" NO DEAL "

DL/ALPA says NO DEAL with NW !

NW would have been INSANE to participate in what looked like a 75/25, maybe 90/10 deal for DL.

Great news! Now maybe AA can push through their 75% pay increase they are trying for since THAT is what the industry needs right now. Not silly consolidation.

Dear Delta Cabin Crew,

I now believe NW/Delta will not merge. However, I suggest you use this "opportunity" to secure your adult, professional voice in ANY decision about your future regarding a merger. No other airline in America bares it back to the boot of corporate management like Delta FAs. American corporations have a LONG history of SLAVERY.....literally. They stigmatized a whole segment of HUMANS for it (the only nation in HUMAN history to enSLAVE humans based on "color").

The next company that comes along may be far more combative than NW in demanding NON UNION personnel go to the bottom of the list. Protect yourselves. DO NOT LISTEN to those who stand to gain from your vulnerability as a NON UNION work force...you WILL loose in the long run.

Good Luck,

See ya on a layover!

NxNW

American corporations have a LONG history of SLAVERY.....literally. They stigmatized a whole segment of HUMANS for it (the only nation in HUMAN history to enSLAVE humans based on "color").

Somebody needs a history lesson! Slavery has been around since biblical times, and even before then.... since the beginning of human history, it has existed in one form or another, and has most often been based ethnic and racial characteristics. Where do you come up with this stuff?

The next company that comes along may be far more combative than NW in demanding NON UNION personnel go to the bottom of the list. Protect yourselves. DO NOT LISTEN to those who stand to gain from your vulnerability as a NON UNION work force...you WILL loose in the long run.

When and if there comes a time that the F/A's at Delta feel that they need to organize, they will. However, we need to remember that while it is your right to unionize, it is also your right NOT to unionize. Groups who choose not to unionize should not be taunted, penalized, or treated poorly for exercising their rights. A union group demanding non-union personnel to the bottom of the list would be absolutely reprehensible, and I'd like to think that the management at Delta would be the first to reject a merger agreement if it included this kind of arrogance and unfairness.

Either way, the F/A's at Delta are a strong group, and strong they will remain!

Somebody needs a history lesson! Slavery has been around since biblical times, and even before then.... since the beginning of human history, it has existed in one form or another, and has most often been based ethnic and racial characteristics. Where do you come up with this stuff?

When and if there comes a time that the F/A's at Delta feel that they need to organize, they will. However, we need to remember that while it is your right to unionize, it is also your right NOT to unionize. Groups who choose not to unionize should not be taunted, penalized, or treated poorly for exercising their rights. A union group demanding non-union personnel to the bottom of the list would be absolutely reprehensible, and I'd like to think that the management at Delta would be the first to reject a merger agreement if it included this kind of arrogance and unfairness.

Either way, the F/A's at Delta are a strong group, and strong they will remain!

Practice up on your eyesight, comprehension, or knowledge of History......Put your FACTS where your fantasy is...NAME ONE ancient society that based SLAVERY on "race" (I have a degree in history, so make it good) Slavery, has ALWAYS been based on "capture" NEVER on RACE or COLOR!

That is Until the invention of the US of A. Clearly, the need for a HISTORY lesson does not apply to me.

We will await your FACTUAL example (and don't think I will forget)......

As to your second part...Best to remember Delta is/ may NOT be in a position to dictate what happens to it's NON Union personnel.

p.s. You state "Slavery has been around since biblical times, and even before then". What evidence do you have to present?

Are you referring to the Paleolithic, Mesolithic, or post Neolithic periods? Pre-Egyptian, Mesopotamian era? Or pre- European arrival to the USA?

Yippie!!! I'm glad it's over :up:
New Hamshire Black Bears your prayers were answered. Maybe one day AMR will takeover NW like you're hoping for.
Now do us a favor and go wave your pom poms somewhere else. :p :p

38,000 VERY angry, and smart NW employees will be MARCHING to their OWN beat for a LONG time to come. It is quite comical that airlines in worse shape than NW thinking they can "swallow it".

We are 82 years old for a reason...OLDER on the international field than ANY American carrier. I'd suggest you learn from us vs. dreaming about owning us...THAT... is a dream.

I predict you will see a RED TAIL around the world for decades to come (I can not promise you that regarding the other American carriers)

Put your FACTS where your fantasy is...NAME ONE ancient society that based SLAVERY on "race"

Umm.... the holocaust wasn't based on race? I'm sure there was some slavery in there, right? I admit, I'm not the historian here. But I'd rather conceed the point than split hairs.

American corporations have a LONG history of SLAVERY.....literally. They stigmatized a whole segment of HUMANS for it...

I guess I'm just curious as to specifically which American corporations out there "enslave" their employees? I don't know of any corporation that doesn't allow somebody to quit if they no longer want to work, but I'm sure you'll enlighten me.

Yippie!!! I'm glad it's over

Me too! NW is tainted, negative, and they would have cast their dye into a good clear system. Collective relief across the board!

We are 82 years old for a reason...OLDER on the international field than ANY American carrier. I'd suggest you learn from us vs. dreaming about owning us...THAT... is a dream.

I predict you will see a RED TAIL around the world for decades to come

For your sake, I hope you're right. But, I'm sure I've heard those words somewhere before??? I think it was my friends at TWA, or was it Pan AM? I can't recall, but you're the historian, you should know.

Umm.... the holocaust wasn't based on race? I'm sure there was some slavery in there, right? I admit, I'm not the historian here. But I'd rather conceed the point than split hairs.

The Germans were ORDERED (like ours) to annihilate JEWS (primarily) that denotes an ETHNOCENTRIC religious focus. It was not a race.

I guess I'm just curious as to specifically which American corporations out there "enslave" their employees? I don't know of any corporation that doesn't allow somebody to quit if they no longer want to work, but I'm sure you'll enlighten me.

Well, for one..the production of COTTON put the USA on the economic map for the FIRST time in history. THANKS to AMERICAN BLACK SLAVES. It was that economic might that launched the US (on the backs of en-SLAVED humans). Oh...there is NO splitting hairs her buddy...it is a lack of American History of that is the issue.

Me too! NW is tainted, negative, and they would have cast their dye into a good clear system. Collective relief across the board!

Your "personal opinion" is noted. We, NW, is a ferocious competitor. Negative is called "fool me once/accident. Fool me twice/ slip up. FOOL ME THREE TIMES...RETARDED!

For your sake, I hope you're right. But, I'm sure I've heard those words somewhere before??? I think it was my friends at TWA, or was it Pan AM? I can't recall, but you're the historian, you should know.

TWA, Pan Am, Braniff did not last 82 years......longer, I might add than your employer.

Trust me, we don't need your sympathy. We've EARNED out long-term position. (as the most HEAVILY UNIONIZED carrier in America)

Our battles have taken us to the highest court battle/levels of ANY airline Union battle in American history. (try another one)

(if you believe in NON Union so much, why aren't you at Delta?)

STILL WAITING ON YOUR SLAVERY delusion!. And will ASK you till the cows come home) Are you American? If so, you should know this...it is YOUR cultural history! Perhaps it is required to play dumb if you are NON UNION leaning.

Dear Delta Cabin Crew,

I now believe NW/Delta will not merge. However, I suggest you use this "opportunity" to secure your adult, professional voice in ANY decision about your future regarding a merger. No other airline in America bares it back to the boot of corporate management like Delta FAs. American corporations have a LONG history of SLAVERY.....literally. They stigmatized a whole segment of HUMANS for it (the only nation in HUMAN history to enSLAVE humans based on "color").

Good Luck,

See ya on a layover!

NxNW

NxNW,
Thanks for your well-wishes. They are much appreciated. Although you needn't worry about an airline sending DL FAs to the bottom of the list as the recent legislation based on "Fair and Equitable" which was pushed through by Sen. McCaskill (D-MO) ensures that stapling will never occur a la TWA/AA. (Pat Friend gave an update on that on a recent webcast.) And although AFA supported the legislation as a "floor" as Pat put it, AFA still believes, as do I, that date of hire is the most fair when it comes to total FA integration.
Those of us wishing for a contract appreciate the support of all the AFA members at other airlines.

NxNW,
Thanks for your well-wishes. They are much appreciated. Although you needn't worry about an airline sending DL FAs to the bottom of the list as the recent legislation based on "Fair and Equitable" which was pushed through by Sen. McCaskill (D-MO) ensures that stapling will never occur a la TWA/AA. (Pat Friend gave an update on that on a recent webcast.) And although AFA supported the legislation as a "floor" as Pat put it, AFA still believes, as do I, that date of hire is the most fair when it comes to total FA integration.
Those of us wishing for a contract appreciate the support of all the AFA members at other airlines.

ALL Cabin Crew Members in the United States should pool their collective POWER TO ENFORCE the well being of our craft.

The War is NOT over....by any means.

Delta Pilots Say No Deal With Northwest
Monday March 17, 9:53 pm ET
By Harry R. Weber, AP Business Writer
Delta Pilots Can't Agree on Seniority With Northwest Pilots

ATLANTA (AP) -- Delta Air Lines' pilots union has told company executives it can't agree on seniority issues with its counterpart at Northwest Airlines, raising serious doubts about the prospect of a combination of the two companies as Delta prepares to overhaul its operations.

http://cincinnati.bizjournals.com/cincinna....html?ana=yfcpc

The Germans were ORDERED (like ours) to annihilate JEWS (primarily) that denotes an ETHNOCENTRIC religious focus. It was not a race....

Oh...there is NO splitting hairs her buddy...it is a lack of American History of that is the issue.

Again, I told you I'd conceed the point because I just don't see how it's relevant, so long as you can't answer specifically which American corporations out there TODAY "enslave" their employees? Arguing slavery based on enthnocentric vs. race really doesn't apply to this "No deal" thread.

TWA, Pan Am, Braniff did not last 82 years......longer, I might add than your employer.

No, they didn't. But if you're using longevity alone, you have a weak argument that just by succeeding them for 10-20 years longer, you will be able to evade the same ultimate destiny. Also, please don't presume to know who my employer is.

Trust me, we don't need your sympathy. We've EARNED out long-term position. (as the most HEAVILY UNIONIZED carrier in America)

Congratulations! Now why can't you just leave it at that? Go on your merry way until fuel triples in price and you have to strike again in 5 years while the airline spirals into the gutter, yanking another 25% of your pay until it withers away to nothing, or more likely gets absorbed.... doesn't history repeat itself? Again, honestly, I don't wish this to happen to you or your coworkers, I'm just being realistic.

ALL Cabin Crew Members in the United States should pool their collective POWER TO ENFORCE the well being of our craft.

Craft? CRAFT? What is the craft here? With all due respect to F/A's everywhere, but I think that is a line of b/s. Flight attendants may love what they do, but they are also qualified for MANY other jobs just by their own skill set.... customer service, business operations, employee supervision (in some cases), security, sales, and many others. For example, both of my Uncles (Uncle Mike & Aunt Dave) were both flight attendants for many years, but now have fantastic jobs and earn 30-40 times what they did at the airlines... (Big new house in Palm Springs and one in Florida, travel the world first class, drive nice cars, go to nice dinners, etc). Could they have ever done it as F/A's? NO WAY!

Enforcing people to unionize goes against what you preach, which is workers rights. They have the right to, they have the right not to. They also have the right to work somewhere else if they don't like the way the company treats them. God bless America.