PSS Cutover

Hope777 said:
Heard issues with the Printers from the PHL Agents.  But with Sabre, you have to assign a printer so maybe that was the issue?   But all and all, not bad at all.   Flew from Myr to Phl today, early and no issues...
At most, but not all stations, you just press the F1 key and it automatically assigns a pre-designated printer (for agents, the one at the podium).  For some reason this is not true at all stations.  That may be what they are running into.

WorldTraveler said:
tell us how getting a single res system will do that and why it couldn't have been done before.

is winning in the marketplace really dependent on a common computer system?

Jeez.  Of course not.  But integrating two large airlines takes a lot of management attention.  The sooner that's done, the sooner that frees up bandwidth to focus on growing the business.  You know that.  You've cited that multiple times in posts over the years -- that being that DL is way ahead of the game because it completed all of this first.

Reactions: 3 people
Indeed.... and I am aware of that.

but integration also means that some of the difficult steps that can only be done under a single platform can be done.

It is precisely because DL got its operational integration issues out of the way fairly quickly and without much difficulty that they moved on to other things that were not quite as fun - like cutting CVG in favor of DTW and MEM in favor of ATL.

UA has been slower in that process but they have shuttered a hub in CLE and the much talked about LAX restructuring is creating opportunities and risks.

Yes, AA will be able to move on to the next step but there are a lot of other steps between a single res system and beginning to regain competitiveness.

Further, as you also well know there were statements made by AA as the last of the megamergers regarding job retention and protection. As the dates by which those promises expire, there will be other changes that could be as significant as what is gained wiht a single res system.

and in the process of AA becoming more competitive, other carriers aren't standing still.

USFlyer said:
Jeez.  Of course not.  But integrating two large airlines takes a lot of management attention.  The sooner that's done, the sooner that frees up bandwidth to focus on growing the business.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and neither - for that matter - does AA's own President Scott Kirby, who said during the 4Q14 earnings call:

"...we expect to ... be able to realize the bulk of the revenue synergies once we move to a single reservation system in the fourth quarter"

"Once we get to the single reservation system that will unlock a lot of the synergies that we can’t realize until we’re onto a single reservation system."

"...we will see as synergies going into 2016 after integration ... on the revenue side, I think we might be at about 50% now with more to come in 2016 and ‘17."

Hmmm ...

Reactions: 3 people
No one has said that the revenue synergies aren't heavily tied to a single res system.

but there is a big difference between achieving revenue synergies and competing against other carriers such that "we will kick their butt" which is the statement that was made.

Great conversion this weekend glad we were able to quickly get to trashing AA - it's just unbelievable

Reactions: 5 people
no one is trashing anyone.

I offered my congratulations on the first page of this thread for what was clearly a well planned and executed cutover.

Reactions: 1 person
Sigh.  How a positive thread can turn negative so quickly is amazing.  And, my apologies to everyone else.  I broke my rule of not reading nor replying to WT's posts.

Reactions: 6 people
repeat after me:

I have said nothing negative about AA's cutover process... in fact, I said that AA planned and executed a very successful cutover.

I did respond to the comment that AA now kick butt by saying that an integrated res system doesn't make or limit the ability of AA or any other carrier to win in the marketplace.

Believe the truth and leave the victim role at the door...

now kick butt but don't look to the res system to make it happen for you.

Ok, just did my first non rev trip after cutover and on AA metal.  I flew as D1 and everything was great!  LOVE Jetaway and Mobi !! So cool to keep tabs on the process and know how things are progressing.  Flew DCALAX and had the new sky interior.  Is this going to be the new standard going forward? What is the percentage of the fleet in this configuration?  The IFE was very good.  All the AA agents were very good and every flight departed on time.  I hope they convert all the former US airbus a/c to the IFE! 

Reactions: 6 people
ChrisUS said:
Ok, just did my first non rev trip after cutover and on AA metal.  I flew as D1 and everything was great!  LOVE Jetaway and Mobi !! So cool to keep tabs on the process and know how things are progressing.  Flew DCALAX and had the new sky interior.  Is this going to be the new standard going forward? What is the percentage of the fleet in this configuration?  The IFE was very good.  All the AA agents were very good and every flight departed on time.  I hope they convert all the former US airbus a/c to the IFE!
All the new 737 777-300 some 200 have been converted and 787 have sky interior

Reactions: 2 people
ChrisUS said:
All new delivery LAA aircraft, including Airbus, come with that IFE. No word yet on if Doug is putting it on the LUS aircraft. They talk about the A319, but never any mention of IFE. I hope they put it on along with the powerports at every seat that is also on all new planes and older planes with the new seats. So maybe when we said that NRTP was nice with all the tools, maybe people will believe us now. I've never had any issue with manipulation of the standby list.

Latest posts