Negotiations........why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMFAinMIAMI said:

Albert  Are you serious? you would be happy to go back to just 2001.

That is the mind set we need to change. It's 2015 if you didn't realise it, our current contract does not become amendable until 2018. Contract talks usually take couple of yrs. Do you want to have a 20yr contract. get real!!!! 
I was referring to sick,holiday and vacation time. excuse me for changing the subject this new 401 who's paying those fees they are showing? at US we never paid anything.

This is the same CEO who gave the FAs the extra $81 million after they voted it down.

And they are projected to make the biggest profit ever in the industry, and have $10 billion of cash on hand and is still buying back stock increasing its value.

Is This Pike the character that wears a cowboy hat a always carrying a gun. What an idiot, along with Bobowens and Peterson ( want to be company man but rejected two or three time). I have no use for these self proclaimed leaders that can't negotiate there way out of a paper bag. But I blame the membership for electing these fools over and over again.

700UW said:
This is the same CEO who gave the FAs the extra $81 million after they voted it down.

And they are projected to make the biggest profit ever in the industry, and have $10 billion of cash on hand and is still buying back stock increasing its value.
Here's the difference.....Pilots and F/A's have NO outsourcing threat. Their job scopes are less complicated than that of maintenance. They have no central OH with many different job descriptions. Pilots and F/A's are all LINE employees. They have never been divided against OH pilots and f/a's. Yes the company is making huge profits, but outsourcing heavy checks as well as dozens of different types of work are a main factor in ensuring those huge profits.

And the other big difference as to why this CEO gave them something he DID NOT have to.......THEY EACH WENT WITH ONE UNION, THE LARGER ONE!!!!!   NO ASSOCIATION TO HINDER THE PROCESS!

Reactions: 1 person
No outsourcing threat?

Guess you havent seen the CRJs and ERJs, that fly numerous routes for AA/US, let me give you a hint, they arent flown by mainline pilots and staffed by mainline FAs.

You know what I mean,, they have no OH, namely TULE to deal with.  No one ever said they did not lose anything in their contract. Nothing compares to what aircraft maintenance has to deal with. Nothing compares to the jobs and loss work experienced by those in aircraft maintenance. There are dozens and dozens of areas which comprise maintenance.
Pilots FLY the aircraft....nothing else. F/A's work the cabin, NOTHING else. 

Do you need me to remind you how large PIT once was and how many people worked there in its heyday?
Do you need me to remind you how many aircraft mechanics and other ground workers commute to PHL?

No, they have:
Mesa, Republic, PSA, Piedmont, ExpressJet, SkyWest, Endeavor, TransStates, etc.....

There are thousands of RJ flight a day, flown by non-AA pilots and staffed non-AA FAs, every day, where have you been?

Lets see US has closed numerous Pilot and FA bases.

700UW said:
No, they have:
Mesa, Republic, PSA, Piedmont, ExpressJet, SkyWest, Endeavor, TransStates, etc.....

There are thousands of RJ flight a day, flown by non-AA pilots and staffed non-AA FAs, every day, where have you been?

Lets see US has closed numerous Pilot and FA bases.
You really only see what you want to. How can you compare outsourcing OH to pilot jobs and f/a jobs.  In it's hey day, there were double the number of mechanics at AA. We have not even HALF of what we once.  I have not seen pilot or f/a numbers diminish by HALF.
\BTW I have been a mechanic for 40 years...........How about you?

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn't tulsa have many OSM's that are not part of the raise since they are not mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts