Might American consider an Asian hub

AA cannot start a hub anywhere in Japan because the bilateral agreement allows 2 Japanese carriers (JL, NH fifth freedom rights and 2 American carriers 5th freedom rights (DL & UA). UA & DL can fly from any American city to Japan and onward from Japan and carry paying passengers on each leg (as long as the country on the other side of Japan allow this).

AA can possibly start at hub at SIN but that would cost them a whole lot of money.

Yep, and with AA having the premier Japanese airline in an antitrust immunity arrangement just like AA/BA/IB, why on earth would AA want to set up its own hub in Japan even if gates and slots were free for the taking? All those airplanes would cost money.

The OP is woefully undereducated about how AA (and worldwide airlines in general) conduct business. Nothing that finishing high school, completing a college degree and several decades of life experience can't fix.

Exactly AA has already set up the best partners across both the Atlantic & Pacific there is no need for a Int'l hub and with the addition of the 777-300 and 787 more point to point service seems to be the direction they are headed.

No, you're not a kid. But you write like one. Some of your thread topics would get tossed even at airliners.net.

It's obvious you're never flown AA (or any other airline) to Tokyo. So why are you pontificating about what AA should do there?
LOL! "He Has a Vision". He needs to lay off the Fruit Loops and maybe He will think more CLEARLY.

Reactions: 1 person
Shut up! I am not a kid. I was born in 1984. So stop saying that I am one!

That's odd. Last week you claimed to be 37:

Yes I am a US citizen and I am 37. And I do know what I am talking about. Like read some rumors on the web that say the airlines might merge.

Maybe you took math at the Barack Obama Math Academy, by which the US has more than 57 states, therefore 27 or 28 is really 37?....

If you're going to lie about who you are on the internet, at least be consistent.

I suspect that the OP is actually in his 60s and lived in Houston for a while.

That's odd. Last week you claimed to be 37:

Maybe you took math at the Barack Obama Math Academy, by which the US has more than 57 states, therefore 27 or 28 is really 37?....

If you're going to lie about who you are on the internet, at least be consistent.
That would Be George Bush and his fuzzy math class.

Latest posts