RIF Notices

I am not saying DFW is the "villan" AA is handling the entire situation wrong. But the numbers that were true and correct should have been put out before we were locked from out from our bids. That was completely wrong. People went by the numbers that were posted at the time.

The workers aren't the villians, they're just going with the flow. Of course guys that benefit from the mess are all for it and evidently lpbrian is one of them. The way I understand it, United ignored the seniority list when they shut down Indy but eventually seniority was honored after a lawsuit was filed.

It seems the 565 "leadership" is ok with the way the RIF is being handled so it may once again be up to Lee Seham to represent workers that the TWU refuses to properly represent.

It was likely the same way under the IAM.
IIRC, that was carryover language from our old "blue book" at NWA. We had strong language to make it painful for the company to randomly layoff people at select stations.

If they did, many people would be effected by the exercise of seniority if a senior person was laid off. That is precisely what happend when the ATL Maint base was closed with all those very senior Southern Airways/Republic Mechanic and related were all eligible to bump. I think we only had about 8 out of 35 at MCO that did not get bumped by ATL folks after that one.

I hope that AA and the TWU allow seniority to rule. It sounds like the TWU has rolled over yet again. Layoffs should be painful for the company.

IIRC, that was carryover language from our old "blue book" at NWA. We had strong language to make it painful for the company to randomly layoff people at select stations.

If they did, many people would be effected by the exercise of seniority if a senior person was laid off. That is precisely what happend when the ATL Maint base was closed with all those very senior Southern Airways/Republic Mechanic and related were all eligible to bump. I think we only had about 8 out of 35 at MCO that did not get bumped by ATL folks after that one.

I hope that AA and the TWU allow seniority to rule. It sounds like the TWU has rolled over yet again. Layoffs should be painful for the company.

As long as the company semen seekers, Phat Don and Vanderloser are running the RIFUBAR, expect seniority to mean nothing.

There's a list that lists all the options that people selected. Its an excell spreadsheet and not that easy to read. It was sent to the Presidents, its not secret but were asked not to post it, some of us sent it out to our boards and stewards if someone wants to look at it.

Thanks Bob. Any type of award list that members can see?

I've talked to several DFW line mechs. Many of these guys used to work at AFW. They told me that several years ago when AFW was first opened, that several mechs had made motions at local 567 to optain an one station agreement with DFW local 513. They said their motions were rejected, because AFW didn't want any DFW people bumping into AFW during a layoff. It seemed kinda ironic that now AFW is crying about not being able to bump into DFW?

I've talked to several DFW line mechs. Many of these guys used to work at AFW. They told me that several years ago when AFW was first opened, that several mechs had made motions at local 567 to optain an one station agreement with DFW local 513. They said their motions were rejected, because AFW didn't want any DFW people bumping into AFW during a layoff. It seemed kinda ironic that now AFW is crying about not being able to bump into DFW?
It amazes me that someone junior would have to bump out of the DFW area if they hold seniority in the same classification of another in the DFW area. One locality should be one bidding point. Just because they are at different airports or hangars? Do the people at the SFO Superbay have to leave SFO or can they bid the line, or SJC?

Unreal.

Thats a concept that people like (ex) NYer would never even contemplate.

Back then they may have required that Local 567 become part of Local 513 to be part of a one station agreement.

Back then they may have required that Local 567 become part of Local 513 to be part of a one station agreement.

I have asked the eboard to provide the members with a copy of the letter that was sent to the 565 eboard requesting a one station agreement, or at least post it on the website. The word now is that they never sent one, or even requested a meeting of the eboards to discuss one. So although KP has done a lot of whining, the eboard here appears to has never requested a one station agreement. The eboard I hear are saying that his letter was all for show to blame another station for this eboard failure to help us.

Put up or shut up KP. Show us the letter

I have asked the eboard to provide the members with a copy of the letter that was sent to the 565 eboard requesting a one station agreement, or at least post it on the website. The word now is that they never sent one, or even requested a meeting of the eboards to discuss one. So although KP has done a lot of whining, the eboard here appears to has never requested a one station agreement. The eboard I hear are saying that his letter was all for show to blame another station for this eboard failure to help us.

Put up or shut up KP. Show us the letter
Sorry you have to go to Miami Tex, but I think your tour of duty will be short lived. I would put in a tranfer request asap for DWH and DFW. I am going to DWH and not looking back, even though the rumor is they are going to recall to TAESL. See ya Capt. Smirnoff and Phsyco Bob !!!!!! Have fun in Taesl, the guys there can't wait to train ya

Odie, you know who I am, I am not "crying about not being able to bump DFW" I am fine where I landed, and I agree with you some of the out of state bumps will be short lived...... when I replied to amfamiami it was just to point out that AFW was not receiving ANY preferencial treatment what-so-ever........... I am not even going to respond to the individual who seems to think this is so ironic. People who aren't at AFW have no idea how AA/TWU have screwed this up.

i was there for that motion. all of a sudden its a different story....

Let me clarify that statement. The intl would never allow dfw and afw to become one local since it could potentially be larger then tulsa. Now back to the motion I beleive Charlie Clark ot Joe "meth" hasen were president when it came up. Matt lorenzi CLEARLY explained in that special "I'm smarter then anyone and know better then everyone" Matt way that if we did that then all that seniority in dfw can bump to afw. Then if you were in afw you would go to MIA, lga, ord etc. Local 567 did everything they could to eliminate seniority in training, quals and everything unless of course they were forced to follow seniority

Back