overhaul

what about the twu getting a contract for the bases that stands alone from line as far as pay. as everything else will now below what the mro's give in terms of medical and 401k, oh yea tulsa will have to go to 24/7 (but I don't think that is going to be a big thing.

If the housing market is anything like it was in 1989 when I was there (I thought it was depressed back then) and its probably worse now as it is threw the whole country 2000 plus trying to bail out of the tulsa area is not going to be pretty.

I don't expect the union to save jobs over money. we did that back in 2003 and look where that has got us :eek:

I think tulsa going 24/7 and bringing in more osm or what every they are called will go farther for saving jobs in tulsa.

what is the difference in pay between a amt and a osm and does a osm get money for having a A&P.

If the reports of the work coming out of timco are even 1/3 true and I have no doubt to believe they 100% correct. AA overall product and customer satisfaction is going to drop
Why are you line guys so damn arrogant. Sadly I trained enough of you to know many of you are lazy, cry babies.

Why are you line guys so damn arrogant. Sadly I trained enough of you to know many of you are lazy, cry babies.
wow somebody sounds a little upset. there is different mind set between line and overhaul. always has been and always will be. if you were at the line your attitude would be differnt too. i don't think that when said, "I think tulsa going 24/7 and bringing in more osm or what every they are called will go farther for saving jobs in tulsa." was being arrogant. he was simply pointing out a way to keep jobs in tulsa. whether they are amt's or osm's, a job is a job. top osm is @ $21. when/if they go osm they'll be at that pay and lose the amt pay. tulsa going 24/7 wont be that big of a deal. from some of the post on here, guys are working on the weekends anyway cause their sucking up the ot. yeah i understand that the lower pay, lose of amt status, and maybe not as much ot sucks but it's still a job. where are you gonna go find a job at $21 a hour and still live in the same area? few and far in between. at least aa isn't closing your base. even though they will outsource work, tulsa will still be there and there will jobs. not the option at afw.

realists my friend!!

$33/hr doesn't go far in ORD, JFK, LAX, and even MIA. If and when Tulsa mechanics bump the line, they too will experience the pain that we've felt for 20 years. 9 years of pay cuts has been brutal....and now with 6 more years of extreme pain, who in their right mind would stay and work for this airline. Not me! And, you're really a fool commuting back to TUL, or paying for two places. Good luck to you all!!!

wow somebody sounds a little upset. there is different mind set between line and overhaul. always has been and always will be. if you were at the line your attitude would be differnt too. i don't think that when said, "I think tulsa going 24/7 and bringing in more osm or what every they are called will go farther for saving jobs in tulsa." was being arrogant. he was simply pointing out a way to keep jobs in tulsa. whether they are amt's or osm's, a job is a job. top osm is @ $21. when/if they go osm they'll be at that pay and lose the amt pay. tulsa going 24/7 wont be that big of a deal. from some of the post on here, guys are working on the weekends anyway cause their sucking up the ot. yeah i understand that the lower pay, lose of amt status, and maybe not as much ot sucks but it's still a job. where are you gonna go find a job at $21 a hour and still live in the same area? few and far in between. at least aa isn't closing your base. even though they will outsource work, tulsa will still be there and there will jobs. not the option at afw.

Does anybody really believe AA is going to stay at Tulsa doing overhaul (except maybe mechanics at Tulsa).....they are just biding there time as there is not enough places right now to outsource all the work.....there is less political and community stress at AFW for a shutdown.....thats why its going first......Tulsa in the near future.

Does anybody really believe AA is going to stay at Tulsa doing overhaul (except maybe mechanics at Tulsa).....they are just biding there time as there is not enough places right now to outsource all the work.....there is less political and community stress at AFW for a shutdown.....thats why its going first......Tulsa in the near future.
tell you the truth, I don't even see the political will to prevent a TUL shutdown, except for some pledge from 514. The political arena has accepted the fact that TUL will be an MRO for either AA or somebody else. Now, what is the union going to do for the rest of us??? That's the real question here.
Are they going to ask for WN wages for the remaining amt's or throw them under the bus too????? WE shall see!!!

The public does not care whether overhaul stays or goes away. They also do not really care for unions in general. They have proven time and again that they will fly the carrier with the cheapest fares.
I have said the same in the past that the public doesn't care for unions. We are the cause of corporations going bankrupt, make to much per hour, have to many benefits, and prevent corporations from growing. But, Bob says different.
I also said in a different post somewhere that if the flying public cared where the planes are overhauled, they would have stopped flying certain airlines years ago.

Wonder if one could put a decal next to the entry door saying this planed overhauled in china?

I have said the same in the past that the public doesn't care for unions. We are the cause of corporations going bankrupt, make to much per hour, have to many benefits, and prevent corporations from growing. But, Bob says different.
I also said in a different post somewhere that if the flying public cared where the planes are overhauled, they would have stopped flying certain airlines years ago.

Wonder if one could put a decal next to the entry door saying this planed overhauled in china?
airline workers were also represented by unions when companies like AA, DL, UA were making billions in profits. The problem that nobody wants to admit is airlines can't charge the actual cost of transportation because people will finger shop the internet for the cheapest fares, but if all airlines priced their product like gas stations do....where they ALL charge the same for gas, people wouldn't have a choice but to pay the highest fares......at any airline!

I'm still waiting on someone to answer how AA intends on "raising" $1B in NEW revenue? are they going to raise fees, fares?????

The public does not care whether overhaul stays or goes away. They also do not really care for unions in general. They have proven time and again that they will fly the carrier with the cheapest fares.
the public should care because they may not care who fixes the airplane, but I'm sure they care who flies the silver bullet.

the public should care because they may not care who fixes the airplane, but I'm sure they care who flies the silver bullet.
But they don't. Walk around your neighborhood and take a poll. Ask your neighbors if they care where the planes are overhauled or who's flying it. Do they ask to see the pilot, do they ask where the pilot was trained, to see their license? I didn't think so.

Like you said in your previous post, most of the public is going to fly who's ever cheaper, even if it's by $1.00.
There are some brand loyal flyers out there, and we thank you for that!!!
To answer your question, I have no idea on where the new revenue is going to come from.

airline workers were also represented by unions when companies like AA, DL, UA were making billions in profits. The problem that nobody wants to admit is airlines can't charge the actual cost of transportation because people will finger shop the internet for the cheapest fares, but if all airlines priced their product like gas stations do....where they ALL charge the same for gas, people wouldn't have a choice but to pay the highest fares......at any airline!
Agreed. Excellent post.

I'm still waiting on someone to answer how AA intends on "raising" $1B in NEW revenue? are they going to raise fees, fares?????
That will be easy, as it's just 4% of last year's revenue. If all airlines can hold the line on capacity, fares can be pushed up somewhat. For some perspective, last week Delta said that it was able to push up unit revenue (PRASM) by 14% in January compared to January 2011. AMR increased revenue by about 9% year over year in both 2010 and 2011. If AMR can increase unit revenue by 9% in 2012, that should help make up for the loss of revenue from route cancellations and bankruptcy bookaway.

Agreed. Excellent post.

That will be easy, as it's just 4% of last year's revenue. If all airlines can hold the line on capacity, fares can be pushed up somewhat. For some perspective, last week Delta said that it was able to push up unit revenue (PRASM) by 14% in January compared to January 2011. AMR increased revenue by about 9% year over year in both 2010 and 2011. If AMR can increase unit revenue by 9% in 2012, that should help make up for the loss of revenue from route cancellations and bankruptcy bookaway.
Instead of qouting revenue number rubish and worrying about what Delta is doing, your time might be better spent demanding some retraining from the local, state government, and the TWU in a different industry. I got news for you boys, the precious TULE base is going the way of the dinasaur. Prepare yourself early with training or fight over what few jobs Quick Trip might have.

Agreed. Excellent post.

So, AA's revenue increased 18% over 2 years, yet labor costs for M&R have been stagnant for 9 years. Remember, we're still living under the CBA of 2003. So, the real question should be....what did AA do with all those billions in extra revenue???? Well, new interiors, power ports, IFE, paying lease rates on planes sitting in the desert, lease payments on facilities not being used, new terminals, new fuel trucks, new lav trucks, supervisors making manager salaries, millions in bonuses.....and, it's the mechanics fault why AA is in BK! are you kidding me!!!!

And when a line mechanic is bumped to TUL they too can experience the ease of overhaul.

I am sure if you were to ask the OSM's who have just begun their careers what their hourly rate is you would find that many are barely off the street and $21 he would be nice. However they are only looking back at the street from where they came from.

Latest posts