Michael Groff Jr

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
Michael Groff Receives Lung Transplant

A few months back we posted a collection for Michael Groff, grandson of retired PVD station manager Enos Groff.
We are happy to say that after a few set backs, Michael successfully received his lung transplant Wednesday morning.
Michael will be heavily sedated for the next several days. We will post Michael's address so that friends can send him cards as soon as the family sends it to us.
Enos and his family would like to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts for their grandson Michael.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

STORY POSTED "BACK IN FEBRUARY":

I would like to encourage everyone to read a letter we received about Michael Groff Jr., Grandson for retired PVD US Air station manager Enos Groff. Michael is struggling with Cystic Fibrosis and has to cover the some of his high medical expenses.
Please read the letter and if you wish to donate to help the Groff Family, you may send your donation to the address on the letter or you may donate here on our site.

http://www.justplanenews.com/pnews/headlines/173118377.html

only stating opinions

Thanks for the posting. I remember reading that on this board in February and I wanted to post but could not get this site to work. I am keenly interested as my only child is a 5 year old boy with CF. He is doing quite well but the end game will be a lung transplant unless the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation can keep coming up with new drugs/therapies with partnerships in development with bio-tech drug companies.

I am from the west and would like to send them some money and perhaps talk to them. Can you send me some info on how to do this?

Thanks

thank you for the update. for anyone who knows Mr. Enos Groff formally Mgr of the PVD station for many years this is great news for his family and all other families dealing with this ailment. we come to work do our job and go home.. but in it all is an EXTENDED FAMILY. people who care not just for the customer who flys us but the co worker we share our feelings with and our everyday concerns. we are a family. that is something the company will never take away from us.

I am from the west and would like to send them some money and perhaps talk to them. Can you send me some info on how to do this?
Thanks

Friends of Michael Groff Jr.
and mail to:

Enos Groff
34 Flagg Ave.
Warwick, RI 02886-4425

Phone number ?????.....try calling the station Manager in PVD. Good Luck.

only stating opinions.

This is awesome news.....do you know which transplant center he got the surgery at? My godson is a CF patient who has had several liver transplants and a kidney transplant.....as a young adult now, he may be looking at needing new lungs. Thanks!

Thanks for the posting. I remember reading that on this board in February and I wanted to post but could not get this site to work. I am keenly interested as my only child is a 5 year old boy with CF. He is doing quite well but the end game will be a lung transplant unless the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation can keep coming up with new drugs/therapies with partnerships in development with bio-tech drug companies.

Thanks

My prayers go out Michael Groff Jr. and your son 73320. I lost a beautiful friend to CF at 19. I hope they keep plugging away til this terrible disease can be beaten.

Latest posts