Minimum Wage Law

famous clients yes including those you don't agree with so you bring up what they may or not say at private dinners here

Learn to read and comprehend.

And to rat, what Ryan said was not for secret, as the 150 guests were there and allowed to tell others what Ryan said.

Were you there?

Nope.

700UW said:
I do a great job and have a lot of famous clients, try again.  Its called downtime and having a smartphone, something you wouldnt know about.  And I dont have any events till this afternoon, so Im posting on my time.

I was adding to the topic, something you NEVER do, as its relevant.

And I guess you dont understand simple math, six figures is from $100,000 to $999,999, not too hard for you to understand now is it?  Did your certificate class not cover that?

Nope we treat them very well and pay a living wage, if they want a union, I wouldnt fight them.
And just how many of those "Clients" belong to a union?
And if just one of them doesn't, your a hypocrite!

southwind said:
And just how many of those "Clients" belong to a union?
And if just one of them doesn't, your a hypocrite!
Some are some aren't. And only 13% of workers are unionized.

So are all the companies you do business with non-union?

If not your the hypocrite.

Do you non-rev on DL?

700UW said:
Learn to read and comprehend.

And to rat, what Ryan said was not for secret, as the 150 guests were there and allowed to tell others what Ryan said.

Were you there?

Nope.
no Mr Smug  I wasn't there and I have my doubts about what the 150 guest could tell or not. However apparently non of them choose too
Only someone paid to be there choose to and did so because of his hate of all things republican well of course except their money.

If I had put on that event and seen you had shown the lack of professionalism you did in putting his remarks at a private function in a public forum you wouldn't have to worry about working anymore of my events. 

Reactions: 3 people

The U.S. House speaker, Paul Ryan, is scheduled to have a private campaign luncheon in Fayetteville next week.

Ryan, a 46-year-old Wisconsin representative, will be the keynote speaker to VIP guests who are expected to shell out between $1,000 and $10,000 apiece.

According to a flier, the North Carolina Republican delegation from Washington, D.C., is inviting donors for the March 29 event in Fayetteville. The Fayetteville Observer on Tuesday obtained a copy of the flier, which does not disclose the location of the luncheon.

The event will be closed to the media, said the speaker's press secretary, Zack Roday.

So touching you two care so much about me.

Plus there was no non-disclosure signed, as I have signed them before for events.

Kev3188 said:
You sure you don't want to walk that last part back?
Maybe you should move on my side of the tracks, because I might not be looking at it from your picket fence. I live among them and that is the least I see.

700UW said:
Hate to burst your bubble and your lame attempt at an insult, but I manage a small business that brings in over six figures a year and employ about 25 people.
BrAvO...clap....clap...so what happens when you are forced to pay these workers $15 an hour? Let me guess...the employees make over $15  an hour already! Yay!

Do they get a raise to offset their salary as to not let minimum wage catch up to them?

700UW said:
Some are some aren't. And only 13% of workers are unionized.

So are all the companies you do business with non-union?

If not your the hypocrite.

Do you non-rev on DL?
Quick, somebody give 700 a mirror, because he is a closet Republican!

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
Older folks... Single parents (actually, any parents, really)... People that may not qualify for the armed services for whatever reason...

For options, I would like to see things like the CCC or WPA coming back as well. Lord knows there's plenty of infrastructure work to do...

I would like to see higher education costs vastly reduced, and I'm happy to pay my share.

If nothing else, we need to bridge the "training gap." There are jobs out there, but people's skill sets don't match them. Why not invest in that, and get people in the trades?

Will that cost $$$? Yep. But guess what? We're already paying. We either help our fellow Americans up, or we pay for them to be on assistance, or in jail.

Yea, sounds great. Is there anyway that the burden is off my back?
I pay my 'fair share' plus.
The tax break for people under $250K is a myth.
Unfortunately, the gooberment will suck up any changes into pork, and we have to pay for that too.

FWAAA said:
I agree with Kev3188 that we need more government programs to get the low-skilled into higher-wage jobs thru education and job training. It's undeniable that people with marketable skills don't need a min wage - they graduate from education or job training programs, show up and start at more than min wage.

The reality is that there will always be some no-skill or low-skill jobs that just aren't "worth" high wages. For people in that boat, government programs to supplement their income may be the best method to keep them out of poverty.

My view is that no arbitrary increase in the mandated minimum wage will actually help the working poor to gain ground on higher-paid workers; people performing work that is not highly valued won't suddenly become more valuable simply because government has decreed that their work is suddenly "valuable."

If the federal minimum of $7.25/hr is doubled to $15/hr, the person currently paid $15/hr (perhaps the supervisor of those entry-level employees) will no doubt demand (and obtain) a healthy, probably large, raise, the effect of which will keep a vast gulf between the entry-level employee who now must be paid $15/hr and their supervisor who was already worth double the entry-level wage.

Why am I so confident that everyone above the entry-level wage will get large raises when the entry-level min wage is increased? By definition, the higher-paid employees have already demonstrated success at demanding and obtaining higher wages. The only people who can't demand and get more than the min wage are those lacking skills sufficient to convince the employer to pay them more.

If society wants to improve the take-home pay of the low-skill working poor, the best way to do it is thru targeted programs like the earned income tax credit, not by decree.

It's not that I'm against the working poor getting more money for their work - I don't believe that the working poor will catch up as a result of a higher mandated minimum.

A higher min wage is very popular, especially among those with no skills or low-skills: the people whose skills are insufficient to enable them to demand higher pay.

Remember the high-tech company whose CEO decided that the new min wage at his company would be $70k? That progressive decision isn't without controversy at his company.

Thanks Kev &  FWAAA.
Good perspective.
Now if the gooberment thought that way.... :LOL:
B) xUT

(Now back to our regular scheduled ***** fest... :p )

xUT said:
Yea, sounds great. Is there anyway that the burden is off my back?
I pay my 'fair share' plus.

The way I see it, it's a burden when it's paying for people to sit idle (or in jail). It's an investment if we are talking about paying for ways to help them lift themselves out of poverty.

Thanks Kev &  FWAAA.
Good perspective.
Now if the gooberment thought that way.... :LOL:
B) xUT

(Now back to our regular scheduled #### fest... :p )
Lol.