Pilot Labor Thread for the week 4/19-4/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/quote

Perhaps. Easy to cut and paste policies and procedures already in the works.
USAPA could move mountains and it wouldn't be good enough for you!... Don't waste people's time with your BS! From claiming USAPA has done nothing… when given merely a modicum of what they have accomplished… you claim "cut and paste"… The bottom line is you are wrong (nothing surprising about that) and just continue on with your little diatribe… no one who knows is buying into it!

former alpa america west pilot leaders practice the hokey pokey dance with former US Airways alpa leader jack stephan.

Put your right hand out, put your......,,,,,,,,,,,'''''''''''''''''''-------------

I have great satisfaction being part of a group that put these pilots back in the real world. Their girth, proves their fat cat former existence.

Hokey pokey

Surprise surprise! But FYI, I happen to think a 757 CO captain should be ahead of me, even though he was hired at CO after I was hired at UA. He brings it to the table, he has every right to keep his expectations. God bless him for making a better choice or being at a better place at a better time than I was. No hard feelings. How about that! Consistency. You should try it some time.

But don't you fret... CO and UA pilots have already worked out most of the details. That I know for fact, from the horses mouth. they bring a lot to the table as do we. It will be a very equitable integration. Jealous?

Really..... :rolleyes: It looks like the CAL pilots would disagree. From a CAL pilot;

To all -

It may interest you that my friends who fly for American Airlines think that most Continental pilots must be thinking we would clean United pilots' clocks in a merger. Like me, they think it is a miracle that United even survived 3.5 years in bankruptcy. We also believe that unless fuel prices drastically decrease and the economy rapidly improves, it is doubtful UAL could make it on their own to year end 2008 without another, likely terminal BK filing.

I know that I do not personally expect a windfall, but I certainly do not expect that our pilots should come out short as a result of a merger either. A quick conversation or email exchange with a member of our Merger Committee should convince you that our case is extremely strong.

IMHO, UAL pilots and their MEC should be scared to death of an arbitration, which gives CAL pilots tremendous leverage.

Some facts:
We have over 100 firm orders and another 100 options to their 0.
We have not been bankrupt in over 16 years; they (barely) emerged from BK after 3.5 years, less than 2 years ago.
We just lost $80 million in Q1 '08 to their half a billion +.
Our 737-800 rates are higher than their 767 rates.
Our 737-300/500 rates are higher than their 737-800-sized A320 rates.
Our 767 and 777 rates are higher than their 777 and 747-400 rates.
We have more retirements sooner.
We have many 3rd year captains; their junior captain was hired in 1998.
We have an exceptionally talented and experienced Merger Committee.
etc, etc

QUOTE (Leonidas @ Apr 26 2008, 09:03 PM)
Word is the east has lost yet another arbitration, this time they refused to wear the new uniform, so they went to arbitration and lost. I wonder if they will activate the cirp or erp programs to help them cope. Clowns
Why do you like to make this BS up ! Does it make you feel better?

Just for your information, it was ALPA that told us to not wear the new uniforms not USAPA. Now that ALPA is gone, many pilots are wearing their new uniforms, including myself.

DOH 10/84

Actually?...I've seriously found both the expressed fantasies and the adolescant insults to serve as great reasons to take full heart during the last year. Although I'd VERY much prefer east-west cooperation; it's clear that many in the west seek a purely adversarial role. With that being the case; what better comfort can be offered than imaginary "victories", coupled with childish anger and the attendant, apparent desperation?...I'll not too heavily tread upon the wholesale lack of creative intellect evidenced by the quality of the offered insults = Such magnificent, and amazingly original constructs as "Clowns", "Sheep"etc....readilly providing full and very comfortable insight into the cerebral subtlety of the "foe".

It may well prove purely impossible to constructively work together with some of these people. That's unfortunate for all concerned, but; such is life.

Dream on, CO wants nothing to do with UA according to all my friends there.
Think what you want. While there are certainly going to be some on both sides of any merger who do not want it to go through, I have talked directly to people involved with the union negotiations. And while they are unable to provide specifics due to confidentiality, one can usually read between the lines when a person who wants to tell all but can't speaks to you. (A foot stomp here and a rolling of the eyes there... non verbal communication is a wonderful thing :up: ) A UA/CO merger, while still full of potential hurdles from a labor perspective, will be one of the smoothest integrations you will ever see. Mark my words.

Really..... :rolleyes: It looks like the CAL pilots would disagree. From a CAL pilot;

To all -

It may interest you that my friends who fly for American Airlines think that most Continental pilots must be thinking we would clean United pilots' clocks in a merger.

I know that I do not personally expect a windfall, but I certainly do not expect that our pilots should come out short as a result of a merger either.

IMHO, UAL pilots and their MEC should be scared to death of an arbitration, which gives CAL pilots tremendous leverage.
Gee, and what does this prove? See my previous post.

No one at United disagrees with the fact that CO brings a lot to the table and they should get credit for it, including their career expectations. No one on either side has any expectation of a windfall at the expense of the other or DOH. It already has been agreed that DOH is off the table. Both sides are like-minded in their desire to find an equitable way to slot everyone so that they keep their RELATIVE seniority. Both sides want nothing to do with USAirways and their civil war. And yes, United pilots and Continental pilots are both scared to death of arbitration, which is why it will be avoided at all cost through compromise and negotiation. And when an impasse arises it will be resolved economically by the company and not come from the pilot's pockets.

You guys have no clue what it means to compromise or come together and find mutually acceptable solutions. If UA and CO actually pull the trigger on a merger, we'll show you how it's done! ;)

... A UA/CO merger, while still full of potential hurdles from a labor perspective, will be one of the smoothest integrations you will ever see. Mark my words.
Now I understand where you're coming from. You're dillusional! The larger the group, the more animosity. That's the way it works. Lets' see how ALPA merger policy works for UAL, since Prater is a CO guy. If I were you, I'd be ready to "hit the street"!

Since CAL CLEARLY has higher career expectations than ANY pilot at UAL, UAL should go ON THE BOTTOM of the list, at least according to the pro Nic guys on this forum.

How what's done? Murder/suicide? It'll be ugly. Mark my words...

And it will all be because ALPA has NO REAL MERGER POLICY! You guys are screwed!

No merger policy? Really? It seems the world disagrees with you, or at least the Chicago Tribune disagrees with your myopic assessment of a possible UA/CO hookup:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi...0,1228234.story

Specifically from this article of relevance to you: Otherwise, talks between the carriers and their pilots unions have progressed smoothly.

It is clear by your mindset and postings that you insulate yourself in your bitter past. And you are not alone, many of the objective thinkers around here recognize these same traits in your contempories posting endlessly about imagined failures of an association which has hardly anything to do with your train wreck of a career. The direction your life has gone has been from the person staring at you in the mirror and to a lesser degree your own USAir pilots elected to represent you with the company. Put another way, the world is not upside down, you are.

No merger policy? Really? It seems the world disagrees with you, or at least the Chicago Tribune disagrees with your myopic assessment of a possible UA/CO hookup:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi...0,1228234.story

Specifically from this article of relevance to you: Otherwise, talks between the carriers and their pilots unions have progressed smoothly.

It is clear by your mindset and postings that you insulate yourself in your bitter past. And you are not alone, many of the objective thinkers around here recognize these same traits in your contempories posting endlessly about imagined failures of an association which has hardly anything to do with your train wreck of a career. The direction your life has gone has been from the person staring at you in the mirror and to a lesser degree your own USAir pilots elected to represent you with the company. Put another way, the world is not upside down, you are.
I bet I've been in this industry a whole lot longer than you or ANY of those experts you quote. I stand by what I said. Just wait and see what happens.

My, my. Defeat is a bitter pill. You need to go see someone to get over your loss. Maybe I can recommend a good shrink. Let me know if I can help.

Why do you like to make this BS up ! Does it make you feel better?

Just for your information, it was ALPA that told us to not wear the new uniforms not USAPA. Now that ALPA is gone, many pilots are wearing their new uniforms, including myself.

DOH 10/84
I think that they should not wear the new uniform until they are paid the same as the west. If the company wants us to look the same they should get paid the same.

Its discrimination at its pure form.

wopr21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts