Negotiations........why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DNTULSA said:
This thread title needs to be changed to "Why no Negotiations?"
I believe that the in-fighting between those that refer to themselves as unions and re-dubbed themselves as the Association, because I guess they want to be like AMFA, are holding up everything.

Reactions: 1 person
2ndGENAMT said:
Just a little Saber rattling from the International.

A little bit bold, now how are they going to look when they can't deliver? That's like promising a Superbowl ring  in training camp

Reactions: 1 person
I disagree, I have been told the OSM's  did not get any raises in the last raise we just received. 

The OSM did receive a raise, however they only received the Chart Rate of 3% and therefore an averaging calculation was not accomplished.  

Albert said:
A little bit bold, now how are they going to look when they can't deliver? That's like promising a Superbowl ring  in training camp
How long have you been a TWU member? The people who have been shoving contracts down our throats for 30 plus years don't care about what they can deliver, all they care about is what they can get 50% +1 to go for, after that it's "You Voted For It"!!

Reactions: 6 people
2ndGENAMT said:
How long have you been a TWU member? The people who have been shoving contracts down our throats for 30 plus years don't care about what they can deliver, all they care about is what they can get 50% +1 to go for, after that it's "You Voted For It"!!
Quite possible, but why not repeat 1983's contract? Keep the facility which is of little or no cost and have a new "B-Scale" ?

11059710_10207791292644708_1051918792371374324_n.jpg

700UW said:
leading industry? not sure about you but im working under a bankruptcy contract. screw you and your little while its been 15 years for us. again fu@k you get into negotiations now or get out of the way.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh here comes the promises again.  First he says the union WILL get you guys "industry leading" contract.  Then he goes into it explaining that there is more than just money in an industry leading contract, work rules, vac, hol, ect...  This tells me he is promising everything in your contract to be industry leading.  By his own explanation looks like you guys will be getting all your concessions that were taken before.   We shall see.  Here's to hoping you guys get the best contract out there...

Reactions: 2 people
All the wishing and wanting for the negotiations to get under way aren't going to make it happen.

They are keeping what they are talking about the (assoc) under wraps and until that is disclosed we will be kept in the dark. Just part of the course for these two unions.

As I have said along with many others here, there is so much that the Asoc. has to get worked out on its own for them to even think about going into talks with DP.

DP is NOT going to talk with two unions which represent ONE work group. Each work group and its bs teams are just meeting and spinning their wheels. The Assoc. leaders just like our past reps. the TWU Intl. are the ones who will talk to DP and Company team.

For those of you in Local 591, has GP asked any of you what your thoughts are about what you would like to see or want? What will be acceptable? 

They haven't even said much about our equity or prefunding money, you think that the language in the contract that is going to be a BIG part in your future is just going to happen over night. 

Just because Delta is giving them $$$$$ when has AA given you anything other than Two slices of Pizza and a coke and made you think your getting the world?

Delta + 7% or more that is what most are looking at but the question is over how long of a contract is DP planning on that to Happen? A $10.00 hr raise over a 10yr life contract is what? Nothing. Won't even keep up with countries inflation.

"YES" we all want $$$$ but rushing this contract into negotiations is NOT what you really want is it? 

CAL/UAL have been at it for yrs NOW, Same union, IBT, what makes you think the TWU or IAM are any different? US spent how much time over the last 4 yrs to get what they got last yr? They even went thru an IBT vote to shed the IAM, as well.

They want to get it right because if they Don't what is Going to be your response? The AFL-CIO will not be able to save them right? It's all about the dues for them, and you all know that. The Assoc. or the TWU or the IAM are business which wants to survive. 

Reactions: 3 people
Parker keeps saying he's ready. ASSOCIATION has yet to come up with a real time frame to meet with the company. In the meantime dues keep flowing to the twu and iam. We as members are losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars as the weeks and months go by. None of this loss is recoverable. Most important reason this Association was formed was to keep the iam pension fund solvent. Imagine having the company openly tell you they want to give you double digit pay increase and make us the highest paid but yet our union that is being paid by the members to better represent us over non union workers is stalling. The association knows jobs will be lost and that will cost the unions money. Both unions have contracts so what's the rush? Just look at UAL/CAL. 5 years and counting. Our own union is screwing us not the company. Anyone still think this Association was a good idea?

Reactions: 5 people
From what I read between the lines of the email that 700UW received. I see the old, money for jobs mentality. We all at AA knows how this has always played out. The company gets it's cake and eats it too.

Screw it, I want the money, seven weeks of vacation, double time, double and a half for holidays worked, flex vacation, all 10 previous holidays we had and profit sharing!

One more thing, I don't want to hear the old cries of "we can't ask for that, it will cost the company too much money" or " don't you want your butt time? if we ask for those wages, you won't get your butt time". I've heard those kinds of comments from our union leaders over the past 29 years and I'm freaking tired of it.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.