overhaul

But they don't. Walk around your neighborhood and take a poll. Ask your neighbors if they care where the planes are overhauled or who's flying it. Do they ask to see the pilot, do they ask where the pilot was trained, to see their license? I didn't think so.

Like you said in your previous post, most of the public is going to fly who's ever cheaper, even if it's by $1.00.
There are some brand loyal flyers out there, and we thank you for that!!!
To answer your question, I have no idea on where the new revenue is going to come from.

In some locations, where gasoline is sold at $1.00 it is more expensive than other places where alcohol is added at 10%.

Instead of qouting revenue number rubish and worrying about what Delta is doing, your time might be better spent demanding some retraining from the local, state government, and the TWU in a different industry. I got news for you boys, the precious TULE base is going the way of the dinasaur. Prepare yourself early with training or fight over what few jobs Quick Trip might have.

If the layoffs are as deep as indicated, QuikTrip might have to reduce a store or two.

So, AA's revenue increased 18% over 2 years, yet labor costs for M&R have been stagnant for 9 years. Remember, we're still living under the CBA of 2003. So, the real question should be....what did AA do with all those billions in extra revenue????
Fuel. As I've posted before, AMR paid about $30 billion more for fuel after the concessions until now than it would have paid if fuel had stayed at 2002's prices.

Well, new interiors, power ports, IFE, paying lease rates on planes sitting in the desert, lease payments on facilities not being used, new terminals, new fuel trucks, new lav trucks, supervisors making manager salaries, millions in bonuses.....and, it's the mechanics fault why AA is in BK! are you kidding me!!!!
I see that denial is still alive and well in Chicago. Those items have nothing to do with why AMR is in bankruptcy (they're small millions compared to the billions AMR has lost). There are many reasons AMR filed for Ch 11, but a primary reason is that every legacy competitor slashed their wages and benefits in their bankruptcies more than AMR did in its 2003 concessions. AMR is not in bankruptcy because of the mechanics. AMR's labor costs (overall) are substantially higher than the competition. AMR's maintenance costs (per ASM) are higher than the competition (in large part because AMR didn't outsource as much as the competition).

Your pay is low compared to most other line mechanics because of your incredibly crappy union representation. The worthless union and its ignorant leaders have failed you for many years. While all other competitors outsoured the labor-intensive heavy checks and split some of that savings with the remaining mechanics, your worthless union called for "restore and more" for everyone without any offsetting savings.

Maybe when the public continually here's from the media and the company that wages are to high and the TWU fails to correct them, that placing everyone under either Ground Workers or Mechanic and Related portrays a falsehood that would require leadership to correct.

And when a line mechanic is bumped to TUL they too can experience the ease of overhaul.

I am sure if you were to ask the OSM's who have just begun their careers what their hourly rate is you would find that many are barely off the street and $21 he would be nice. However they are only looking back at the street from where they came from.
lmao, you said bump! as if there's going to be any of that, anywhere. people need to wake up, see who we are up against. TWU and AA. No matter what we do or say it doesn't matter. TWU says "we're gonna save jobs." what that really means is keep the union dues flowing. aa say, "we want to make aa profitable again." what that really means is we're gonna outsource your job and take your money." pretty much the samething and they're goning to get it!if you belirve that load of crap aa is spilling about 12-18 months to close afw, my a$$ it will be. can anyone say, spr program from 95?

So, AA's revenue increased 18% over 2 years, yet labor costs for M&R have been stagnant for 9 years. Remember, we're still living under the CBA of 2003. So, the real question should be....what did AA do with all those billions in extra revenue???? Well, new interiors, power ports, IFE, paying lease rates on planes sitting in the desert, lease payments on facilities not being used, new terminals, new fuel trucks, new lav trucks, supervisors making manager salaries, millions in bonuses.....and, it's the mechanics fault why AA is in BK! are you kidding me!!!!

You got some of that right.

(1) Some of the cash generated from additional revenue has gone to capex - almost all of that aircraft-related (new 737s, some upgrades to the existing fleet, etc.), and some to new terminals (mostly Miami).

(2) Some of it did go to paying for leases on obsolete/unnecessary aircraft or facilities, but of course that is what happens when a company shrinks. The difference was that when all of AA's peers shrunk post-9/11, they soon filed for bankruptcy and were able to get out from under these superfluous costs. AA is now doing the same.

(3) None if it went to stock options for any AA executives, nor for the stock options that you and every other full-time U.S. employee received in 2003. Those are non-cash, and have an accounting "cost" to the company of zero. NONE of the added revenue in the last decade has gone to management stock options.

(4) In the last ten years, the company has contributed several billion to the defined benefit pension plans - that is a cash cost.

(5) But the vast majority of the additional revenue has gone to generate cash that has in turn been used to continually fund operations, and most of all, billions has gone to paying debt.

The key difference between AA and its legacy competitors, and they disadvantage that AA is now addressing and correcting, is that in the last ten years as they have all restructured, they have substantially reduced the amount of cash they had to spend on (2), (4) and (5) so they could substantially increase they amount they spent on (1).

So, AA's revenue increased 18% over 2 years, yet labor costs for M&R have been stagnant for 9 years.

Others have pig-piled on the second half of your post... I'll focus on the end of the first sentence...

Labor costs for M&R have not been stagnant. Perhaps labor rates have been stuck in time, but that's only a portion of labor costs.

For example... the costs of subsidizing healthcare (AA is self funded) certainly hasn't gone down. AA's been doing catch-ups on pension funding (despite claims to the opposite). I'd be willing to bet that the cost of lost time (SK, IOD) certainly hasn't gone down.

And if the claims of "we're doing just enough not to get fired" have any truth to them, then in effect, your wages really have gone up, since you're taking longer to do the work...

Fuel. As I've posted before, AMR paid about $30 billion more for fuel after the concessions until now than it would have paid if fuel had stayed at 2002's prices.

I see that denial is still alive and well in Chicago. Those items have nothing to do with why AMR is in bankruptcy (they're small millions compared to the billions AMR has lost). There are many reasons AMR filed for Ch 11, but a primary reason is that every legacy competitor slashed their wages and benefits in their bankruptcies more than AMR did in its 2003 concessions. AMR is not in bankruptcy because of the mechanics. AMR's labor costs (overall) are substantially higher than the competition. AMR's maintenance costs (per ASM) are higher than the competition (in large part because AMR didn't outsource as much as the competition).

Your pay is low compared to most other line mechanics because of your incredibly crappy union representation. The worthless union and its ignorant leaders have failed you for many years. While all other competitors outsoured the labor-intensive heavy checks and split some of that savings with the remaining mechanics, your worthless union called for "restore and more" for everyone without any offsetting savings.

I do agree with you on the fact that we have crappy representation. Another fact is that AA has always been a follower in this industry. AA should have replaced the gas hog 80s with 737s along time ago (management decision). As far as the maintenance cost go until the numbers are put out there for everybody to look at regarding MROs hourly rate,on time percentage and out of service time once a/c goes back into service nobody will know except the ivory tower. Just because a person working on the a/c gets paid a few dollars a day does not mean that they charge less an hour or that the overall cost is less. It just means that there executives are putting more money in there pockets. Lets not forget the fact that aa has continued to fly unprofitable routes all for them to keep there beloved market share. If the mechanics are not the problem then why are they continuing to try and rape us and our families? I'll tell you because aa is a company that follows others and is not a company that leads As for as raping us it is simple,because they can. I can't wait to see the SEC filings to see what kind of salary and bonuses Horton and other executives will be getting while they are sitting in there ivory tower looking down there noses at us.

I can't wait to see the SEC filings to see what kind of salary and bonuses Horton and other executives will be getting while they are sitting in there ivory tower looking down there noses at us.

You may have to wait a while... Since the stock was de-listed it's possible that they may not even issue an annual report or proxy statement, which is where the executive comp is usually disclosed.

lmao, you said bump! as if there's going to be any of that, anywhere. people need to wake up, see who we are up against. TWU and AA. No matter what we do or say it doesn't matter. TWU says "we're gonna save jobs." what that really means is keep the union dues flowing. aa say, "we want to make aa profitable again." what that really means is we're gonna outsource your job and take your money." pretty much the samething and they're goning to get it!if you belirve that load of crap aa is spilling about 12-18 months to close afw, my a$$ it will be. can anyone say, spr program from 95?

Do you really think that the dues harvesting machine aka TWU would allow NO bumping? For the TWU to allow that is suicide for them, the remaining members, in my opinion would jump to another union in a flash.

I'm not in denial. I also understand that ALL airlines spent billions more on fuel since 2002. But, it's not the fault of 88,000 employees if management didn't do their homework in 2003 and follow UA, DL and others to BK. Maybe AMR should of went BK in 2003. Our employees are going through a second bankruptcy.....one voluntary, the other forced on us. And, I think a majority of the workers are tired of bailing out a management team that continually lies to employees. I don't think too many will stick around for a second helping and are dillegently looking for other employment......even if it means working at Walmart!!

I'm not in denial. I also understand that ALL airlines spent billions more on fuel since 2002. But, it's not the fault of 88,000 employees if management didn't do their homework in 2003 and follow UA, DL and others to BK. Maybe AMR should of went BK in 2003. Our employees are going through a second bankruptcy.....one voluntary, the other forced on us. And, I think a majority of the workers are tired of bailing out a management team that continually lies to employees. I don't think too many will stick around for a second helping and are dillegently looking for other employment......even if it means working at Walmart!!
:rolleyes: ------- Assembling bicycles?

Do you really think that the dues harvesting machine aka TWU would allow NO bumping? For the TWU to allow that is suicide for them, the remaining members, in my opinion would jump to another union in a flash.

They may have no say as the company can ask the judge to throw out our contract so bumping is dis-allowed.

Back