Pilot Labor Thread for the week 4/19-4/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
let the infighting begin!

:jerry:

(p.s. dear mod , we all know what's going to happen over the next few weeks )

Below is a question from someone who tried to start a separate thread TWICE.

Please follow the rules of the board.

I am only posting the question here because it seems like a valid topic for discussion.

From 195 Pilot:

If West Pilots keep all their jobs and upgrades from West attrition, what would be wrong with that? How does a fence hurt them? If furloughs happen both east and west pilots will be on the street under DOH.

I see no problem with that, if the two sides will really never come together as a group. West FO's get their growth/attrition upgrades, as does the East.

A few issues though:

Growth? Going to be all International and East ( OK with me, I'm East)

Whipsaw for equipment? LIKELY.

Internal turmoil? GUARANTEED.

Company advantage? GUARANTEED.

( at the end of the day, I still think our collective good is best served if East and West pull in the same direction)

It's time for an attitude adjustment and some conciliation for everyone. As difficult as it may seem at this time, all of the pilots need to start thinking and acting as a unified group. That is the only way that working conditions, pay,vacation, and other lifestyle issues can be improved upon. Statements like "The war is on" are immature and extremely counter-productive. It is time to quit wasting energy and time fighting each other. It needs to be the pilots versus the Company, not pilots versus pilots or unions. Have no doubts, if the groups stay separated, the company WILL whipsaw both groups mercilessly, and there will be everlasting anger and frustration.

It's time for an attitude adjustment and some conciliation for everyone. As difficult as it may seem at this time, all of the pilots need to start thinking and acting as a unified group. That is the only way that working conditions, pay,vacation, and other lifestyle issues can be improved upon. Statements like "The war is on" are immature and extremely counter-productive. It is time to quit wasting energy and time fighting each other. It needs to be the pilots versus the Company, not pilots versus pilots or unions. Have no doubts, if the groups stay separated, the company WILL whipsaw both groups mercilessly, and there will be everlasting anger and frustration.
Deleted by moderator.....Comments like this not getting off to a good start & we have no problem giving suspensions.................................................

I have been on the losing end of a long stick for a long time. I'm old, and tired. I've been out for 7 years on FUR. The only flying job I was offered was in Dubai...and I have 10K hours and 5 type ratings. I want to finish out what I can here at USAirways in peace...is that too much to ask?

If we can't seem to get our priorities right as a whole we are screwed...is that what you all want?

Look at Mesa...fractured union...no cohesiveness...no common strategy or agenda.....And that #### CEO laughs himself to sleep every night.

Don't let it happen to us...we're all professional pilots...and we SHOULD have common goals.

Did I mention that since my lengthy furlough, I now live in PHX?

Imagine my glee that I can't have one of the 20 West slots that were made available a few months back.....there were 13 slots left out West...new hires got them, and I have a 2000 hire date....this is what I'm talking about.
Now, some East residents are commuting to West, and I commute East...

The entire pilot group better pull together soon, or we will most certainly lose going forward.

Did I mention that since my lengthy furlough, I now live in PHX?

Imagine my glee that I can't have one of the 20 West slots that were made available a few months back.....there were 13 slots left out West...new hires got them, and I have a 2000 hire date....this is what I'm talking about.
Now, some East residents are commuting to West, and I commute East...

Sorry to hear of your difficulties elixer. I recently gave OE to a furloughed easty/west new hire - he's going to be based in Vegas. During his furlough, he had a job on a commuter line in Ireland. Did you even try to get hired on in the west? This fella is at the top of our F/O pay scale under our contract, and retains his recall rights to the east. Not a bad deal, eh?

n2flyin

The entire pilot group better pull together soon, or we will most certainly lose going forward.

I have a little-bitty chihuaha in this fight, and I'm praying I'm wrong about something... I hope I'm wrong about the number of people with your attitude are involved in the s**t storm to follow.

Whatever the hell happens, may your sensible thoughts and attachment to real issues prevail.

And god help us all. I don't care what color your lanyard is anymore (which, in fact, sickens me personally); we are still pilots, facing real attacks on our profession, and hopefully blind rage is replaced with the common denominator- we're truly all in this together. That goes beyond the flight deck officers, it goes beyond anything petty and perceived: Let's win this damned fight TOGETHER.

Great post, Elixir.

I have a little-bitty chihuaha in this fight, and I'm praying I'm wrong about something... I hope I'm wrong about the number of people with your attitude are involved in the s**t storm to follow.

Whatever the hell happens, may your sensible thoughts and attachment to real issues prevail.

And god help us all. I don't care what color your lanyard is anymore (which, in fact, sickens me personally); we are still pilots, facing real attacks on our profession, and hopefully blind rage is replaced with the common denominator- we're truly all in this together. That goes beyond the flight deck officers, it goes beyond anything petty and perceived: Let's win this damned fight TOGETHER.

Great post, Elixir.
Welcome to the jungle baby.

Thanks, guys...the first poster...I did not actually apply to HP...I had friends at Mesa in PHX...so I went there quiclky as I was in the middle of a nasty divorce too...and needed quick money.

I gave many, many J/S to Paul Jones ( I think) who is a senior check-airman at HP on the 73...he queried me too...I really didn't think I'd be out this long, so I didn't apply at the time.

(hindsight is wlways 20/20)

My point to you guys is this:

We didn't have any say in this deal...Parker saw an opportunity...he's a multi-millionaire now.

You and I are more alike than we think...we fly, we're cursed in that we love it...and we're NOT millionaires.

I just revisited this thread...seems my initial comment is under scrutiny by mods...

however, we have an actual East/West dialogue started in the meantime...

MOD: I'll save you the trouble...

Personal time out by me to me....

what a joke...

I just revisited this thread...seems my initial comment is under scrutiny by mods...

however, we have an actual East/West dialogue started in the meantime...

MOD: I'll save you the trouble...

Personal time out by me to me....

what a joke...

You are someone who should follow, not someone who should be followed.

Most if not all the contract improvements will come to the east side. They have said time and again that they are ok with LOA 93. I have no problem letting them toil away...who knows, maybe the savings they provide the company with their payrates will keep this place afloat.

You are someone who should follow, not someone who should be followed.
Really? based on what observation?

Do you thinK I'm weak in some way? maybe too weak to debate with you?

Say when...

I've read your particular flavor of BS...it is what it is...easy.

For the record...I will state unequivocally that I think both sides better work together soon...or else.

Now, so that this guy can lure me into some West/East confrontation....go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.