PSS Cutover

jcw said:
How did a great conversion turn into such a negative thread

Congrats to everyone at AA
Agreed. A quick check of Google News shows lots of stories about the final US flight and the sadness of former US employees but no stories of meltdowns.

Congrats to the frontline employees for doing what they do very well every day and, in a rare nod to upper management, congrats to Parker/Kirby for learning from their prior mistakes, because the US/HP integration was a disaster. A large part of the blame was because Parker/Kirby arrogantly thought that HP's systems were superior and the much-larger US employee base had to learn the tiny airline's "better" system.

Smisek the dumbass repeated that error when he did the same thing to the larger UA employees on March 3, 2012, which heralded the slow decline in UA's size, as bankrupt AA pulled in lots of business from UA in 2012 just after filing for Ch 11 (it usually doesn't work out that way).

Again - congrats to the rank and file.

Reactions: 6 people
Just 2 turns all day, life is good! And to all who down voted me, I hope for a sh#ty as hell day for ya even at home. Ya POS.

Ya haven't yet figured out yet, I'm not going away!
and you shouldn't.

Heard issues with the Printers from the PHL Agents.  But with Sabre, you have to assign a printer so maybe that was the issue?   But all and all, not bad at all.   Flew from Myr to Phl today, early and no issues...

bob@las-AA said:
Just 2 turns all day, life is good! And to all who down voted me, I hope for a sh#ty as hell day for ya even at home. Ya POS.

that deserves another negative vote!

Reactions: 3 people
It is sad to see an airline fly off into the sunset - being sad for that is legit

I separate being sad for your airline going away from being negative about the system migration

Reactions: 1 person
Congrats to everyone on what seems like a well-executed systems integration!  Now it's time to kick DL's and UA's butts!  :)

Reactions: 3 people
bob@las-AA said:
Truly classless.

Our station mgr told us today it was a grand slam bec while there were few glitches system wide it was an overall successful great job to all so long USAirways Hello AA.

USFlyer said:
Congrats to everyone on what seems like a well-executed systems integration!  Now it's time to kick DL's and UA's butts!   :)
tell us how getting a single res system will do that and why it couldn't have been done before.

is winning in the marketplace really dependent on a common computer system?

robbedagain said:
Rogallo. All us aircraft will wear the new ugly paint job by middle to end of next yr

Being painted that beautiful new paint job doesn't make them AA aircraft yet. When will AA mechanics start working on them not being contract maintenance?

Reactions: 2 people