RUMOR CONTROL

"Flight Attendants removing trips from the ETB and reposting the trips after "seeing" the name of the person first in line to pick up the trip while it in pending status. "

http://www.afausairways.org/Eline/mar19_06.htm

Here is the e-line that talks about ETB trips being pulled when the lineholder does not approve of the person picking up the trip.
HaHaHa
It IS possible to remove your trip before it has been processed.
What's funny is that I've never heard of anyone doing this because they see the name of someone who they don't want to get the trip.
How immature is THAT?
I'm sure that the incidents have been rare and isolated. This is also not limited to just primary/senior blockholders since anyone can post.
Back to the comment about getting back at seniors for doing that...hee hee hee evil old farts ....what makes anyone think that going FCFS would be revenge? You'll be surprised how many senior ones can also watch the clock for that magic twelve hour mark, and how many can type info into the computer lightning fast. Some may even be able run over the a**es of young ones all the way to the podium! :D

HaHaHa
It IS possible to remove your trip before it has been processed.
What's funny is that I've never heard of anyone doing this because they see the name of someone who they don't want to get the trip.
How immature is THAT?
I'm sure that the incidents have been rare and isolated. This is also not limited to just primary/senior blockholders since anyone can post.
Back to the comment about getting back at seniors for doing that...hee hee hee evil old farts ....what makes anyone think that going FCFS would be revenge?

It is not RARE/ISOLATED it is common practice.....ask about it on the line and if ur in a big base u will find it truthfull........and how is it revenge it takes a little away from the cake and eat it too crowd

I have been too wrapped up in other stuff on days off to pick up ETB trips but the last time I did two months ago I got 2 out of 30. They were all pulled or expired... that has NEVER happened until the whole issue of the ETB exploded with the "FOR BLOCKHOLDERS ONLY" came about. It is done and it is done OFTEN. That is why the feature should have been blocked ages ago and never was taken care of. BACK ON TOPIC THOUGH.... A large group regardless of east and west will be PO'd when the decision is made. I know that many feel the east will be ticked off. Well let me tell ya, sitting around the crew room and just talking about it, I have heard more people at my seniority of between 7-10 years that are fine if it goes FCFS. The only ones really ranting is the more senior ones of the group.

I have been too wrapped up in other stuff on days off to pick up ETB trips but the last time I did two months ago I got 2 out of 30. They were all pulled or expired... that has NEVER happened until the whole issue of the ETB exploded with the "FOR BLOCKHOLDERS ONLY" came about. It is done and it is done OFTEN. That is why the feature should have been blocked ages ago and never was taken care of. BACK ON TOPIC THOUGH.... A large group regardless of east and west will be PO'd when the decision is made. I know that many feel the east will be ticked off. Well let me tell ya, sitting around the crew room and just talking about it, I have heard more people at my seniority of between 7-10 years that are fine if it goes FCFS. The only ones really ranting is the more senior ones of the group.
Where is the "for b/h only" button? How do you use this feature? Is there a possibility that you were not legal for that particular trip? When you are actually denied a trip, there is a reason noted in the comments box...usually says "Denied for ..."
I know that there have been comments posted in the box that says" blockholders only"; this is not seen by scheduling and does not affect anyone from picking up the trip. Some are having issues with the fact that reserves are getting guarantee plus ETB and not really flying all those paid hours. This is certainly not the RSVs fault.

Where is the "for b/h only" button? How do you use this feature?
When a b/h drops a trip they certainly can see who is trying to pick it up. They not all all but MANY were pulling trips because they were PO'd that reserves were making "all that time". I was perfectly legal for the trips and am very aware of the peramiters you must fit into as a reserve to pick up a trip. Ya know, not out before 10am and in by 6pm. Only a few and that's maybe 3 or 4 came back denied. The rest came back expired. If you pulled the trip up they were ALL picked by another blockholder. I had a f/a sit on my j/s in the back of the 757 and say word for word, "It's not fair that these reserves are getting all that time when many of us blockholders are busting rears all month". She then said that she went into the crew service center in PHL and complained to andrew. Surely that fell on deaf ears. Honestly, I don't think it's happening as much now as many blockholders are finding themselves reserve or are becoming more educated about the ETB and what the pros/cons of the ETB are for reserves. This truly is off topic and could be a different thread...sorry all. BACK ON TOPIC... :D

Ask many a flight attendant on the east who has hmmm say 10 years or less if they agree with FCFS over seniority and see what they say. Especially if those 10 year or less flight attendants are commuters. Many and I do mean MANY are ok with the switch. No I don't agree with FCFS with all the loopholes that seem to be popping up. Seems pretty cut and dry with seniority though not always fair to the more junior person. FCFS "may" put all on an equal playing field but things seem to be in question to convince many at east that it's an ok system.

The cheapest way is going to win, just as Pineybob says ... think about this....

Not to get your hopes up - but we're keeping Shares reservation system.
While the system is capable of somewhat boarding by seniority - it would only list you in order by your year of hire, and right now at US East in Sabre they are listing in order down to the day.
Continental Airlines owns the rights to a lot of the features in Shares since Shares is part of their holdlings (shares is the first reservation system ever created - designed by Eastern Airlines). Continental would have to sell the company the privilege of modifying the current standby tables so that we could spend the money for programmers to modify what we currently have to allow boarding by seniority down to the day.

I'm not saying the company wouldn't do that, and wouldn't spend that kind of money to make it happen...however, given the fact they don't want to spend money that isn't necessary time of checking would be working in our favor financially.

Latest posts

Back