Pit Fab To Close

The End

Advanced
Jul 29, 2005
Pit engine final assy building (FAB) to close in the first part of Feb. Thursday several semi trucks unloaded tooling and equipment from TIMCO. Employees where given 120 day notice. No one is sure of what will happen to the QEC work. One thing is sure. All of PIT maint. in my opinion will be history. Just a few weeks ago we were told in a meeting that U was negotiating long term leases on FAB and the hangers. Past history told me the end was near. When the talking head was so upbeat about it and said we have a future here I knew it wouldn't be long. I have heard this same story too many times and the outcome has been the same. He also reassured us because of our great scope clause in our contract that we will be around for a long time. That also should be considered suspect now. One thing I have learned with certainty is that when management (and even the unions) open their mouths BS comes out. The End

The QEC is still part of the scope language it will have to be performed in-house.

Gee Bob,

All the airbus work is done in-house at the PIT MTC Base.

The IAM is pro-worker, that is why they fought the company over the Airbus work.

Educate yourself before you post.

Once again you have no idea of what you talk about, if the workers were non-union instead of IAM the company would have shut down all heavy mtc and laid everyone off.

Hmmmm..........we do QEC's in PHX. I'm sure consolidation is a possibility. The main question would be WHERE if a consolidation was to happen.

Tom and Buffy are the same person.

Airbus Arbitration
HMO Arbitration
401K Arbitration
50 years of a high standard of wages, working conditions and pension

Roach represents over 100,000 transportation workers, not just US Airways, and Canale did take paycuts both times when UAL employees took concessions, once in the ESOP and now under the current concessions at UAL. Buffy represents over 500,000 members.

First of all the IAM has approached the company numerous times on the PHL equipment issue, but that issue is not contractual, management owns the right to supply the equipment as needed.

The only fraud is you as you talk out your sphincter instead of actually knowing what is going on as you are just a passenger who thinks you know everything about the airlines, unions and how they operate.

The QEC is still part of the scope language it will have to be performed in-house.

:down:
Scope have you read your Attachment C 33 shops you let go?
How many tech is that? :down:

Still reading contract a lot of pages deleated form APR.-AUG. of 2005.
Wow wasn't Merger anounced before AUG. and you where still giving up jobs.
Go ahead and tell us all about IAM SCOPE. and there back bone or back stabing. :shock:

Tom and Buffy are the same person.

Airbus Arbitration
HMO Arbitration
401K Arbitration
50 years of a high standard of wages, working conditions and pension

Roach represents over 100,000 transportation workers, not just US Airways, and Canale did take paycuts both times when UAL employees took concessions, once in the ESOP and now under the current concessions at UAL. Buffy represents over 500,000 members.

First of all the IAM has approached the company numerous times on the PHL equipment issue, but that issue is not contractual, management owns the right to supply the equipment as needed.

The only fraud is you as you talk out your sphincter instead of actually knowing what is going on as you are just a passenger who thinks you know everything about the airlines, unions and how they operate.
:down: :down: :down:
I read that your pension was DELETED ARR. 12 2005 http://www.teamsterslocal104.org/Files/M_R...ft_9_07_05_.pdf Page 232 keep telling us all about SCOPE

Lets see this is too easy, and yes the pension was terminated in bankruptcy, but it was still there and has been since 1949.

Where does HP get it 737s and 757s overhauled?
Timco in Macon, GA

Where does HP get is A320s overhauled?
Aeroman in San Salvador, El Salvador.

US overhauls all A320s in-house and 50% of the 737s.

Gee who's scope is better?

HP 850 mechanics, US almost 2,000.

No Brainer.

Lets see this is too easy, and yes the pension was terminated in bankruptcy, but it was still there and has been since 1949.

Where does HP get it 737s and 757s overhauled?
Timco in Macon, GA

Where does HP get is A320s overhauled?
Aeroman in San Salvador, El Salvador.

US overhauls all A320s in-house and 50% of the 737s.

Gee who's scope is better?

HP 850 mechanics, US almost 2,000.

No Brainer.

YES we all know that. But we're not blindsiding our members. If you could read the IBT contract you would see that we have strong SCOPE here to. You just cant read that/or understand our maintenice was already gone before the IBT was voted in and no work has left and enployeement has grown. can you say the same. In the 90 when we where in BK there where very few lay offs and they where back before DEC 95 when Frankie closed the C-check lines. Look around the guy next to may have already signed a CARD and sent it in. :up: :up:

SSBB Today, 12:02 PM Post #16
Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 7,881
QUOTE(Bird Doctor @ Oct 28 2005, 11:17 AM)
IBT numbers growing
Sorry Dell & 7 not looking good
I hear that Cards are coming In more and more every day. :up: :up:

ps You might need this... http://www.aviationemployment.com/

If you read my post on a previous thread I qouted your contract.

You call all heavy maintenance being peformed by Timco and Aeroman strong?

That is an oxymoron.

Your weak language:

2.3 The parties agree that the Company may continue to (a) contract out work heretofore customarily or historically contracted out (B) return equipment parts or assemblies to the manufacturer or to a manufacturer - approved repair station for repair or replacement, © contract out work when the Company’s facilities and equipment are not sufficient, or qualified personnel are not available, or where employees available do not have the experience and ability to perform the work required, (d) contract out work at any location where such work has not heretofore been performed by unit employees on a regular basis, or at any location where the Company has not heretofore maintained permanent maintenance facilities or employees. The Company shall not, however, contract out work if such contracting our would result in a reduction in force for any employee covered by this Agreement. Nothing in this Article, however,
shall prevent the Company from implementing a furlough for economic reasons unrelated to contracting out.

2.4 If the Company needs to contract out work presently performed by employees covered by this Agreement and not described in paragraph 2.3(a) through (d) above, the Company will so notify the Union by written notice. If after the effective date of this Agreement, the Union believes the Company is abusing the right to contract out as provided in this Article, the Union shall initiate discussions with the Company on that issue within ten (10) days of notice. Not later than ten (10) days after the conclusion of such discussions (as may be indicated in writing by one of the parties), the Union may seek resolution of any alleged violation by filing a grievance using the procedures set forth in Articles 6 and 7. The Union shall file any subcontracting grievances directly with the Company’s Vice President - Maintenance and Engineering, bypassing Steps One and Two of the Grievance Procedure set forth in Article 6.

Looks like HP is free to outsource anything they want.

If you read my post on a previous thread I qouted your contract.

You call all heavy maintenance being peformed by Timco and Aeroman strong?

That is an oxymoron.

Your weak language:
Looks like HP is free to outsource anything they want.

Are you reading 2.4 or just the part in 2.3 that you like that makes your point? Read it all and not just little bits.

Scope have you read your Attachment C 33 shops you let go?
How many tech is that?

Still reading contract a lot of pages deleated form APR.-AUG. of 2005.
Wow wasn't Merger anounced before AUG. and you where still giving up jobs.
Go ahead and tell us all about IAM SCOPE. and there back bone or back stabing.

Are you that ignorant?

US was in bankrupty twice in the past three years, and we yes we suffered layoffs, even with that there are more IAM mechanics at US then IBT mechanics at HP.

Through it all the scope of the IAM CBA is better then the IBT.

IBT has a history of outsourcing, CO, UPS, WN, all outsource under the IBT's watch.

Are you that ignorant?

US was in bankrupty twice in the past three years, and we yes we suffered layoffs, even with that there are more IAM mechanics at US then IBT mechanics at HP.

Through it all the scope of the IAM CBA is better then the IBT.

IBT has a history of outsourcing, CO, UPS, WN, all outsource under the IBT's watch.

Of cource you have more Tech you have more A/C and you need 9.1 to our 6.5 Tech per A/C. That math was hard :blink: There are loop holes in your contract that would let them send out work. are you that much of a backwoods hillbilly? To think you have locked up is CLT/PHT look at the jobs that are moving West. Bring your sun block :cool:

I'm Anti-Union!
Sure you are, any octopus with the suction power of a JT8 Jet Engine would keep all of management with a big smiles on their faces. You showed your true colors a long time ago educating us all on how to screw over your fellow workers, but without suction cups the rest of us working fools must actually make it minus suction cups and black handled cleavers.

Pasty white dough boy spouting off to REAL men how to make it in this world when all you're really accomplishing is making yourself into a bigger ___ than you already are.

Back