Nwa New Talks With Mechanics Begin Thusday

RTW is a scam, its' only objective is to cripple unions. Half the deadbeats I work with haven't bought a cup of coffee in ten years, but they'll complain to high heaven about nickels and dimes while they tell how their stocks are doing. Unions are still realitivly strong in this part of the country because most of us are only a generation or two from poverty and know we'll be right back in it with a couple of missed paychecks. companies were destroying people and entire communities untill enough people said no more. So now we just go overseas and ruin their lands. I read some of these "union" peoples posts about how they were really going to vote no and we mean it and all you other people are morons. Well some bad news came your way and your first reaction is to hide behind the wives and say thanks but no thanks? Did you really think that NWA was kidding around? Don't you think all the people who were crushed over the years so you could enjoy the benefits of their sacrifice had families and bills? This is not about AMFA, there is a reason they are holding the line, it about trying to preserve a working mans right to a middle class existance.

WNJETFIXER said:
:shock: Wow, you just showed me how smart you really are!!! NWA is in trouble!! :shock:
[post="299173"][/post]​

Its sick isn't it? He brags about how inexperienced he and lots of others are out there, not to mention I've read in previous posts how he likes to duck and dodge while at work making his pathetic posts. God help anyone who flys NWA with the likes of him working as an AMT.

Bagbelt said:
This is not about AMFA, there is a reason they are holding the line, it about trying to preserve a working mans right to a middle class existance.
[post="299263"][/post]​
I thought most of middle class was non union?

I've seen tons of people talk about supply and demand on this board and how it applies to ticket prices and fuel. Why do you believe Labor is immune?

There seems to be an oversupply of mechanics. Unless mechanics exit (chose another profession), wouldn't the laws of economics expect wages to decrease?

dc3fanatic said:
I thought most of middle class was non union?
[post="299302"][/post]​

Because most of the remaining middle class is white collar. The rest of us aren't allowed to be middle class anymore.

I've seen tons of people talk about supply and demand on this board and how it applies to ticket prices and fuel. Why do you believe Labor is immune?

There seems to be an oversupply of mechanics. Unless mechanics exit (chose another profession), wouldn't the laws of economics expect wages to decrease?

Is it that there is an "oversupply of mechanics" or is it that outsourcing to foreign countries has created an lack of demand? There are almost as many planes flying in the US as there were before 9/11, aren't there?

You guys are really whacked out. An aircraft is just a machine. Quit making it into some magical being. What is the difference between a hydraulic ram on a cargo door and a ram on a track hoe? You apply pressure to one side the ram extends you apply it to the other side it retracts. Big deal. The biggest job on a cargo door is rigging the hooks. Anyone that can read use a feeler gauge and has a steady hand with a wrench can do it. I fixed a entertainment system on a DC-10 yesterday. Never worked on one in my life. Lay out a schematic see how things are supposed to move through the system figure out what is all common to the problem and replace that part. No big deal. Hey this little light want come on what am I going to do? Is the bulb good? Yes. Is the switch good? No. Replace the switch. People this stuff is not hard. Just like I said, an aircraft as a whole is a complicated piece of machinery when you break it down into individual components there is nothing too it. I f you think it is any more than that you are the ones that aren’t so bright.

By the way, the reason Northwest went back to the table is that they want to bring us on permanent. To legally do that they had to make an offer to AMFA as you can see they really aren’t interested having the union AMT's back. You watch though some will come slinking back with their tails between their legs to accept that pitiful little offer.

Let me also say; the last time I had a job this easy I was on unemployment.

Your quote, "Brakes are brakes, you don’t need a degree to turn a wrench just a little common sense and an idea of how things are supposed to work. An aircraft as a whole is a complicated piece of equipment but when you break it down into individual components there is really nothing to it".

That says it all, you're one sick and dangerous person. Yea, there is really nothing to it at all. Thats what we need as AMTs, nitwits like you, out there babbling misinformation about a job that you obviously know very little about. A little knowledge and a A&P license can be a dangerous thing, especially in our career field.

PlayTheOdds said:
Give me a break. What makes working on aircraft so difficult?
[post="299323"][/post]​

Again dude, you prove our point again. You don't know, and thats the dangerous part.

PlayTheOdds said:
Educate me then Jack. I say there is no big deal you say there is, support your theory.
[post="299334"][/post]​

Again, you have opened mouth and inserted foot.

Going by your theory of commerical aircraft maintenance I could just tell you a few things and BANG, you're a line mech. Thats reality in your world and NWA's world. Its not about that guy, you and your ilk are potentially dangerous with your laid back, just chill attitude. Im not saying all of those scabs are like you, however you are the vocal one on this bb, so Im directing this towards you.

I work the line everyday and come across new problems almost everyday. I've worked the line on commerical a/c since I was with U back in '90. Im not the best mech, but can hold my own. I would NEVER oversimplify an AMT's job, you have the lives of a hundred or so passengers/crews on every flight. It's a very serious job and you need to step back and reflect on your who GAF attitude.

In the real world it takes years to become a good, quality AMT/troubleshooter. Since you seem to be in over your head just ask the foreman or whomever is doing your troubleshooting for tips on how to become a good line mech, or in your case just being capable would suffice. Perhaps some of those guys have some years on the line and have a clue to what they are doing, although its probably been a few years since they have cracked open a toolbox but hey, if all else fails remember your motto:**** "Brakes are brakes, you don’t need a degree to turn a wrench just a little common sense and an idea of how things are supposed to work. An aircraft as a whole is a complicated piece of equipment but when you break it down into individual components there is really nothing to it". *****

PlayTheOdds said:
Let me make this simple for you WN. Lets take a look at your everyday Genie manlift. What is on that lift that does not apply in some form or fasion to an aircraft?
[post="299373"][/post]​

Not sure about you PTO but i've never seen a genie lift powered by a pratt.

PlayTheOdds said:
Let me make this simple for you WN. Lets take a look at your everyday Genie manlift. What is on that lift that does not apply in some form or fasion to an aircraft?
[post="299373"][/post]​

Well we could split hairs. Where is the pneumatic system on the manlift?

The fact is that commercial aircraft are some of the most complex machines out there. Broken down into systems, such as powerplants, hydraulics, pneumatics etc they share many things in common with many other machines, only the aircraft tend to be a little more complex than your standard manlift. Thats why mechanics wont have much trouble finding other work. Providing that they are good mechanics to start with.

So is troubleshooting a hydraulic problem on an airplane more difficult than a manlift? Maybe, maybe not. However, simply by virtue of the number of components involved the manlift is not easier than the aircraft. But one thing is for sure, its much more critical that the airplane is fixed right than the manlift.

So, as you brought up, since many machines operate with similar systems and controls the transition for mechanics who are proficient at repairing some of the most complex machines ever made-commercial aircraft, to repairing less complex machines means that the options for mechanics are many and abundant. The flip side to that is as the industry screws over its mechanics, those who are the best will leave the industry, leaving behind those who are less proficient.

PlayTheOdds said:
[post="299373"][/post]​

You know what dude, you're correct, a Genie manlift is the same thing as a/c flying at 35k feet, 500mph with human lives on board.

There is one important difference, if the manlift stops working you get stuck and you have to manually lower yourself. If the airplane stops working it falls from the sky and people die, do you see the difference?

I can't believe they allow you to work on a/c. Its a scary, scary thing indeed.

Back