.The line mechanic should definitely get more money than the hangar mechanic. The line mechanic has to deal with horrible weather elements and also the pressure to address squawks in a timely manner get the plane out on time on a quick turn. As a company you want experienced mechanics on the line so the extra pay will get them to bid the line. $2.55 line premium is excessive but maybe they can break it down $1hr to the line premium and $1.55 hr hour towards geo.

I have worked both in the hangar and on the line over the last 24years.The line mechanic should definitely get more money than the hangar mechanic. The line mechanic has to deal with horrible weather elements and also the pressure to address squawks in a timely manner get the plane out on time on a quick turn. As a company you want experienced mechanics on the line so the extra pay will get them to bid the line. $2.55 line premium is excessive but maybe they can break it down $1hr to the line premium and $1.55 hr hour towards geo.

Good point, don't want to take a delay.

Since you fella's are talking premium pay we may as well request that the skill premium be increased to match the A&P pay. We're only tallking about $1.55 per hour to make us "Even Steven".... :)

Back