PHL XMAS OPS

This just in from "US Daily"

CONGRATS TO PHL HUB FOR HOLIDAY WELL-DONE
After a difficult holiday in 2004, the US Airways team at Philadelphia has more than recovered and the media noticed. What follows is an excerpt from a Philadelphia Inquirer story that ran on Sunday, Dec. 25.

Tense moments seemed few and far between yesterday at Philadelphia International Airport - nothing like what travelers faced a year ago at this time.

"Really, everyone just breezed through," airport spokesman Mark Pesce said late yesterday afternoon.

About 85,000 travelers were expected to pass through the airport yesterday, he said. Last night, they were doing so largely without incident. Much the same was expected today, one of the lightest traveling days of the year.

Air travel was hardly as smooth last Christmas, when US Airways was struggling with hundreds of canceled flights and thousands of lost bags. For three days, travelers missed flights, and many spent the holiday without their luggage, or slept in hotels or inside the airport waiting to be reunited with their bags…

There was at least one tense moment yesterday. Shontay Young, who had just flown in from Phoenix with three youngsters under the age of 5 and his wife, realized two baby car seats had not come off the carousel with his family's luggage. They were soon found by one of the roving US Airways information staffers.

What a great story for the Philly team and a graceful recovery over 2004. It’s nice to be recognized for a job well done - especially in the media where our customers will read it. And more importantly, for all the customers who didn’t have a chance to thank the entire US Airways team personally for all that was done to make the holiday weekend a success, thanks to each and everyone of you. You rock!

Seems I have seen this article a few times on this forum.

The article itself probably has been published in the forum...matter of fact I think I provided a link to it :unsure: What is new is our managements kudos on a job well done. I like Bob's comment that it can't be published enough. Way to go Philly!

Latest posts

Back