Political Correctness rewriting our history?

And miserable curs insist the White Southern Male Master race still exists, while they are living evidence it never did.

Insp4 said:
For one thing KC, let me tell you something I spent four years in the military.on a carrier off of North Viet Nam, How about you? So, it's o.k. to display to display Viet congo flag, but you have a problem with the stars and bars? Son, you got a problem! 
Yea, that eminent attack from the North Vietnam Submarine fleet must have must have been intense... :LOL:

KCFlyer said:

Thank you for your service.  Do you think that a US Military museum should honor the Viet Cong?  Because honoring the CSA and all that it stood for is no different.  They were both enemies of the United States Military  
Hey K.C. What makes you think that by ignoring what happened, and trying to rewrite history, is the "honorable"  thing to do?

KCFlyer said:

You are wrong.   I am 59 years old.  I was born and raised in the south.  Grew up with a lot of children of "dixiecrats".  They still hate those damn blacks as much as their parents did.   They just vote republican today.  And.....they aren't shy about sharing their feelings about blacks (and now Hispanics and Muslims - thank you Donald) with THEIR kids.  It's a pretty vicious cycle.  A nasty cycle.  But as much as the GOP doesn't want to admit it - those racist southern democrats are now racist southern republicans.  

I spent many years in the south and I believe you nailed it.

B) xUT

Insp4 said:
Hey K.C. What makes you think that by ignoring what happened, and trying to rewrite history, is the "honorable"  thing to do?

I am all for portraying enemies of the US military in a US military museum.  That would include the stars and bars.  But if there is any effort to attach some sort of respect or honor to that flag, then we need to attach similar effort to the viet cong, the nazis and the japanese.  You okay with that? 

xUT said:
Yea, that eminent attack from the North Vietnam Submarine fleet must have must have been intense... :lol:
Don't know nothing about that, and really don't care. But if you look it up, you'de find it was a gun boat, not a submarine. I was in an F-8E fighter squadron. Lost two of our pilots on that cruise.

Insp4 said:
Don't know nothing about that, and really don't care. But if you look it up, you'de find it was a gun boat, not a submarine. I was in an F-8E fighter squadron. Lost two of our pilots on that cruise.
4 year cruise, I think Gilligan did better than that.

KCFlyer said:

I am all for portraying enemies of the US military in a US military museum.  That would include the stars and bars.  But if there is any effort to attach some sort of respect or honor to that flag, then we need to attach similar effort to the viet cong, the nazis and the japanese.  You okay with that? 
Now did I state, at any time, I was sympathetic to their cause? What I'm trying to say here is you can't ignore, or try and rewrite history just because you don't agree with what they stood for. And by doing so is just as much of an offence to me, and my fellow military veterans, as what that flag stood for. You just can't  ignore 625,000 men killed and try to blot it out of history in the name of political correctness. 

xUT said:
4 year cruise, I think Gilligan did better than that.
xUT, you must be dumb as  box of rocks. I won't even reply to that one.

Insp4 said:
Now did I state, at any time, I was sympathetic to their cause? What I'm trying to say here is you can't ignore, or try and rewrite history just because you don't agree with what they stood for. And by doing so is just as much of an offence to me, and my fellow military veterans, as what that flag stood for. You just can't  ignore 625,000 men killed and try to blot it out of history in the name of political correctness. 

Nope...but it seems to me that the term "politically correct" seemed to apply to people who were against the glorification of the confederacy.  I've not come across many who say "hide the confederate flag and lets pretend the civil war never happened".   If anything, those that opposed the flying of an enemy flag over state capitol buildings would LOVE to see it displayed as what it was - the battle flag of an enemy of the US.   

You asked an attendant twice if it was because of "political correctness".  And apparently "no comment" indicated the affirmative.   I took it to mean "I'd rather not discuss politics on the job".  Especially if was after all the brouhaha surrounding the removal of said flag from flying over state capitol building....you know...part of that "states rights" thing, which was another code word for the Cliven Bundy "they'd have been better off as slaves" crowd. 

The fact that this was a government facility and the obvious deletion of, like it or not, part of our history, is a statement in itself. I didn't have to ask any questions to come to the conclusions I did. 

Drop the nonsense, this wasn't your personal account and when asked to verify it you didn't know where it was, and then said it wasn't on an Army base after all.

KCFlyer said:

You are wrong.   I am 59 years old.  I was born and raised in the south.  Grew up with a lot of children of "dixiecrats".  They still hate those damn blacks as much as their parents did.   They just vote republican today.  And.....they aren't shy about sharing their feelings about blacks (and now Hispanics and Muslims - thank you Donald) with THEIR kids.  It's a pretty vicious cycle.  A nasty cycle.  But as much as the GOP doesn't want to admit it - those racist southern democrats are now racist southern republicans.  

Children of dead Dixiecrats?

You don't even know what a Dixiecrat is.

And there are no racist southern democrats ?

Naw, they're all just racist southerners.

Insp4 said:
The fact that this was a government facility and the obvious deletion of, like it or not, part of our history, is a statement in itself. I didn't have to ask any questions to come to the conclusions I did. 

And here's the thing....taking down the flag of an enemy over a state capitol was derided as a "politically correct" action.  That's because they didn't feel that it was right to honor an enemy of the United States by flying an enemy flag over a state capitol.   Those people aren't asking to forget that there ever was a civil war....they just didn't think is was "politically correct" to fly that flag at over a state capitol.  Now...true enough,  some of them didn't want people to be able to buy a glorification of a flag that represented slavery.  THOSE politically correct people would WELCOME a historical presentation of the enemies of our country.   The fact that a military museum decided not to display it may have been.  "reverse political correctness" by not displaying a reminder that at one point in time we fought each other...thus allowing those who feel the confederate flag should hold a place of honor in our nations history would not be offended by seeing it portrayed as an enemy.   And THAT is rewriting history. 

Back