Planned Parenthood Sets New Record

OK, solved the problem ! One FREE abortion, even though I don't believe in them, it's still the woman's body, BUT immediately after aborting, it's "Tubal-Ligation" time. When this person becomes a self-sufficient citizen and feels the time is right to rear children, they "PAY" for reversal of the tubal-ligation !

Of course this doesn't solve the issue of women pumping them out, just in order to receive benefits !

What if she refuses sterilization?

Reactions: 2 people
Reasonable solutions worthy of debate. Including a cap on how many kids you can put on welfare. One but have three? Split the one benefit between three. If you cant clothe, feedor see kids get a decent education, they wards of the state. Im open to it.

A child becoming a ward of the state is not in the best interest of the child or society. I think it will be far more cost effective and result effective to push sex ed, free or close to free birth control to help stem the tide.

A child should not be punished for the problems of the parent. Letting the child stay with the parent or taking the child away are two very bad solutions to a much bigger problem.

Reactions: 2 people
A child becoming a ward of the state may be the best thing for a child and society. Take the children away from idiots and into a nurturing and educational environment helps the child excel and break the bonds of poverty and contribute to society. Look at what Oprah has done in Africa.

I grew up in the south bronx and visit family several times a year. Kids only know what they see and are thought. Many of these people are illiterate and act like animals when stoned, hungover or looking for their next fix.

It wouldnt be a punishment for these kids. It would be a blessing.

If you look at foster homes and the out comes it may be a better alternative than keeping the child with the parent (barely) but certainly not ideal. Take that and expand it and the costs will sky rocket. I think it is far better and cheaper to try and mitigate the pregnancies in the first place and also work on the foster programs. I would like to try and prevent as may of the pregnancies from happening, something the religious right has not interest in doing.

Reactions: 1 person
Not talking foster care. I'm talking boarding schools, lots of them, that can have oversight. once you live with these people, you will realize that telling them about the birds and the bees and birth control is useless.

Girls are targets and there are lots of mental illness in poverty. Boys will do what there role models do and girls will do what their role models do. They have no concept of structure. Would you believe that my childhood friends close to my age (48) are GREAT GRANDPARENTS??? These kids think it is normal to have kids at puberty. And they cant go to school.

It would be cheaper in the long run to take two generations of kids and put them in boarding schools.

Which is what "compassionate conservatives" tend to tell unwed mothers applying for government assisstance..."you shoulda kept your legs together". No assistance...just some sage after the fact advice. Funny thing....very few every mention the MAN'S role in baby making.

I told my daughter that life isn't fair. The quarterback on the high school football team might well be nailing a different girl every night...but Friday nights under the lights....boy can that kid throw. Should the subject of his romantic conquests be brought up, it's a nod, a wink and "boys will be boys". On the other hand, if he was the ONLY boy a girl has been with and she pisses him off - should word get out that she had sex with him, she becomes "a slut".

The role of the Federal government is to Preserve Liberty, Enforce Contracts, Defend our Shores (not the world) Enforce Private Property Rights.

Social Welfare programs are not in within the scope of the Federal Government, Social Welfare programs are if the electorate agrees are the responsibility pf the State and local government.

Maximum Individual Liberty demands an equal amount of responsibility. This means that decisions have consequences. A guy and girl find themselves consumed by lust have sex and there is a resulting pregnancy.are the only ones responsible and accountable. They made a choice, now they have to live with it. They can choose to abort, keep or put up for adoption said child. If they keep the child and dissolve their relationship "Daddy" is obligated to pay child support and Mom get's to raise the child.

Life is filled with choices, some optimum, some less so. Individual Liberty means you get to live with them all by your lomrsome

Reactions: 1 person
Frankly Glenn I don't read much of Rothbards writings. If you have a link handy I'll take a look at it. Based on the way you posed the question I'd say no.
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"In the libertarian society, then, [/background]the mother would have the absolute right to her own body and therefore to perform an abortion[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]; and would have the trustee-ownership of her children, an ownership limited only by the illegality of aggressing against their persons and by their absolute right to run away or to leave home at any time. [/background]Parents would be able to sell their trustee-rights in children to anyone who wished to buy them at any mutually agreed price[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]."[/background]

http://mises.org/rothbard/ethics/fourteen.asp

The role of the Federal government is to Preserve Liberty, Enforce Contracts, Defend our Shores (not the world) Enforce Private Property Rights.

Social Welfare programs are not in within the scope of the Federal Government, Social Welfare programs are if the electorate agrees are the responsibility pf the State and local government.

Maximum Individual Liberty demands an equal amount of responsibility. This means that decisions have consequences. A guy and girl find themselves consumed by lust have sex and there is a resulting pregnancy.are the only ones responsible and accountable. They made a choice, now they have to live with it. They can choose to abort, keep or put up for adoption said child. If they keep the child and dissolve their relationship "Daddy" is obligated to pay child support and Mom get's to raise the child.

Life is filled with choices, some optimum, some less so. Individual Liberty means you get to live with them all by your lomrsome

The funny thing is that in principle I agree with you. In reality, I believe your theory like most Libertarian ideals are just that, idealistic. The children do not grow up in a vacuum. They grow up in our society. We do not punish children for the mistakes of their parents. Children affect society. That affect can be both positive or negative. Ignoring the plight of the parents (as dysfunctional as they may be) and the child can and do have very adverse effects on society as a whole. I think that we as a society should be doing everything in our power to prevent unwanted pregnancies and they accompanying abortions.

Reactions: 3 people

Thanks Glenn.

This is why Libertarians get a bad name. If your philosophically and intellectually pure then of course Mr Rothbard is correct. One could make an argument that Mr Rothbards theory should be put to the test. One could, however I will not be the one to do it.

We live in a world where about the only thing pure is Ivory Soap and even that's 99.44% pure. To expect to extend the free market to people being allowed to buy and sell children is something that almost no one will tolerate..Remarks like these from Mr Rothbard is one of the primary reasons Libertarians are often viewed as "kooks".

PS: I just finished reading the piece from Von Mises Institute and I want to tear my hair out. Right, Wrong or indifferent this is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy. Someone just getting into looking for alternatives to the Reps and Dems reads that and they don't walk away they sprint away. One it's dry as dust and 2 at first read it's "Holly Christ they want to sell kids"

40th March for Life crowds could top Obama Inauguration

obama-scary-surgeon.jpg

The biggest crowds ever for the annual March for Life protest are expected to hit Washington January 25 as hundreds of thousands attend the 40th anniversary rally to protest the 1973 Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion, according to organizers.
The march, expected to attract tens of thousands more than the record 400,000 two years ago, could rival President Obama's Inauguration Day crowd, propelled by the growing youth support of efforts to overturn Roe v. Wade, which the president has embraced with open arms. Obama drew 1.8 million in 2009. Just 600,000 are expected January 21st.
One critical sign of how big the march will be: Hotels pre-booked for participants sold out a month ago while many Washington hotels report lukewarm interest for rooms during the Inauguration. In 2009, hotels sold out months in advance as an excited nation readied to welcome the first black president.
http://washingtonexa...47#.UO91PqwkKSr

Latest posts