Message to Retirees RE: Pass Policy

. What a waste of 25 years! :down: :down: :down: :down:
[/quote]

With that type of negativity, apparently you were a waste for 25 years.

No, a commuter should NOT have prioity over anybody else. You make your choice (not you specifically) to live out of base...deal with it.

3 scm's and you should be out the door.

No, a commuter should NOT have prioity over anybody else. You make your choice (not you specifically) to live out of base...deal with it.
Well, not everyone makes that choice. I have a friend here at AA who would love to live in Dallas where she is based. Unfortunately, she is the sole care for an aged parent who lives in Oklahoma and refuses to move. My friend would give up commuting to DFW in a second if she could, but she can't.

Ever heard of compromise? That is exactly the attitudes I'm talking about thru all this...some will like changes, some won't, but we all need to "deal with it." I was only making a statement...the needs of the company should come first...therefore, commuters should come first! PERIOD! They still WORK for the company and must get to their job bases or back home for a few days rest. Why not give them top priority? And NO, as stated by prior poster...not everyone has a choice in the matter.

Incorrect, my friend. Under the current HP pass travel policy you are checked in for the entire itinerary for the day. Two illustrative examples:

Bertha is non-revving JFK-LAX through PHX on HP-operated flights. F59 departs at 0945 with 15 open seats (yeah, right) and 17 non-revs listed, 5 of which are at her same priority (SA2P). Even though she absolutely will get on even if all revenue pax board because the remaining 12 non-revs are at a lower boarding priority (SA3P, SA4P, etc.), she elects to check-in online through AWACompass at 0630 prior to leaving for the airport. She is checked through on all flights, which is fair because she is traveling further than other non-revs connecting on the PHX flight to LAX. This way, if there is a seat available for her at her boarding priority she is less likely to be bumped and those of us in PHX can easily go home or wait for the next flight.

Julio wants to go LAS-SAN for the day. He lists for the 0915 departure and 1845 return. When he checks in online at 0515 because he can't sleep from the stress of worrying over whether or not he'll be able to get on his flight, he is checked in for his return as well. This situation allows him to enjoy more time with the honeys in SAN because he doesn't have to get back to the ATO as early to check-in.

If you mean, can a person list on multiple flights, such as in the DFW-ORD market. Technically, yes but there is no need to. If you are listed and checked in for the first flight of the day and you don't get on and you have presented yourself in person at the gate podium, you are automatically rolled over to the standby list for the next flight. In addition, you take priority over the people who are just checked in for that next flight.

Also, I understand that the company is cracking down on "non-rev" abuse--such as listing oneself on multiple flights--because it messes up load estimates, etc. It is technically a violation of corporate travel policy to multi-list.

A couple of other things the company is cracking down on...
1. Say you are a f/a or pilot, and you are non-revving home at the end of your sequence, but you will be in the air when the 4-hour window for check-in is reached; so, you have someone else sign on to the computer with your id and password and check you in for the flight. Termination offense--2 times. Violation of corporate non-rev travel policy (first come, first served applies always within a category) and you gave your computer password to another person. Violation of corporate computer security policy.
2. Same situation, but you list and check in for a flight that will depart before you arrive at base because you know that you will roll over to the standby list for the flight you want, but at a higher priority than the people who just listed for that flight. (This should not happen because of the "present yourself at the gate podium" rule, but the poor agents are so short staffed and overworked these days that they don't have time to purge the standby list of no shows most of the time. They just roll the entire "leftover" list to the next flight.)

If you mean, can a person list on multiple flights, such as in the DFW-ORD market. Technically, yes but there is no need to. If you are listed and checked in for the first flight of the day and you don't get on and you have presented yourself in person at the gate podium, you are automatically rolled over to the standby list for the next flight. In addition, you take priority over the people who are just checked in for that next flight.

Also, I understand that the company is cracking down on "non-rev" abuse--such as listing oneself on multiple flights--because it messes up load estimates, etc. It is technically a violation of corporate travel policy to multi-list.

A couple of other things the company is cracking down on...
1. Say you are a f/a or pilot, and you are non-revving home at the end of your sequence, but you will be in the air when the 4-hour window for check-in is reached; so, you have someone else sign on to the computer with your id and password and check you in for the flight. Termination offense--2 times. Violation of corporate non-rev travel policy (first come, first served applies always within a category) and you gave your computer password to another person. Violation of corporate computer security policy.
2. Same situation, but you list and check in for a flight that will depart before you arrive at base because you know that you will roll over to the standby list for the flight you want, but at a higher priority than the people who just listed for that flight. (This should not happen because of the "present yourself at the gate podium" rule, but the poor agents are so short staffed and overworked these days that they don't have time to purge the standby list of no shows most of the time. They just roll the entire "leftover" list to the next flight.)

AW employees who at this time have such a total disregard for seniority and everything that comes with it will someday regret this opinion and any actions that they have taken to give seniority less meaning.

In fifteen or twenty years when they finally get some seniority and they find out that it means nothing, they will have no one to blame but themselves.

In the future listen to those who whine the loudest about seniority issues and you will know who fought the hardest to make those issues meaningless.

Linemech

Dougie has some contractual issues he has to address regarding the f/as 25/45 contractual terms, retirees, and VFLR that states "boarding priority as active employees".

Sorry charlies...Dougie can't change contractual langauge because of his notions on "revenue dilution" pollution.

Pitbull,
That was addressed in the 12.12.05 USNOW...I'll try to paste it here, but not sure that it will work.

Effective in early '06, retirees will board following active employees, with the exception of a group of flight attendant retirees who have a specific contractual right to board like active employees. This eliminates the active boarding priority for retirees with 20 years or more

(I just drank my Kool-Aid)

Just as a side note - irregardless of what he said, I would say at least it is admirable that he actually is attempting to address the concerns of people who are no longer working for the company.....

That's just what managment does on these boards...How kind.

As an a side to your a side: Retirees, family members, relatives, neighbors, friends are potential customers, and all the people they effect. Bad employee relations, disregard of retirees, and employees who ARE NOT NEW, are devalued by MANAGEMENT as evidenced by comments on these boards with respect to "years of service".

As I say to managment on these boards...GO POUND SALT ON THE EDGE OF A CLIFF IN A TORNADO. :angry:

No. Many employees do not choose to live out of base, but rather are forced through mutiple displacements due to base closures and downsizing of a base and flying time. This is the case on East operation. West has no idea what its like to be displaced.

However, WELCOME to a legacy carrier with multiple bases. B)

No. Many employees do not choose to live out of base, but rather are forced through mutiple displacements due to base closures and downsizing of a base and flying time. This is the case on East operation. West has no idea what its like to be displaced.

However, WELCOME to a legacy carrier with multiple bases. B)

Poop happens, just ask any retiree! Everything has been either taken away, modified, or more cost intensive and now senority too! Can anyone tell me what percentage of active employees actually commute? One would think every active employee is trying to get to work on a weekly basis from the posts? Let's change the policy for the minority so it affects the majority in a negative fashion. Sounds like brain surgery to me!

As I say to managment on these boards...GO POUND SALT ON THE EDGE OF A CLIFF IN A TORNADO. :angry:

I think a simple tornado would do the trick....

I mean you could have just screamed, die you dirty bastards die and rot in hell!!!

:lol:

Back