OCTOBER SURPRISE : Corona and Dow Jones !!

Hey, how about this?
99e683_b6f021cccbe84280ae8e1fb541e835dc~mv2.webp

Hey, how about this?
99e683_b6f021cccbe84280ae8e1fb541e835dc~mv2.webp
YOu know something...I tend to agree with you. What I would really like to see is a breakdown of coronavirus deaths by age...AND how many had "underlying conditions". Fear sells, and I've seen headlines about a 40 something news reporter who "died from coronavius". But you had to read the article to discover that she was on medical leave for STAGE 4 LUNG CANCER.. So what got her..the virus or the cancer? I'm not downplaying the severity of this virus, but if someone dies who had cancer, or was 200 pounds overweight, or who had kidney or liver failure or some other underlying cause....put a HUGE asterisk by the headline to alert readers that there was an underlying condition.

YOu know something...I tend to agree with you. What I would really like to see is a breakdown of coronavirus deaths by age...AND how many had "underlying conditions". Fear sells, and I've seen headlines about a 40 something news reporter who "died from coronavius". But you had to read the article to discover that she was on medical leave for STAGE 4 LUNG CANCER.. So what got her..the virus or the cancer? I'm not downplaying the severity of this virus, but if someone dies who had cancer, or was 200 pounds overweight, or who had kidney or liver failure or some other underlying cause....put a HUGE asterisk by the headline to alert readers that there was an underlying condition.
Good point!......So do you think the "Main-Stream Media" may be pushing the "panic button" a little too hard here? ..... Just my opinion!

Good point!......So do you think the "Main-Stream Media" may be pushing the "panic button" a little too hard here? ..... Just my opinion!
I do. Reporting numbers for numbers sake is very misleading and does nothing but incite fear. It's kind of like the "casualty count" that Walter Cronkite used to give from the Vietnam war...I was just a kid, but I remember seeing them....and we had fewer casualties than the North Vietnamese. Just looking at the numbers, it sure seemed like we were winning that war. Same thing here....when you put out that 1,000 people died, but of those, 600 were over 75 and and 300 others had some underlying condition, then that means that 100 "healthy young people" died. Nothing to sneeze at (no pun intended), but "100 healthy people died" doesn't look as dramatic as "thousands die".

I am curious to know how many people are expected to die everyday in this country without the virus. Anyone know?
I saw this on another site https://public.flourish.studio/visu...FXSaTxndpzHLdX84fcmu5hR6pukaWjg6lgTAvLDe0G4U0

But there are two problems with this - the "other" death numbers remain static, and secondly, the Coronavirus numbers include people with many of these same underlying conditions, but Coronavirus gets the "credit" for taking them out. Again...it's a serious thing, but the number that is used in this chart is VERY skewed.

I saw this on another site https://public.flourish.studio/visu...FXSaTxndpzHLdX84fcmu5hR6pukaWjg6lgTAvLDe0G4U0

But there are two problems with this - the "other" death numbers remain static, and secondly, the Coronavirus numbers include people with many of these same underlying conditions, but Coronavirus gets the "credit" for taking them out. Again...it's a serious thing, but the number that is used in this chart is VERY skewed.
I agree. I heard many people are expecting to die and do so have their deaths credited to Coronavirus when it shouldn't be.

I agree. I heard many people are expecting to die and do so have their deaths credited to Coronavirus when it shouldn't be.
I wonder if once this settles down the government might mandate antibody testing for everybody to get the number of people who have the antibodies to give them an accurate number of people who had it, but didn't rush to the doctor and demand a test.

I know that if I got it, it wouldn't go in the record books unless I was in such sorry shape that I had to call 911 and go to the emergency room. If I feel sick, I drink fluids, get rest and take ibuprofen for pain and fever. I've never gone to the ER for an illness in my life - I'm not going to start now. I really don't know what good having a test that says "yep....you've got it" serves, other than to give me comfort in knowing that I am doomed to die. If I recover....then there's a case that will never be included in the "official" numbers.

I wonder if once this settles down the government might mandate antibody testing for everybody to get the number of people who have the antibodies to give them an accurate number of people who had it, but didn't rush to the doctor and demand a test.

I know that if I got it, it wouldn't go in the record books unless I was in such sorry shape that I had to call 911 and go to the emergency room. If I feel sick, I drink fluids, get rest and take ibuprofen for pain and fever. I've never gone to the ER for an illness in my life - I'm not going to start now. I really don't know what good having a test that says "yep....you've got it" serves, other than to give me comfort in knowing that I am doomed to die. If I recover....then there's a case that will never be included in the "official" numbers.
See there's our difference K.C. I don't feel the government has the authority to "mandate" such testing. ........But saying that, I would hope most would comply with that "voluntarily" do so if "requested" to do so.

See there's our difference K.C. I don't feel the government has the authority to "mandate" such testing. ........But saying that, I would hope most would comply with that "voluntarily" do so if "requested" to do so.

I wish they would. My kid works in a hospital and can't get an N95 mask. But I can go to the grocery store and see people sporting those masks so they don't breathe in the germs....but they aren't wearing gloves, and they are touching produce, boxes, cans, wrappers and everything else that may harbor the virus. Sure hope they don't get it as the hospital staff can only offer their thoughts and prayers from the door of their hospital room.

I think this damned "death toll" only incites fear. I went to the grocery store today (no mask) and walking back to my car was a 30 something woman who appeared to be very healthy (thank you yoga pants) sporting an N95 mask. I almost asked her if she thought she'd die if she got it.

I wish they would. My kid works in a hospital and can't get an N95 mask. But I can go to the grocery store and see people sporting those masks so they don't breathe in the germs....but they aren't wearing gloves, and they are touching produce, boxes, cans, wrappers and everything else that may harbor the virus. Sure hope they don't get it as the hospital staff can only offer their thoughts and prayers from the door of their hospital room.

I think this damned "death toll" only incites fear. I went to the grocery store today (no mask) and walking back to my car was a 30 something woman who appeared to be very healthy (thank you yoga pants) sporting an N95 mask. I almost asked her if she thought she'd die if she got it.
Hey, it's a "me" generation! Your kid works in a hospital?...... God bless! Mine is working overseas as a private contractor.

Hey, it's a "me" generation! Your kid works in a hospital?...... God bless! Mine is working overseas as a private contractor.
Yes...my kid is in nursing school but is working part time as a CNA at a hospital. That's the shittiest job (no pun intended) there. The pay isn't great, but the experience is. And she loves what she is doing. She is very compassionate and treats her patients as if she was taking care of me. Because they don't have enough N95 masks, they are limited to people who have direct contact with suspect Covid patients. For now, she isn't working directly with them, but does sometimes have to be on that floor. All she has is a level 3 mask (with face shield) covered by a level 1 mask. I know God has a plan for her and has put her where she needs to be. And I know that she will make it thru this time.

Reactions: Insp4
Liston KC, Just my opinion, and I'm not a doctor, but one set of numbers that are not being reported, and I suspect purposely, as much as the death rate. That number is the percentage of those that recover from corona which I understand is in the high 90% range.

Liston KC, Just my opinion, and I'm not a doctor, but one set of numbers that are not being reported, and I suspect purposely, as much as the death rate. That number is the percentage of those that recover from corona which I understand is in the high 90% range.
NOt only that....I have never gone to the ER for an illness in my life. Should I get coronavirus, I likely won't go either....and if I do, it will be because symptoms were bad enough that I have to call 911. So if I and people like me get it, but don't go to the doctor or ER and get a test, then nobody will know that I (or them) was a case.

NOt only that....I have never gone to the ER for an illness in my life. Should I get coronavirus, I likely won't go either....and if I do, it will be because symptoms were bad enough that I have to call 911. So if I and people like me get it, but don't go to the doctor or ER and get a test, then nobody will know that I (or them) was a case.
Makes sense to me!....... So why are they sensationalizing this so much? Don't get me wrong! I feel it is serious enough, but also I feel there is more than a little politicizing going on and it's ripping these country apart!....... But what really bothers me is that they don't care!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts