OCT/NOV 2012 IAM Fleet Service Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoo hoo !!! i want to merge with AA !!!!

let's go super airline !!! make it happen managment !!!

Freedom... One of these days... Seriously...

Is it wrong to wish objects traveling at a high rate of speed could travel through my monitor and out someone elses???

Reactions: 2 people
homer-simpson-gun.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
if a merger happens this is the scenario i could see play out: lax dfw clt mia phl jfk ord hubs or ord a focus city along with dca its just my guess

if a merger happens this is the scenario i could see play out: lax dfw clt mia phl jfk ord hubs or ord a focus city along with dca its just my guess
I would be inclined to agree for the most part. Additionally, IMO... I foresee CLT or PHL being downsized in this merger senario as well. PHX is destined to be the next existing hub on the chopping block if ths merger goes through. Freedom... if you are stationed in PHX you better watch what you wish for. If you are stationed in PHX I would advise packing your bags. IMO... the members in PHX will experience the same consequences of those in PIT and LAS.
ograc

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to disagree with you about CLT & PHL, but do think that PHX could see some cuts.
PHX will see more than just cuts. I'm thinking serious downsizing. PHL & CLT could experience reductions. A combined carrier would create major hubs (MIA, CLT, PHL, & JFK) on the east coast. Not to mention DCA. IMO...something is going to give. One thing is certain... when the proposed merger speaks of "synergies" it most certainly will result in reduced flight activity in redundant hubs. Subsequently, resulting in job loss or displacement for many. Will it be MIA, CLT, PHL, DCA or JFK ? No one knows for certain. One thing is certain... many will be adversly affected (West and East). Members working in existing hubs (both IAM and TWU represented) need to cross their fingers and hold their breath... for their futures may be adversly impacted with the impending merger.
ograc
ograc

Why do you think this?

PHX is not a particularly good location for a hub, in general, as it is too far south to make shorter route connections, except to San Diego or some locations in Mexico. It does not have particularly high fares given it is mostly a leisure market, and considerable competition from Southwest. The large size of the Phoenix market does not automatically dictate a good location for a hub.

Furthermore, if there was a merger with AA, then between AA's hubs in both DFW and LAX, much of the southwest and California markets could be covered more than adequately without having PHX sitting somewhere in the middle. Although I do not have the exact numbers in front of me, as I recall, the yields into LAX and DFW are considerably greater than what PHX offers.

If someone is thinking about buying a house in the Phoenix area and works for US, I would tell them to hold off, unless they have 25 years seniority.

Jester.

Doug has all ready stated CLT will grow if a merger with AA happens.

It has already been determined that if you want to remain employed with as a FSE, you need to be flexible and able to relocate to retain your job. As long as there are jobs in the system for us post-merger, I will pack my bags again if needed. It's my understanding that lots of AA FSE's are bailing out, whether it be voluntary or involuntary (early-out vs. outsourced/pink slipped). I would gladly go back to L.A. if given the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts