New Vote o Video from Local Presidents

Latest update;
Jim Ream in LGA to sell the contract. He told the guys at LGA that this was a good deal for the Line because it would allow the company to outsource the costly work at the bases. That six years from now, with all that work sent out we will have a more secure future.

I dont think he swayed anybody.

At the expense of being accused of stirring the pot, I would still like to see how EVERY local voted on last LBO...

Why have we not seen those numbers? Who is being tweaked? They are down to changing the minds of 600-700 memebers.
I would hope that the 2000 members who were too busy or didn't care enough to vote on the last one begin to care.

The Tulsa local is vehemently urging a YES vote trying to instill fear into its members that the once the line becomes the majority that they are somehow doomed.

Classic playing one against the other. Hopefully the majority will see thru the ploy. It's like the magical reappearance of the "prefunding balance" on your jetnet home page. Rheems payday depends on him "deliviring" the maintenance vote.

Latest update;
Jim Ream in LGA to sell the contract. He told the guys at LGA that this was a good deal for the Line because it would allow the company to outsource the costly work at the bases. That six years from now, with all that work sent out we will have a more secure future.
Considering what Ream said, logic would dictate that the bases would be more against this LBO than the line. Perhaps someone in one of the meetings today in Tulsa could get a response from the TWU on Ream's comments.

Proud to report 1 more "NO" vote from AFW. I`m going down swingin`

Just received my ballot. Did the right thing VOTED NO. Thanks Presidents for your efforts to get respect from the AA.

So lets sum this up. It's a bad deal anyway but lets look at this. Upper management is telling the line guys that they have a better deal than the bases. The base union leadership (Tulsa) is telling the guys that the line guys hate them. That this is the best that we can do. The union leadership (Tulsa) is siding with the company and instilling FEAR and INTIMIDATION to get the YES votes they need to pass this through. Can someone with at least half a brain explain to the folks in Tulsa that are voting yes that this is the end of our careers as we know it. Article 42 is TOTALLY removed. Are you friggin kidding me???? Jobs in Tulsa will be outsourced, the base will shrink. Jobs lost and the union is allowing this to happen with vague language. VOTE NO and have some dignity. Lets keep on negotiating. What happened to FIGHT LIKE HELL?

I voted NO, again!
Some say it is a personal choice. I say BULL.
It is a career choice.
It is an industry choice.
It is a choice to save your dignity.
It is a choice to step up and save your profession.
It is a choice to preserve your self respect.
It is a choice to do the right thing.

That choice is to vote NO!!!

Considering what Ream said, logic would dictate that the bases would be more against this LBO than the line. Perhaps someone in one of the meetings today in Tulsa could get a response from the TWU on Ream's comments.

The ignorant leaders in Tulsa still believe they are saving jobs.
They are unable to see that 35% outsourcing and no job security is massive job loss now and much more to come later.

But the truth is that the Line AMT's are not the enemy, the lack of productivity, the lack of accountability, the lack of leadership skills from both management and union is the overhaul enemy.
We are sitting by watching them take our pay, take our benefits, while nothing in the daily operational dysfunction changes.
Management and Union both are more interested in preservation of Institutional Politics than preservation of the overhaul base.

I justed voted NO!

The membership voted for these individuals in the video to negotiate/represent the membership. The majority of the negotiators and experters/attorneys are consistently telling us to accept the offer. Even Owens by his own admission says the "me to clause" could/would/did come to the same conclusion after this last round of talks.

Ever since Owens and the others have been here they have yet to be on a winning team. If I understand correctly AA offered us a 2 year extension when we first started section 6 openers with 25,000 to 28,000 thousand dollars more money for each member and they choose not to allow us the members to vote. They were afraid the members would vote yes!!!

How many times do you listen to these individuals before you start to understand they are clueless on how to negotiate!!! I did not hear one thing that indicated they could do any better if we vote no. But, they did say we would be a lot worse off if we do vote no!!

They have so much hatred and have spent their whole life tearing everyone and everything down. They really don't understand how to build an effective team when it really matters to the membership!!!!

Do you think just maybe the 9 individuals have a better understanding, then the 7 who voted no and then came out against the 9? Can you tell me one instance where Owens/Peterson/Pike have been on a winning team?

If they think they deserve better why haven't they just gone to work for one of the other Airlines? Could it be? They have burnt so many bridges no one will hire them???? I know they have consistently burnt bridges here at AA!!!!!!

How many times have these individuals cried Wolf? Don't blame me, its not my fault!!!

Yes!!! It is Bobs/Pettersons/Pikes fault!!! When are you going to stand up and tell us you screwed up!!!!

InSolidarity,

CIO

The membership voted for these individuals in the video to negotiate/represent the membership. The majority of the negotiators and experters/attorneys are consistently telling us to accept the offer. Even Owens by his own admission says the "me to clause" could/would/did come to the same conclusion after this last round of talks.

Ever since Owens and the others have been here they have yet to be on a winning team. If I understand correctly AA offered us a 2 year extension when we first started section 6 openers with 25,000 to 28,000 thousand dollars more money for each member and they choose not to allow us the members to vote. They were afraid the members would vote yes!!!

How many times do you listen to these individuals before you start to understand they are clueless on how to negotiate!!! I did not hear one thing that indicated they could do any better if we vote no. But, they did say we would be a lot worse off if we do vote no!!

They have so much hatred and have spent their whole life tearing everyone and everything down. They really don't understand how to build an effective team when it really matters to the membership!!!!

Do you think just maybe the 9 individuals have a better understanding, then the 7 who voted no and then came out against the 9? Can you tell me one instance where Owens/Peterson/Pike have been on a winning team?

If they think they deserve better why haven't they just gone to work for one of the other Airlines? Could it be? They have burnt so many bridges no one will hire them???? I know they have consistently burnt bridges here at AA!!!!!!

How many times have these individuals cried Wolf? Don't blame me, its not my fault!!!

Yes!!! It is Bobs/Pettersons/Pikes fault!!! When are you going to stand up and tell us you screwed up!!!!

InSolidarity,

CIO

Well said I remember the extension that was flat out turned down! I felt it was a mistake back then

The extension that you spoke of was in 2007. If Owens got in office in 2009, and Peterson in 2011. Tell me how it was their fault what the previous Presidents did?

The extension that you spoke of was in 2007. If Owens got in office in 2009, and Peterson in 2011. Tell me how it was their fault what the previous Presidents did?
I've been here 22 years and its been nothing but givebacks.Oh wait, the one decent contract was when amfa was about to run the TWU out of town.

Back