Nwa New Talks With Mechanics Begin Thusday

OK lets see here I forget I'm not dealing with mechanics here just wannabe communists. You have two engines one on the left and one on the right. We will call them engines #1 being (L/H) and engine #2 being (R/H). Each engine has one IDG. The #1 engine IDG required servicing. The #2 engine IDG was INOP. Therefore MC wants to keep a close eye on the #1 engine IDG.

PlayTheOdds said:
OK lets see here I forget I'm not dealing with mechanics here just wannabe communists. You have two engines one on the left and one on the right. We will call them engines #1 being (L/H) and engine #2 being (R/H). Each engine has one IDG. The #1 engine IDG required servicing. The #2 engine IDG was INOP. Therefore MC wants to keep a close eye on the #1 engine IDG.
[post="299423"][/post]​

Communists because we expect you to follow the maintenance manual? Such tactics are typical of someone who is losing an arguement.

Did it need servicing because it was low or to comply with the MEL?

The fact that one is already Inop makes it even more critical that you should follow the MM even if it takes a little more time.

Keep digging.

PTO....has NW now modified either #1 or #2 engine on the a320 so that the IDG servicing port is in a different location? All the IDG's i serviced it was very clearly at the 6 o'clock position. Also you stated you "walked around the engines looking for a servicing panel" Now my question is this. If you were TOLD to service the #1 IDG why did you go look at the #2 engine? Did you think that maybe they just forgot to put a servicing panel only on the #1 engine and it was going to be there on the #2 engine? Also, please explain what you were servicing in the 5 o'clock position, unless of course NW has you servicing the IDG thru the chip detectors now.

I believe what you were doing was a follow up on an Mel 24-*** Control #*** Rt Eng Idg Inop. They probably did not want to get to technical with you so they put it in "simple" terms. Hopefully you did read the manual and followed the proper procedure, otherwise they may be required to use the APU or RAT to power the electrical systems when the #1 IDG craps out. Oh....and don't forget...make sure someone with an A&P enters it in the logbook.

PlayTheOdds said:
I just could not believe that there was not a hatch for the IDG. Yes it was to comply with a MEL.
[post="299444"][/post]​
Could you give us the step by step process you used and what you observed when you serviced the IDG?

you guys keep going back and forth on this difficult to work on thing....
i say yes somewhat.
take mr. goodwrench cold outa chevy dealership and yes irene ,it will be difficult.
break into a hydro or pneumatic system w/o dumping pressure and yes it will be difficult...maybe fatally so.
uneducated performing engine maintenance may make a difficult day for a pilot,crew and passengers.
performing electrical system maintenance by the uninformed may cause damage or even death.
even changing what some would term 'spark plugs' on a jet can kill if one doesn't know a few particular things.
what works well on the ramp at ambient temperatures for some unknowing may fail at altitude extremes causing all kinds ofdifficulty.
so you tell me what do you define as difficult??
and who will be the one to find if it is difficult?

PlayTheOdds said:
I'm sure the whole unit its self is at 6 o'clock but the service coupling is at about 5 o'clock.
[post="299443"][/post]​

Wrong again PTO...actually the unit is more towards the 7 o'clock position with the servicing ports clearly at the 6 o'clock position. Are you sure your an A&P? I cant really believe someone as stupid as you could be. You've seen the movie Dumb and Dumber i'm sure. Why do i keep getting the picture that you are Harry from the movie the more and more posts i read from you?

well once the IDG was located I hooked the servicing unit up to it and looked at the sight glass and pumped oil into it until oil began dripping onto the ground and I had a puddle about 20 inches in diameter then closed everything up just like the AMM says.

delldude said:
and who will be the one to find if it is difficult?
[post="299453"][/post]​

You pretty much summed it up, the uneducated, uninformed and inexperienced.

Which is what NWA has chosen to maintain its fleet.

PTO describes on another thread how he went about servicing an IDG. He didnt even know where it was. If he was any of the three then he would have known. Sure it may seem simple enough but its also a job that can be screwed up by the uneducated, uniformed and inexperienced.

PlayTheOdds said:
You're full of it chas. I know what the hell I saw and did.
[post="299460"][/post]​

My My are we getting testy now that i have shown your stupidity PTO. Seeing as how your a scab i never expected you to admit your wrong but now i can clearly see why you were never hired by a major.

Latest posts