New AA Livery?

those were awesome.... i know the shiny look is our "thing" but maybe if we ever get a 787 we can get something trendy since it is made from composite materials.

eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Why on earth does every enthusiast who can use Photoshop think that AA needs a new livery?...

The current livery is simply timeless. Bringing back the lightning bolt might be OK, but this ultra-hip/modern crap ages pretty quickly.

Why on earth does every enthusiast who can use Photoshop think that AA needs a new livery?...

The current livery is simply timeless. Bringing back the lightning bolt might be OK, but this ultra-hip/modern crap ages pretty quickly.
I agree, nothing like that Silver Bird. just look at how many times UA and US have changed colors trying to reinvent themselves, They still look like shite if you ask me.

Our AA jets are tired and worn out...There is nothing classic about the faded stripes and old stale logo.
Marketing and branding has been our weak link for 20plus years-

I would love the 757-200 option, we are way overdue for a fresh look

Have to agree with you on this one FM. Let other airlines waste their money on new paint schemes.

Our AA jets are tired and worn out...There is nothing classic about the faded stripes and old stale logo.
Marketing and branding has been our weak link for 20plus years-

I would love the 757-200 option, we are way overdue for a fresh look

If the stripes are faeded that's when you put a fresh coat of paint on it. As for the logo there's nothing stale about the AA Eagle.

I like the shiny aluminum as much as the next person here but as someone pointed out, composite does not quite have the same look so the decision might be made for us.

Given the options above, I like the 3 square look of the 757-200. The wave options do not have the right look for AA in my opinion.

If we were able to keep the shiny aluminum look, I'd like to bring back the lighting bolt. I have seen the retro 757 and 737 and really like the look.

Having worked in this industry over 26 years <yikes> I still have to say the AA "Silver Bird" is the BEST livery. Certain logos can stand alone and are timeless: the AA trademark and eagle, the United shield,and the Pan Am globe are classic examples. Delta had the widget and decided to scap it....learn from their mistake! I may NOT work for AA but you are still my #1 choice when I need to get a ride!

Why would AA want to spend 80,000 dollars or more per plane in order to burn more fuel? Polished aluminum is the most economical exterior livery. It also makes the customer think that a shiny airplane is a well maintained airplane.

"NO CHANGE".... Nada, Zip, Silencio, Fuhgettiboutit !!!!!!!!!

However, if AA were to "persue" a certain other legacy, the "new" look might apply :shock: :shock: :shock:

FWAAA ????????

NH/BB's

I would have to say no to changing the AA livery. The silver bird is something that everyone associates with American. While those new liveries look nice, they just don't work for AA.

By the way, someone mentioned United earlier. I personally like the new livery, much more interesting than the older one.

Latest posts

Back