Pit Fab To Close

You post something on a public web board but the public is not allowed to comment?

That's ridiculous.
No what's REALLY ridiculous is that most airlines are flying in the negative, costing them money basically giving the Piney Whinny Bobbies a free ride and trying to convince their employees everything will be ok and they will be around giving them a job until 2020...THAT is what I call REALLY ridiculous.... :p

personally i prefer the cfm 56-3 with its higher bypass ratio and increased thrust. ;)
Actually GE is making them obsolete already...you must be out of the loop already dude...:)

HINT: GO the GE aviation

Point was, a JT8 would suck one inside out, no need for further thrust :p

Actually GE is making them obsolete already...you must be out of the loop already dude...:)
HINT: GO the GE aviation
Point was, a JT8 would suck one inside out, no need for further thrust :p
JT8D-200 series:
Engine Characteristics
Takeoff thrust: 14,000 - 21,700 lb
Bypass ratio: 0.96 - 1.74

cfm56-3:
18,500 – 23,500 POUNDS THRUST
Bypass ratio 6.0

The current CFM56 family includes four fan sizes and thrusts from 18,500 to 34,000 pounds.

A growing number of CFM56-3 engines reach more than 25,000 hours before their first shop visit removal

Expected first run life of more than 16,000 engine flight hours

outa the loop dude?
dash 3 only been improved upon not obsolete.....
seems to me we didn't have any jt8's with this kinda reliability or power.

JT8D-200 series:
Engine Characteristics
Takeoff thrust: 14,000 - 21,700 lb
Bypass ratio: 0.96 - 1.74

cfm56-3:
18,500 – 23,500 POUNDS THRUST
Bypass ratio 6.0

The current CFM56 family includes four fan sizes and thrusts from 18,500 to 34,000 pounds.

A growing number of CFM56-3 engines reach more than 25,000 hours before their first shop visit removal

Expected first run life of more than 16,000 engine flight hours

outa the loop dude?
dash 3 only been improved upon not obsolete.....
seems to me we didn't have any jt8's with this kinda reliability or power.

You need to do more research..dude__ GE is on top of it, read it on the computer at work.

Well put Calibrator!
We all must remember whom we are dealing with here.
A Frequent Flyer.
It amazes me to think how much time this individual must have on his hands.
Get a life PineyBob, and don’t worry about ours!
Don’t try to tell me how committed you are to travel LCC you would jump ship if it was convenient and cost affective.
How about going and stirring the Shxt somewhere else!
Although Piney has occasionally supported my beliefs, I still wonder at times if he's a well placed shill for the company. :blink:

PineyBob is not a shill. He just likes to stir the pot and see how it comes out.

Piney may not be a shill....and I believe he's not , however , what he does has another name , its called being a "Troll"

Think for yourself...the man bounces from thread to thread , regardless if its a thread about Pilot's and ALPA...F/A's and the AFA or Mechanics and Related and the IAM....and he always knows more about OUR business than we do :rolleyes:

I believe Calibrator hit the nail on the head long ago , when he started calling PineyBob IKE....as in "I know Everything". :p

I quit the crap that has become USAir 3 months ago, no two weeks notice, how about 2 hours? I am the happiest I have ever been. I lived through the IAM at Republic Airlines, Northwest and USAirways over 19 years total and have nothing but grief and a sore back to show for it. The IAM is bigger business now than the airlines they represent at. There is life after the majors, trust me, they have been promising forever at USAirways and gotten nothing. "Keep your powder dry" we were told, and for what? Or how about the shirts "I'll strike if provoked". What a crock. We bent over and took it at USAir and have become a cancer to the whole industry. The state of unions today is a joke, they protect the lazy and self-serving, and the rest of America could care less about them now.

Back