overhaul

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/retirement/view/

You should have watched this video before telling everyone to vote NO, and saying BK is better then this TA.

How is 3500+ mechs on the outside looking in, 40% outsourcing, defending the profession?

The know nothing vote NO coalition didn't cause the BK, but they showed AA that they will not be flexible. Now we have 40% outsourcing and our #s decimated. At least the OH guys won't have to work weekends and you saved pre-funding, oh wait you guys didn't save anything......good job <_<

Stop trying to help, we might be better off if Jim Little actually did take over negotiations.

We do know we would ALL have $15k in our pockets if the TA passed, and maybe with TULE working 24/7 they wouldn't be losing half their numbers.
DFW local VOTED NO !!! and we did'nt even have a video.

You should have watched this video before telling everyone to vote NO, and saying BK is better then this TA.

How is 3500+ mechs on the outside looking in, 40% outsourcing, defending the profession?

The know nothing vote NO coalition didn't cause the BK, but they showed AA that they will not be flexible. Now we have 40% outsourcing and our #s decimated. At least the OH guys won't have to work weekends and you saved pre-funding, oh wait you guys didn't save anything......good job <_<

Stop trying to help, we might be better off if Jim Little actually did take over negotiations.

We do know we would ALL have $15k in our pockets if the TA passed, and maybe with TULE working 24/7 they wouldn't be losing half their numbers.

Exactly, how is sending our work to Chna and El Salvador saving our profession? Some people just don't get it.

Better off with Jim Little? WOW!!, the same guy who said if we take a 17% pay cut and the rest of the hosing in 2003, we would save jobs, and then AA Laid off 4000 jobs anyway. Yeah we're better off..Keep trusting AA and Jim Little.

Better off with Jim Little? WOW!!, the same guy who said if we take a 17% pay cut and the rest of the hosing in 2003, we would save jobs, and then AA Laid off 4000 jobs anyway. Yeah we're better off..Keep trusting AA and Jim Little.

Yes better with Jim Little, the 3 unions voted in those contracts to prevent a BK. If you remember the other airlines went BK and gutted the contracts and laid off thousands and outsourced their OH, just like AA is doing now. In 2003 who would have guessed that the Iraq war would have dragged on until 2011, that the war in Afghanistan wouldn't be truly addressed until 2009, the spike in fuel 2007 and the financial collapse in 2008, which lead to the worst recession sense the great depression. Which are all hits on the economy which means tough times for the travel industry.

On top of that you had a lot of poor management decisions like giving themselves bonus's when AA is losing money. Yes it's part of their compensation package, but they should use different nomenclature other then BONUS, bonus implies they did something exceptional, which does not equate to running the airline into BK. All that created a toxic relationship with the 3 unions.

I think we are better off with Little, rather then with the hard line restore and more crowd who do not realize this is not 2001 and we don't have that kind of leverage. If we keep following that crowd we're mostly likely going to lose more. How is it working out for OH with the I'm not working weekend coalition.

The only good thing coming from this is that AA will have no excuse not to pay us SWA wages after getting everything they want during BK. That will be the TWU's next challenge unless some other union comes in.

Is this how Jim Little would take over negotiations? :lol:

Is this how Jim Little would take over negotiations? :lol:

Funny, but with the coalition of the restore and more minions, we lost out on $15k dollars. I would rather have no union then to have those mouth breathers controlling my future earnings.

Duke787 weren't you the one working at boeing on the 787 program amd cried how bad it was? and how you rdream was to come back to Tulsa with AA? geez dude your tough to keep happy!

Yes better with Jim Little, the 3 unions voted in those contracts to prevent a BK. If you remember the other airlines went BK and gutted the contracts and laid off thousands and outsourced their OH, just like AA is doing now. In 2003 who would have guessed that the Iraq war would have dragged on until 2011, that the war in Afghanistan wouldn't be truly addressed until 2009, the spike in fuel 2007 and the financial collapse in 2008, which lead to the worst recession sense the great depression. Which are all hits on the economy which means tough times for the travel industry.

On top of that you had a lot of poor management decisions like giving themselves bonus's when AA is losing money. Yes it's part of their compensation package, but they should use different nomenclature other then BONUS, bonus implies they did something exceptional, which does not equate to running the airline into BK. All that created a toxic relationship with the 3 unions.

I think we are better off with Little, rather then with the hard line restore and more crowd who do not realize this is not 2001 and we don't have that kind of leverage. If we keep following that crowd we're mostly likely going to lose more. How is it working out for OH with the I'm not working weekend coalition.

The only good thing coming from this is that AA will have no excuse not to pay us SWA wages after getting everything they want during BK. That will be the TWU's next challenge unless some other union comes in.

Alas though, when this same thing was happening at other Airlines, acrroding to James C Little and the TeAAm TWU leaders who are now in AA Management, it was all AMFA's fault that the work was outsourced via BK and the last thing we would want to do is get another Union.

Does the same standard apply now and it is now TWU's fault and so now we indeed do need a new union?

Alas though, when this same thing was happening at other Airlines, acrroding to James C Little and the TeAAm TWU leaders who are now in AA Management, it was all AMFA's fault that the work was outsourced via BK and the last thing we would want to do is get another Union.

Does the same standard apply now and it is now TWU's fault and so now we indeed do need a new union?

I have to agree with Duke787. As much as I despise what this union has become, had we voted yes on the T/A we would at last have the money in our pocket. (For the record I voted NO because of the Retiree Medical cut. Hoping there would be a counter from the company to keep at least that. I admit it was a mistake) No matter how we had voted I think this day was coming. There are too many restore and more/I want SWA pay guys IN OVERHAUL that the company would have had a hard time either paying OH less or forcing the OH mechs to the line. Too many guys just can't see what the industry had become and can only see what it was. It was a gamble and it appears we lost, for now.

I have to agree with Duke787. As much as I despise what this union has become, had we voted yes on the T/A we would at last have the money in our pocket. (For the record I voted NO because of the Retiree Medical cut. Hoping there would be a counter from the company to keep at least that. I admit it was a mistake) No matter how we had voted I think this day was coming. There are too many restore and more/I want SWA pay guys IN OVERHAUL that the company would have had a hard time either paying OH less or forcing the OH mechs to the line. Too many guys just can't see what the industry had become and can only see what it was. It was a gamble and it appears we lost, for now.
Your last sentence should have said -- It was a gamble and we lost.

Your last sentence should have said -- It was a gamble and we lost.
I see your point but I think that the ones that are left will, over time, get back some of what was lost. I am basing this on the employees still at the other airlines that have gone through BK. Unfortunately for most of them though, this 6 year deal will either be their last or second to last contract because of their age. So for them, you are correct.

You despise what this union has become? When have they change?

I really do not want to burst anyone's bubble, but if you really believe the TWU is going to split wages between OH and the Line, you better visit the Employee Assistence Program.

You despise what this union has become? When have they change?

I really do not want to burst anyone's bubble, but if you really believe the TWU is going to split wages between OH and the Line, you better visit the Employee Assistence Program.

I agree with you, either get separate contracts or do away with OH because it costs too much.

Back